1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

One of my favourite VF design, getting another one for sure...worth every penny!!

And because....who knows in a year's time if it will rise in price ( o.k the Yamato was sort of an exclusive when it was released, but the price they reached at one point was just pure stupidity).

You're bound to get hoarders that will buy 10 Arcadia Ver at a time, and in 6 months time market price will shoot up again.

Like a lot of people, I did think of selling my Yamato ver as soon as Arcadia announced it was going to re-release it, but couldn't get myself to do so. Most sexy bird ever!!!! Want another! ( and with a bit of luck we'll get a Roy Ver....if not, I'll be able to do a custom...).

A Roy's custom VF-4G? Curious to see what that looks like. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Yo! Where are all my people who are hyped for the VF-4 because this will be their first one!?!

I'm here! I don't have any idea what I'm missing yet so I may be doubly excited. Or doubly neutral? Not sure yet but I'm pumped. And wmkjr, speak not of the exchange rate!

yeah I have decided im definitely going to pass on this one. I do really like the VF-4 but only for its fighter mode and I have an original Yamato example so that will do me.

I'd rather put the money aside for the Hi-Metal R Monster instead..

In total agreement with this sentiment.....I stopped "supporting" Arcadia via double-dipping after their initial VF-1 releases of the -1S Roy and Hikaru.....give me something you've never done before and I'll buy from you again Arcadia....VF-5000, TV SDF-1, VF-9, VF-14, VA-3.....ok, PWS-0X counts...but it's kinda like cheating.....so I'm having to get yet another VF-0S since the old one will not fit into it....basterds! -_-

Yo! Where are all my people who are hyped for the VF-4 because this will be their first one!?!

I almost forgot it coming out at the end of the month and then NY sent me a message saying it would be released ahead of schedule, my hype levels are almost at maximum now!

My first too, and they honor me by moving the release date up to my birthday 2-24! They shouldn't have. Not really excited about it, I am on the fence about the VF-4, I just ordered one so as to not miss out again. If I don't like it I am sure someone will want it.

Hahaha! Show him that door, spanner!

This'll be my first set of VF-4s too! I'm xcited but I'm trying not to show it. It might scare them off. I only look at em via reflective surfaces...

yep! hehe! and I got a few bucks extra per hour pay rise too! sweet! though sadly its not enough to start going crazy buying more Macross stuffs.. ok back to topic.

The Yamato/Arcadia VF-4G hands down, has the prettiest, most elegant Fighter mode of any transformable toy Valkyrie from any Macross series and toy maker.

I really hope that the Arcadia release matches or exceeds the build quality of the Yamato release (as it relates to the looseness of the missiles) .

-b.

Everyone's excitement here is infectious. I've also been watching review after review of the Yamato figure which all say that the VF-4 is a (if not THE) high bar for Macross toys. I was going to skip this because, after all, it's only in Macross Flashback 2012 for maybe 2 or 3 seconds. But, I'm sucked in by the excitement. And I have to admit that even those precious 2 or 3 seconds mean something to me because of how early I saw them in my Macross fandom. I freeze framed those seconds and examined every single line in the quest to make stats for the RPG game.

I put in a pre-order with Ami-Ami. Now it's time to wait.

The VF-4 is one of my favorite valk designs, and I'm one of the few that loves its battroid mode probably as much as its fighter mode. Yamato's version is a solid toy in all three modes, and the fighter mode is simply gorgeous from any angle. For those among you getting one for the first time, congrats and I hope you enjoy it.

I already have two of the Yamato releases, and skipped on the re-release. The toy is great, but not without it's flaws, nearly all of which are in its battroid mode, IMHO. I would have gladly ordered an Arcadia if they had fixed/redesigned the following: made the battroid a little shorter ( the 'b' mode is shorter and stockier in the lineart); design the shoulders to rotate and swing out from the body; redesign the forearms to accommodate the poseable hands (honestly, they only need be extended by a few mm to allow the poseable hands to retract. Boggles my mind why they didn't); fix the many missile tabs for tighter adherence, or just embed them and their recesses with magnets; more tampo; and get rid of those damned ball jointed ankles and use ratcheting joints (that goes for all their valks).

Overall, I'd say this valk has the tightest overall joints, both articulation and transformation, of any valk I own from either Bandai, Yamato, or Arcadia, and it locks together in all modes solidly. Definitely swooshable without fear (except maybe a missile or five falling off). It's a lovely piece, and I can't recommend it highly enough, if at least for the fighter mode.

The VF-4 is one of my favorite valk designs, and I'm one of the few that loves its battroid mode probably as much as its fighter mode. Yamato's version is a solid toy in all three modes, and the fighter mode is simply gorgeous from any angle. For those among you getting one for the first time, congrats and I hope you enjoy it.

I already have two of the Yamato releases, and skipped on the re-release. The toy is great, but not without it's flaws, nearly all of which are in its battroid mode, IMHO. I would have gladly ordered an Arcadia if they had fixed/redesigned the following: made the battroid a little shorter ( the 'b' mode is shorter and stockier in the lineart); design the shoulders to rotate and swing out from the body; redesign the forearms to accommodate the poseable hands (honestly, they only need be extended by a few mm to allow the poseable hands to retract. Boggles my mind why they didn't); fix the many missile tabs for tighter adherence, or just embed them and their recesses with magnets; more tampo; and get rid of those damned ball jointed ankles and use ratcheting joints (that goes for all their valks).

Overall, I'd say this valk has the tightest overall joints, both articulation and transformation, of any valk I own from either Bandai, Yamato, or Arcadia, and it locks together in all modes solidly. Definitely swooshable without fear (except maybe a missile or five falling off). It's a lovely piece, and I can't recommend it highly enough, if at least for the fighter mode.

Mr K said they were redoing the tabs on the missiles to be more secure.

Hear, hear!

I've been continually checking my email since this thread got so active again. This VF-4 will be my first such toy. I too am a very big fan of the VF-4 Battroid mode, much more than the fighter. I think the transformation system is one of the best and most underrated such designs Kawamori ever made. I'm also really impressed how well it translated into a toy. Sure it's not without it's issues, but for a first attempt (Yamato) this toy is a positively inspired piece of manufacturing! I'm thrilled that we're both getting a re-release from Arcadia AND that there is clearly enough popularity for the design to do so.