Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

• 1 month later...

Just a little tip on improving the stance of the VF-1. Just snip off the top section of the nose gear and shorten the arm.

side20view_zpscerxvcnj.jpg

Brings the nose down a tad and looks much better.  My VF-1J with the little mod

20170602_233211_zpssc0zmnwc.jpg

• 2 months later...

About the closest I can think of were the Doyusha die-cast 1/144-scale fighters. I think they made the VF-1, VF-11, YF-19, and YF-21. All really nice little things, if a tad expensive (iirc). Of course, nowadays they're super expensive on the collector's market, so... yeah...

https://hlj.com/product/DYSDMM-1

Edited by kajnrig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in case anyone wants to see how one looks along a 1/144 scale tomi-T valk.

Just keep in mind ground shipping from these guys took well over a month

Tomy mecha size.jpg

Edited by 007-vf1

5 minutes ago, GMK said:

Probably means “surface”?

AKA through the sea, on a boat. I'm glad his items came out in one piece. Last time I used Surface mail, it took roughly 6 weeks and the shipping box AND individual item boxes were mangled. The items themselves were spared the worst, but phew, I'm gonna think twice about using it again in the future. Lesson learned.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:09 AM, valkyriepilot said:

A GBP-1 in 1/144 scale would be a nice sized kit :D

Specially because it has never been made in that scale.. The closest thing has been Arii's 1:170 model from the 80's and 90's reissues

I just wanted all the Delta fighter modes to display together, that would have saved A LOT of money and space over doing it with the Bandai DX's, not that I would because Delta was kinda mehhh....but you could spend the money on the TomyTec kits and still be ok!  And truthfully, if they had continued onto Frontier Valks, I might have sold my DX's and went with those, they were super detailed and would have saved tons of display cabinet space! 

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The fighter mode (at least the SV-262 and VF-31) are decently sturdy for their size. The SV-262 battroid and gerwalk are definitely spindly and not play-fodder. I imagine the VF-31 and VF-1 are the same.

I have Hayate's VF-31 Battroid, and the part holding the back pack and wings falls down by just looking at it. 

DSC_0437.thumb.JPG.79eac50ee68ed645f5b5ac6fed37575d.JPG 

A couple of years ago my 5-year old son won this as a pachinko/raffle prize. While it has never been opened it still looks pretty cool. The set is the Fighter and Battroid which of course can be parts formed into Gerwalk. To date I never bought one, but my first impression of this was that it was nice to pick up but not the retail prices for such a tiny VF. Shame though this truly a great scale VF.

This line was one of my favorites! I absolutely loved it (for fighter mode). They were SO dead on in proportions and the details are just stunning for the size. No paint, tiny bit of glue and they built up fast. I REALLY wanted all the Delta Valks to be made so I could have all 5 in fighter mode as who can afford or be bothered to jack with Bandai for the DX line? Sadly  we only got 3, the Drakken and the 31A.

I agree that the Frontier Valks would have sold better, I know I would have snapped them up quick!

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

This line was one of my favorites! I absolutely loved it (for fighter mode). They were SO dead on in proportions and the details are just stunning for the size. No paint, tiny bit of glue and they built up fast. I REALLY wanted all the Delta Valks to be made so I could have all 5 in fighter mode as who can afford or be bothered to jack with Bandai for the DX line? Sadly  we only got 3, the Drakken and the 31A.

I agree that the Frontier Valks would have sold better, I know I would have snapped them up quick!

I loved Tomytec's Gimix llne.  Both the Macross kits and real-life aircraft kits were simply stunning. I could tell that a lot of thought went into these kits and nothing seemed half-a$$ed.   It's just a shame that the kits didn't sell. Yeah, they were on the expensive side, but I felt the kits were well worth the cost. 

That said, I think Tomytec might have wasted resources on the battroid and gerwalk modes. When it comes to Macross models, fighter mode is where it's at. From what I can tell, it seems like many of the left overs are battroid kits or those expensive two-in-one battroid/fighter combo kits.

I've got the SV-262 in all 3 modes, and it's a terrific way to display the SV-262. The proportions look good, but you can tell they're not accurate if you look closely. I actually prefer the thinner wing look on the -262 fighter. I just wish it held together a bit better, but frankly that's the Gerwalk/Battroid design rather than anything Tomytec did.