1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

I miss the Mighty Block Stand...

i kinda hate them....they twist at the joint and can send a fastpacked valk tumbling....i had to glue the twist joint so it wouldn't do that. i'd rathar use a bandai stand with an EXO adaptor in that size. the new large arcadia stands are sturdy as hell....but look awkward on a small vf-1 but seem ok for the vf-0d i'm using it for.

guys guys! we know they read this forums and probably estimate market value with us.

Let's all just say, we will pay no more than 22500 Yen for this non-hero plain scheme valk that's not exactly the same one that had less than 10sec screen time in FB2012, but it's on a crappy video game.

I only pay top dollars for hero valks. Hikaru, Max or Millia. Who's with me?? PEER PRESSSUREEE!!!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

How does the gunpod clip on the to valk?

It doesn't. Arcadia will have to change something on the original molds if the gunpod is included. I firmly believe that the only showing that the VF-4G comes with articulated hands that aren't integrated into the transformation of the Valkyrie (because the forearms are too slim).

Funny how tough the crowd can be at times.

Considering the prices on the after-market (including those I've sold AND bought) I'm happy to be able to get a VF-4G for below retail.

And honestly they could do a straight-reissue with no added features and accessories and I'd be very happy. In a perfect world that'd be less reason for a huge price jump. And yes, I'm anticipating that this will cost more than the original release.

-b.

I have hope that they'll release the fb2012 after. Maybe it's a matter of keeping the licence for the toy, some licences are lost if you don't make use of them with in a certain time period. May be this release is just Arcadia making use of the mold to keep the licence. Mr K said he wanted to make the fb2012 color scheme but there was a licence issue. Just wishful thinking.

Didn't someone figure out that you can actually shove the gunpod handle into one of the slots on the belly? I don't know how well it would fit though..

I know someone had considered making new wings or belly plates with attached hardpoints though. I just don't remember if they were completed.

Didn't someone figure out that you can actually shove the gunpod handle into one of the slots on the belly? I don't know how well it would fit though..

I know someone had considered making new wings or belly plates with attached hardpoints though. I just don't remember if they were completed.

Found this one over the old VF-4G thread.

So, I love Yamato's VF-4, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it really needed some appropriate squadron markings. The FB2012 stuff was a nice addition, but I didn't want to get started with trying any paints on this thing. I'd ruin a $300 toy, for sure.

I played with subdued skull squadron colors and the VF-1 wolfpack colors from a VF-0A sticker sheet, but it still didn't look right. The blue trim clashed with the schemes and that just bugged me.

Did some digging in the VF-1 Master File books and found a photo of some similar looking gray w/ blue trim VF-4s flying with an AK tail code. Ok, I can work with that. Found some old 1/48 A-4 Skyhawk decals with an AK tail code marking and decided to decal up my VF-4 tailfins. Ended up using the old multi-color squadron leader markings too. After some tests, I figured out that 50% flat clearcoat and 50% semi-gloss clearcoat matches yamato's plastic sheen perfectly.

Regardless, I know I'm not as good a builder as some of you out there, but I think it looks pretty good and I'm happy with it.

20130202_110647_zpsdf203a6f.jpg

20130202_110704_zps6bdbec9e.jpg

20130202_110754_zps57e60633.jpg

Panel lined last night

Photo6-2-1313906_zpseb090de8.jpg

Photo6-2-1313904_zpse399b9c2.jpgPhoto6-2-1314401_zps8fce1b3c.jpg

Next is to do custom color scheme and decals B))

This one uses the magic of magnets. ;)

a2.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I get wanting a gunpod for the release, but I always felt like the VF-4 was designed with conformal gear in mind. I mean you have main guns built in to the nacelles and the conformal missiles all over the body and when it transforms you end up with the main guns near the hands (underneath) making it a point and shoot design. The overall design is meant to be very sleek in fighter mode. On the other hand though, I have so many VF-1's that I can spare a gunpod for a VF-4 in battroid mode if I needed to.

Funny how tough the crowd can be at times.

Considering the prices on the after-market (including those I've sold AND bought) I'm happy to be able to get a VF-4G for below retail.

And honestly they could do a straight-reissue with no added features and accessories and I'd be very happy. In a perfect world that'd be less reason for a huge price jump. And yes, I'm anticipating that this will cost more than the original release.

-b.

I'm quite pleased with the release. Sure I'd prefer a FB2012 (I like the color scheme of the VF-X version) release and I don't like the design of the head turret (no head lasers? Come on!) but it is a great looking Valkyrie toy and from the reviews I've seen it looks super fun and quality. Of course there are some areas that would benefit from improvements but overall I'm looking forward to it.

Some small improvements I could think of:

• Locking points for the various wings and canards
  • Locking forearms and integrated articulated hands
  • Wider inner forearms
  • Missiles that stay in place during transformation
  • Integrated gunpod
  • Solid joints in the arms but not too stiff to cause breakage

I don't think that are big changes and we will probably get the missiles and stiffer joints if Arcadias fit and finish is any indication. Keeping the other Arcadia reissues of Yamato molds in mind I don't think we get any other differences (maybe less markings :p). Rotating shoulders would be great but I think for that the whole toy had to be redesigned because there is a metal strut running through the fuselage in this area.

I'm hyped for the release!

Edited by Scyla

Only in the one promo poster (puts on Digital Mission VF-X expert hat).

Ah yes, the VF-4 uses a hand held beam gun pod, not a GU-11 gun pod. My mistake. But it wasn't VF-X, it was Eternal Love Song.

neoexcaliber

Well, I guess that solves that :(

But still, it looks like one can easily arm it with the Arcadia VF-1 plastic gun given the scale.