Macross Modelers

Tochiro

From ANN :
Macross Modelers, a new brand that encompasses the different plastic model lines for the franchise, is also launching. The participating companies are Wave, TOMYTEC, Hasegawa, Bandai, and Max Factory. The catch copy of the brand is, "Kyōtō Futatabi" (Fight together once more). The websiteindicates that there will be plastic models for the new anime. Kawamori will appear at a Macrossplastic model discussion event at the All Japan Model & Hobby Show on Saturday, and the event will provide more information on the new brand.

That is great news! Let Hasegawa handle all the fighters and Bandai the Battroids & Zentraedi stuff. Wave can finally produce their 1/100 Monster...

Yesss !!!. Hasegawa, please handle the fighters !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like the news from the podcast on our home page:

SpeakerPODcast EP.28 – RELEASE THE DRAKEN!

They mentioned all the companies got up on stage and would be working together. I think it may be just for Macross Delta though, I hope not! - MT

One company that was not listed above but is included in the "Macross Modelers" brand is Aoshima.

http://macross.jp/news/?id=79

Aoshima is known for ship models so maybe we'll see a kit of Daedalus and Prometheus in 1/700 scale?

Tomytec seems to have already begun their part by announcing VF-1s for their 1/144 scale Gimix line. As have Hasegawa with the TV SDF-1 and Super Messiah.

I'd like to see Wave expand their 1/100 scale kits lineup.

• 4 months later...

From Hasegawa:

1/4000 scale SDF-1 (DYRL) Storm Attack mode.

1/72 scale VF-1D Gerwalk, with 1 Hikaru and 2 Minmei resin figures.

From Max Factory:

1/20 scale Minmei figure

1/20 VF-1A/S Valkyrie

post-12411-0-74891100-1454822173_thumb.jpg

From Hasegawa:

1/72 scale VF-1D Gerwalk, with 1 Hikaru and 2 Minmei resin figures.

Great news, thanks for the update! Glad to see them offering more SDFM models, and the figures to go with them are a neat bonus.

A 1/20 VF-1 is going to be impressive! Does that also say something about a 1/72 VF from Wave?

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

Haha, I was going to kitbash my 1D & gerwalk kits together. The addition of Hikaru & Minmay figs might just make me buy the new kit... Although I'm not sure if they mean resin pilot figures or bigger ones to display alongside it.

Similarly, I'd considered converting a hasegawa Macross into storm attacker.

Not that I actually do these things anyway...

Haha, I was going to kitbash my 1D & gerwalk kits together. The addition of Hikaru & Minmay figs might just make me buy the new kit... Although I'm not sure if they mean resin pilot figures or bigger ones to display alongside it.

Based on the artwork shown in the ad, and the note about two Minmay figures, I bet it will include Hikaru and Minmay "pilot" figures for the cockpit as well as a Minmay figure that can be placed in the Gerwalk's left hand.

The little box from Wave states that they're going to be doing 1/72 scale VF's, that have not had a model done in that scale before.

Time for an injection kit VF-4? VF-17/171? VF-2? Something obscure like a VF-14 Vampire? Just have to wait and see!

Jefuemon, thanks for the translation! That's exciting news. Here's hoping for a VF-4. I was hoping that Hasegawa would get around to adding it to their line, but I think Wave will do a great job too (just might be more expensive).

Now, if only Wave would produce that 1/72 Spartan...

The little box from Wave states that they're going to be doing 1/72 scale VF's, that have not had a model done in that scale before.

Time for an injection kit VF-4? VF-17/171? VF-2? Something obscure like a VF-14 Vampire? Just have to wait and see!

I'm hoping for a VF-4. But, I'm guessing VF-19kai.

I myself would like to see a VF-17 before a VF-4, mainly because I've already built a VF-4! And the only VF-17 I've got is the Wave Battroid.

My guess will be the Macross 7 kits: VF-17, VF-19 Kai, and VF-19S, since they've already done Battroid kits of those, and may still have the license.

This is music to my ears!

The addition of Hikaru & Minmay figs might just make me buy the new kit... Although I'm not sure if they mean resin pilot figures or bigger ones to display alongside it.

Update from the HLJ product listing:

"This is the aircraft piloted by Hikaru Ichijo that saved Lynn Minmay. The cover art is by Hidetaka Tenjin; the kit includes plastic parts to connect the backpack to the Gerwalk, and resin figures of Hikaru and Minmay seated, plus a standing Minmay in her China dress! Decals are included for the Integrated Space Army unit VT-102."

Some highlights from the first in what is going to be a weekly series of Internet talk shows by the Macross Modellers consortium. (Surprisingly, it wasn't region blocked either :-)

We had over 1300 people tuning at at one point - a great start to this new Macross boom \(^o^)/

Not a lot in the way of news this time since it was an introductory episode, although they did show the colored VF-31 from Bandai's Mecha Collection series for the first time (the coloring hasn't yet been signed off on by Kawamori so is subject to change).

Also, that 1/20 scale VF-1 is gonna be huge!

Also, Jefuemon is a ninja :-p

post-9325-0-58349200-1456489237_thumb.jpegpost-9325-0-34251700-1456489251_thumb.jpegpost-9325-0-55094500-1456489262_thumb.jpegpost-9325-0-71397200-1456489272_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Tochiro