1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

The VF-4 is one of my favorite valk designs, and I'm one of the few that loves its battroid mode probably as much as its fighter mode. Yamato's version is a solid toy in all three modes, and the fighter mode is simply gorgeous from any angle. For those among you getting one for the first time, congrats and I hope you enjoy it.

I already have two of the Yamato releases, and skipped on the re-release. The toy is great, but not without it's flaws, nearly all of which are in its battroid mode, IMHO. I would have gladly ordered an Arcadia if they had fixed/redesigned the following: made the battroid a little shorter ( the 'b' mode is shorter and stockier in the lineart); design the shoulders to rotate and swing out from the body; redesign the forearms to accommodate the poseable hands (honestly, they only need be extended by a few mm to allow the poseable hands to retract. Boggles my mind why they didn't); fix the many missile tabs for tighter adherence, or just embed them and their recesses with magnets; more tampo; and get rid of those damned ball jointed ankles and use ratcheting joints (that goes for all their valks).

Overall, I'd say this valk has the tightest overall joints, both articulation and transformation, of any valk I own from either Bandai, Yamato, or Arcadia, and it locks together in all modes solidly. Definitely swooshable without fear (except maybe a missile or five falling off). It's a lovely piece, and I can't recommend it highly enough, if at least for the fighter mode.

I think the VF-4 would look a thousand times better if it had the commander type head turret. I agree that the toy has some flaws in the way the lower arms are designed (no rotation below the elbow, not enough room for the posable hands, no sturdy locks for the forearms) but I truly believe this is the pinnacle of Yamatos design, even if it is not perfect (nothing really is).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not shipping mine till the SDF-1 comes out next month. But very excited to have another VF-4.

Like my first one, this one is not staying in its VFX colors. :p

paint it w/ brown feet!

Guest davidwhangchoi

LOL! No, I don't think I'll be doing that. I have more experience and way more decals stockpiled now than I did back then though, so I think I can do much better this time around!

jk, i'm sure it will look amazing as usual =)

Yeah, premium on the exchange rate and the foreign transaction fee to boot.

Not to get too far off topic, but how are the other vendors for these charges? Is there a better way to do this?

Pay with your credit card over PayPal.

Use a credit card that does not charge foreign exchange fee

Price will be in yen and your creditcard will use the actual exchange rate .