Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

ZmrXajM.jpg

source

For those unfamiliar with Gimix series:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=102&cat=plamo&sold=0&state=0&sortid=0&target=series&searchkey=Gimix&spage=2

The released ones have been mostly 1:144 scale small airplane models. They have pre-painted pieces, are easy to put together and quite expensive, closer to 1:144 airplane trading toys from F-toys than traditional model. I guess this series will be similar to the old F-toys 1:144 Macross toy/model, but really surprised to see more than fighter mode.

The quality of their kits/toys is doubtlessly high, but those prices will get you a 1/48 Hase kit.

Yes, but if these are pre-painted and easy to put together, then as a non-model builder with all the model building skills of a headless chicken, I'd personally rather have these than a 1/48 Hasegawa :p

Graham

I've been building/collecting the 1/144 Tomytec kits for some time now. They are absolutely fantastic. The fit and finish is 100x better than the F-Toys stuff. I believe the kits are co-developed by Hasegawa as they are given credit on the boxes.

Here's my Tomytec Gimix F-4EJ Phantom

f-4ejphantom05_zpsc0c8a8af.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

F-works has done 1/144 Macross before. They were pretty detailed and good quality.

I've been collecting Gimix also (just 1 US type of each. So many color variations of different Japanese bases I'm not familiar with..) Their quality is a little better than F-works.

I'm 99% sure they will just release 3 forms as different pack - each with color variations. Then they will release LED afterburner unit.

144-macross.jpg

ftoy81075_b_1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Any other concrete information on this? Such as release dates?

Actually I want one of the Valkyries, but have no idea so far.

This is the link of the official web site. I' better wait for a while.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/gimix/index.html

It will be cool if it's transformable, even it means part swapping:)

Unlikely that it'll be transformable. If I had to guess, probably a 2+1 kit (ie. a separate battroid kit and fighter kit in one box with the option to make gerwalk mode by combining the battroid and fighter parts).

I've seen these on Yahoo Auctions Japan. I think they are sold as small inexpensive toys.

The VF-1 Valkyries have not been released yet. F-15s, F-4 Phantoms, Mitsubishi F-2s, and other real life aircraft have been released in the Gimix lineup. These are not completed toys or cheap gashapons. These are kits you have to put together with a bit of glue (though relatively easy to put together). And these kits are not cheap. The average fighter jet kit runs around 3300 to 3800 yen. However, it does come pre-painted with almost all markings tampo printed, and loads of accessories.

Edited by Vifam7

The pics look like a fix pose set, but these could just be prototypes. I'm very curious about these. Can't wait for more info.

They may be prototypes but unlikely they would change their concept at this stage. So if they look to be fixed pose valks then highly unlikely they would be transformable.

Wow, these look kinda "meh" compared to the awesome charaworks sets we had like 8 years ago

We shouldn't put too much on initial prototypes. If past & current Tomytec Gimix kits are anything to go by (see my F-4 Phantom at the top of this thread), these should be far superior to the Charaworks.

I'm pretty sure they don't transform and to be honest at that scale i wouldn't want them to. But when I mentioned fix pose I meant no articulation on the battroid or gerwalk. Although it is hard to tell at this point. If anyone can get some more info it would be appreciated.

It seems the main limbs are movable.. Arms, head and legs.. I like the detail..

I wouldn't want these tiny robots to be transformable. Too fragile to stand a few transformations before it breaks...

Can't wait for these to come out.. Hopefully they'll offer other mecha as well..

i have several sets of the Chara-Works, and while i love them to bits, honestly, they don't hold a candle to the Gimix line.

see those little markings on the F4 posted above? one can take a magnifying class to them and read.

if we're lucky, we might even get lighting and propulsion sets:

10212357p.jpg

previous Gimix entries like the Osprey have movable parts, so movable limbs for gerwalk and battroid is very likely.

what's so amazing about the Gimix line is how comprehensive it is. i've already pre-ordered these:

10352314a.jpg10352312a.jpg10352309a.jpg10300896b.jpg

edit: please, please, someone make the VF-25 in 1/144!

Edited by Major Focker

• 5 weeks later...