Macross Modelers

Tochiro

Hasegawa hands down. You'll start with the Fighter only kits but then find you'll want to try the Gerwalk ones... which will lead to the Battroid ones. All 3 modes are a joy to build and have some great lines and personality to them.

Wish you hadnt told me that.... didnt know about the low viz version. Now I MUST have one

Yus!! Got home from helping the olds out with winding up Dads business whos a medical mess at the moment and found a Sonic birds VF-1 and and 1/72 Regult waiting for me. Now to buy JasonCs Ghost and Jeffs spare Valk models.

This is becoming an addiction

Edited by NZEOD

Good day, guys. I haven't bought any Macross toys in years, and I just started doing WWII plane models this year. Looking forward to building Macross kits in the near future. Any good kits in 1/72 to recommend?

I know you said 1/72, but the 1/48 VF-1's are easier to build, solve some issues with legs and arms of the 1/72, you can build proper version of the TV Valk and of course are bigger!!!!

In 1/72 I recommend the VF-11B, even the Super Thunderbolt is very easy and nice kit.

Edited by joscasle

Good day, guys. I haven't bought any Macross toys in years, and I just started doing WWII plane models this year. Looking forward to building Macross kits in the near future. Any good kits in 1/72 to recommend?

Anything from Hasegawa Macross line. I'd say the simplest (but still looks really nice when finished) is the VF-11. You can finish primary building in a day or two, there's very little seam line filling, and parts break down pretty well for painting.

• 2 weeks later...

With Shizuoka coming up soon, hobbylink.tv teased that Hasegawa's got some Macross-related surprises coming. Anyone heard anything on the rumor mill? I'm hoping against hope that they'll be showing off prototypes for 1/72 VF-31/SV-262 kits, or, god willing, 1/72 VF-171s.

...or really just anything. They can always be counted on. Maybe Gerwalk/Battroid kits of something from 7/+/Frontier? Eh? Eh?

EDIT:

Video in question (around the 46-minute mark, just a few seconds spent talking about it):

Edited by kajnrig

With Shizuoka coming up soon, hobbylink.tv teased that Hasegawa's got some Macross-related surprises coming. Anyone heard anything on the rumor mill? I'm hoping against hope that they'll be showing off prototypes for 1/72 VF-31/SV-262 kits, or, god willing, 1/72 VF-171s.

...or really just anything. They can always be counted on. Maybe Gerwalk/Battroid kits of something from 7/+/Frontier? Eh? Eh?

EDIT:

Video in question (around the 46-minute mark, just a few seconds spent talking about it):

A hase 1/72 VF171 would make the most sense since delta has also 171's.

But since they will be doing all mecha, am crossing fingers for a destroid cheyenne!

Although i may not get it since i have 0 time to build one, would like to see it being released sometime. ^_^:p

If I get a chance, I'll see about popping over to the main exhibit hall and seeing what I can see. I'll be over at the Twin Messei site for the modelers exhibit, as part of the VF-Riders.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had much of a chance to keep up with the Shizuoka news. Can someone confirm/deny/add to the following summary?

Bandai:

- 1/72 VF-31J

- 1/72 VF-31S

- 1/72 SV-262

- Mecha Colle Macross line, plus Macross Elysion cruiser(?) mode

Hasegawa:

- 1/72 VF-31J fighter mode

- 1/72 SV-262 fighter mode

- 1/4000 SDF-1 movie version, Storm Attack(?) mode

- nothing else? A bit disappointing...

Aoshima:

- VF Girl project

I haven't had much of a chance to keep up with the Shizuoka news. Can someone confirm/deny/add to the following summary?

Bandai:

- 1/72 VF-31J + 31J with fast packs

- 1/72 VF-31S

- 1/72 SV-262

- Mecha Colle Macross line, plus Macross Elysion cruiser(?) mode

- New Figure-rise busts for Walkure

Hasegawa:

- 1/72 VF-31J fighter mode

- 1/72 SV-262 fighter mode

- 1/4000 SDF-1 movie version, Storm Attack(?) mode

- nothing else? A bit disappointing...

- For some reason i saw ami-ami listing re-releases of hase's old VF-1 fighter and battroid kits under shizuoka search banner.

TOMYTEC GIMIX

- New SV262 all modes samples

- New VF31A fighter sample displayed

- New VF31C fighter sample displayed

Aoshima:

- VF Girl project

Not really macross but related due to it being a draken;

Platz J35 1/144 draken model

Updated in bold.

Wait for the weekend, there may be new samples or announcements.

It happened before they had new item reveals for the public instead of the usual trade fellows.

I suspect in order to advertise directly to crowds during the weekend.

Edited by seti88

Updated in bold.

- For some reason i saw ami-ami listing re-releases of hase's old VF-1 fighter and battroid kits under shizuoka search banner.

HLJ has been showing for a couple weeks that a bunch of Hasegawa kits, including the VF-1A/J/S fighter kit, Battroid, Strike Battroid, VF-0A/S Battroid, and lots of others are due to be restocked in July. That could be the re-release.

Yea the VF-1s was listed as re-stocked. Just so happen ami also put them in as a shizuoka search...

i was also trying to find the 1/72 scale draken (NON-ace combat version) from hasegawa (or perhaps it was platz, i cant remember) teased during the early modellers live view.

Unfortunately tht didnt seem listed.

Or perhaps there would be more news during the weekend...lets see..

Edited by seti88

I'd love to see Hasegawa reissue the Black Aces kit. It's still available through Amazon but getting expensive. It would be great if they could add some new ones, like the Alaska Base and Cavaliers. I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record...

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

I'd love to see Hasegawa reissue the Black Aces kit. It's still available through Amazon but getting expensive. It would be great if they could add some new ones, like the Alaska Base and Cavaliers. I think I'm starting to sound look a broken record...

i doubt they will re-release it. They rarely reissue limited edition decal kits :(

I agree though the Black Aces kit is AWESOME

When the Hasegawa Macross Delta kits will be available?

hopefully a month or two... otherwise I wont have any spare cash on hand to get one! lol

• 2 weeks later...

i doubt they will re-release it. They rarely reissue limited edition decal kits :(

I agree though the Black Aces kit is AWESOME

I may have a Black Aces Decal kit available as I'm using the F/A-18 Hornet Black Aces decals instead.

So what I'm seeing on twitter right now is that there's a 1/72 VF-4 model kit coming, from Wave?

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-26593.html

Whelp... gonna need 10 of those... hope they're not TOO pricey :D

Taghobby has a nice big pic of the VF-4 Master File

... Gonna need one of those too...

any data on when either of these will be coming out? or are we all just going to have to salivate until more news?

... Gonna need one of those too...

any data on when either of these will be coming out? or are we all just going to have to salivate until more news?

Nothing on the publisher's homepage (GA Graphic).

However, this* blog says that it's being released on 2016/08/31. Buuuuuuuuut, given the history of the publisher missing the deadline, I'd say that that is the earliest we could expect it to be published.

The blog links to Amazon Prime**, which has a bit more info on it. The ISBN numbers, etc. are probably the most useful to you guys. Alas, (going by the description therein) the writers are still strumming the tune that the VF-4G is the first VF-4 that has a completed transformation mechanism T.T.

* http://mac-log.com/zassi/4048

** http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4797387661/ref=nosim?tag=maftracking99948-22&linkCode=ure&creative=6339