1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Hmmm. M&M from the M3 game perhaps? ;) Regarding this Dreamcast game, who owns the right for those color variants?

Oh wow, I forgot all about those schemes. Some of the most colorful in all of Macross. but I think I'd like the Flashback 2012 scheme before those :)

I'm not sure who owns the rights to that Dreamcast game.

I sure hope so.

Regardless of what is or is not hard to get, I wouldn't mind seeing the 4G Skull Squadron schemes that were posted earlier or some other new paint scheme to mix things up.

Well, excitement is really high on all the forums I'm a part of and on FB. There seems to be a lot of demand for it, so I think it's going to sell well, at least to use international folks. I'm optimistic :)

Probably Macross Delta stuff :p

And there you have it. No more questions and wishes. Hahaha! :lol:

My problem with this idea is that both of those schemes are terrible.

Oh wow, I forgot all about those schemes. Some of the most colorful in all of Macross. but I think I'd like the Flashback 2012 scheme before those :)

I'm not sure who owns the rights to that Dreamcast game.

Well, excitement is really high on all the forums I'm a part of and on FB. There seems to be a lot of demand for it, so I think it's going to sell well, at least to use international folks. I'm optimistic :)

And are these the only Max and Millia combos that hasn't been made, correct?

Now that the VF-4G has been released....if the concern is over "transformation" then just handle it like they handled the VF-X release...which also should not be able to "transform".... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

vf-x-lineart.gif

BW is just charging too much for the license in 1/60-ish scale...........or maybe Bandai already snatched it? :)

And yet, they also incorporated landing gears into this one. Knowing there wasn't in that lineart. :lol:

The VF-X never transformed in the original Macross and Yamato still made a transforming version of it. How did they get away with that?

Exactly....I think someone gave the reason why we cannot get a FB2012 VF-4 due to "transformation issues" and it somehow stuck as internet fact.... ;)

Yamato wasn't going to waste money on a new non transforming VF-1 mold just to satisfy the "non-transformation" requirement for the VF-X........same thing now would apply with the FB2012 version of the VF-4........

BW is simply just asking more than Arcadia and Yamato is/was willing to pay for the license.....or it is just not available....and/or still in Bandai's hands!

Bandai had it last....so if anyone knows what a license for a FB2012 VF-4 costs, in any scale or configuration, it is Bandai! :rolleyes:

box%202.jpg

secret%20vf-4.JPG

Edited by jvmacross

And yet, they also incorporated landing gears into this one. Knowing there wasn't in that lineart. :lol:

Huh? Are you saying that your VF-X did not come with a BigWest disclaimer strictly prohibiting the use of the VF-X's landing gear? You need to check your box dude! :rolleyes::p

But, yeah.....no way Yamato back then...or Arcadia today...would need to retool their mold just so it does not transform or to eliminate a feature not seen on the lineart.....

It's all about the price and/or availability of the FB2012 license.....

Huh? Are you saying that your VF-X did not come with a BigWest disclaimer strictly prohibiting the use of the VF-X's landing gear? You need to check your box dude! :rolleyes::p

But, yeah.....no way Yamato back then...or Arcadia today...would need to retool their mold just so it does not transform or to eliminate a feature not seen on the lineart.....

It's all about the price and/or availability of the FB2012 license.....

Wait. What?! IT has a BW disclaimer? :blink: Wait, I'm going to take a look... Oppss, I forgot I don't have a VF-X. Hahaha! :lol: ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Wait. What?! IT has a BW disclaimer? :blink: Wait, I'm going to take a look... Oppss, I forgot I don't have a VF-X. Hahaha! :lol: ;)

LOL.....but now that you mention not having the VF-X.............

What Yamato/Arcadia VF PT toy becomes the new holy grail for completists?

I figured the popular valks like the VF-4, VF-1D and Max & Milia VF-1J's would eventually see a re-release.....but I still don't see VFs like the VF-X, Virgin Road -1D, and Angel Birds ever getting a second release.........Still the reissue of the VF-4 gives some hope...even if it just a fool's hope.... :(

I figured the popular valks like the VF-4, VF-1D and Max & Milia VF-1J's would eventually see a re-release.....but I still don't see VFs like the VF-X, Virgin Road -1D, and Angel Birds ever getting a second release.........Still the reissue of the VF-4 gives some hope...even if it just a fool's hope.... :(

True. If those reissue happens, it will be the only time I will buy the VF-1D and VT-1 Ostrich. And basically, it's still a 'Hikaru' Valk for me. Fan Racer, not so sure. Probably, when it's painted. ;)

I'm going to guess they are going to try and stay at, or just slightly below 300$.

I think a 400 MSRP is too much, and it will be way to much if it's the same paint scheme.

300 or under, and consider one sold.

However, if I remember my old messages with the K man himself, they were waiting on something

for the VF-4, and it was a licensing thing, so it might be a new scheme. Hopefully BW figured out

the FB2012 issues, and gave them permission.

Song of hope ring out across the Galaxy :p

However, if I remember my old messages with the K man himself, they were waiting on something

for the VF-4, and it was a licensing thing, so it might be a new scheme. Hopefully BW figured out

the FB2012 issues, and gave them permission.

I'm in! ;)

I wouldn't get my hope too high up for a FB2012 version until I hear anything from Arcadia about it.

Remember, last time the VF-4 was release Yamato went out of business.

Maybe Arcadia is filing for bankruptcy as we speak. :D

Uh oh. Would that make the VF-4G a false holy grail?

Grail Knight: Yamato chose poorly. Arcadia chose ... :p

If anything, if Arcadia does this right, it will fatten thier accounts, and enable new molds.

The original was reopened 3 times for additional pre-orders. They know its popular. The scheme needs to be epic to knock it out of the park

I don't know, this was a super niche product and they're releasing the same exact paint scheme so of the few that would ever buy this toy (especially at this price) most already have it. I really doubt they'll make a killing off this. It may prove profitable because some will swoop it up expecting it to be an investment piece or to avoid the chance they can't get it later.

I don't know, this was a super niche product and they're releasing the same exact paint scheme so of the few that would ever buy this toy (especially at this price) most already have it. I really doubt they'll make a killing off this. It may prove profitable because some will swoop it up expecting it to be an investment piece or to avoid the chance they can't get it later.

If it keeps Arcadia going then I'm all for it.

Obviously the fact that I wish to add it to my collection is important but in the long run it's better to have 2 manufacturers creating variable fighters than 1 so I'm happy to prop up Arcadia by buying this re-issue.

Tempted to buy 2 (if I get the chance this time round) and potentially customise 1 of them to FB2012 but I'm no longer confident in my airbrushing skills so maybe just 1.

I think it's been official for awhile now haha.

No official release date, but it stated to be release on early 2016.

Although, it is missing some vital information like the price.

I was referring to the VF-X license, but yeah, we all knew :p

I was hoping they'd make it at least a little different, but I already have 2 from Yamato, so I can't speak for everyone.

At least now I can stop dreaming it'd somehow be closer to the FB VF-4 :D

I was referring to the VF-X license, but yeah, we all knew :p

I was hoping they'd make it at least a little different, but I already have 2 from Yamato, so I can't speak for everyone.

At least now I can stop dreaming it'd somehow be closer to the FB VF-4 :D

I'm sure they will release a FB2012 version if they can get the license for it, unless they're going out of business again after this VF-4 release. :lol:

Then I don't think we'll see anymore VF-4 releases if that happens though. The VF-4 mold is cursed.

I'm sure they will release a FB2012 version if they can get the license for it, unless they're going out of business again after this VF-4 release. :lol:

Then I don't think we'll see anymore VF-4 releases if that happens though. The VF-4 mold is cursed.

It's a beauty though...especially in fighter mode. At first I was miffed that the Yamato would no longer be considered a "Holy Grail" item, but I never really intended on selling mine anyways. I guess this means I can safely risk having one converted to FB colors if Arcadia doesn't get the chance.

Regardless, I'm sincerely happy for everyone who doesn't already have one in their collection to have an opportunity to get it at a reasonable price (fingers crossed).

Considering the VF-4G came out when the exchange rate was ~74 yen to the dollar, I doubt the re-release will be more expensive for buyers in the US. Right now it's roughly 119 yen to the dollar, so even my VF-0A cost less than my VF-4G did.

Edited by VF5SS

I have to say this is a surprise. This announcement seemed to come out of nowhere. Usually we get a hint of things to come at the Japan Summer Wonderfest like we did with the VF-0S reactive armor. I really. I bought the Yamato VF-4G from HLJ at the time. I remember it was pricey then so I can expect it to be even more expensive now (not including the stand). I hope this VF-4G reissue is not the white flag or a sign like it was for Yamato. Although Yamato did go out with a bang so I can respect and appreciate that.

It's a beauty though...especially in fighter mode. At first I was miffed that the Yamato would no longer be considered a "Holy Grail" item, but I never really intended on selling mine anyways. I guess this means I can safely risk having one converted to FB colors if Arcadia doesn't get the chance.

Regardless, I'm sincerely happy for everyone who doesn't already have one in their collection to have an opportunity to get it at a reasonable price (fingers crossed).

Agreed that it looks great in fighter mode, then again I think most Valk look better in fighter mode to begin with. Gerwalk mode looks a little weird for the VF-4, and it's Battroid mode is a straight up abomination.

I'll be saving up for this, unless Arcadia decided to slap a $400 MSRP on it.

I'm thinking. Would Arcadia use the same process as what Yamato did on this one like having the correct colored molded plastic instead of painting it? The only thing I can compare somehow with what I have is the recent VF-1J release and comparing it to their VF-0D and VF-0A releases. The VF-1J is properly made using the correct colored plastic where as both Zero valks is more painted.

I'm thinking. Would Arcadia use the same process as what Yamato did on this one like having the correct colored molded plastic instead of painting it? The only thing I can compare somehow with what I have is the recent VF-1J release and comparing it to their VF-0D and VF-0A releases. The VF-1J is properly made using the correct colored plastic where as both Zero valks is more painted.

Except for the blue highlights nothing else needs to be painted.