MW Member Poll: Are you planning to purchase the new Arcadia VF-0S?

microtree33

Are you planning to purchase the new Arcadia VF-0S?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to purchase the new Arcadia VF-0S?

• Yes and I have purchased one or more Arcadia VF-0X releases.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but I am unhappy with the pricing and/or the general direction of Arcadia.
    • Unsure, I will wait for the reviews and decide from there.
    • No, barring a steep discount or another game changer.
    • No.
    • No and I am less likely to purchase an Arcadia product in the future due to the pricing and/or general direction of Arcadia.
    • No. I would love to but I'm super-broke.

No, I'm rapidly running out of enthusiasm for arcadia products. Until now I've kept buying them thinking that this downward value spiral they're caught in was only temporary, hoping that the next release would be better but they just keep getting worse. No UN SPACY tampos on the legs? Seriously? Now they're just pissing in my milkshake.

Easy,

7. No and I am less likely to purchase an Arcadia product in the future due to the pricing and/or general direction of Arcadia.

They aren't getting another dime from me, too expensive, and the quality isn't there in my opinion, especially for the prices they charge. Maybe if down the line they smarten up and give us some fairly priced VF-1 repaints I'd grab a couple I want and am missing, but other then that they've lost my business.

This.

7. No and I am less likely to purchase an Arcadia product in the future due to the pricing and/or general direction of Arcadia.

I would like new valks of course, but I got the first version and can't be double dipping like that. Made an exception for the 0D, but Arcadia is pricing me out of their range.

I'm going to pass on the 0S. I don't have any more room for large valks. I just ordered a 0A last night from HLJ to ship with my Hi-Metal R GBP in private warehouse, and coupled with my 0D, I think two Macross Zero valks is enough for me. I have plenty of other valks with the Skull leader markings, and I like the minimalist paint scheme that mimics the metallic gray tones of a real fighter plane.

Lots of "no's" here in this thread. Very interesting....I got the Arcadia 19 as I didn't have one, and I got the 0D because it is unique and it's a cool delta wing two seater. No issues with either one of those, that being said I have transformed both of them maybe twice. No love for any othe Zero Valks at the current pricing structure from Arcadia until I don't see legs snapped off in the first few guys posts around here, not to mention the lack of tampo and ridiculously thin panel lines.

For me it's 1 and 4

I bought the VF-0D and the 0A and I can't say I'm pleased with them. To be honest, with arcadia's price I expected something better, initially I thought the 0D was a fluke for all its shortcomings but after buying the 0A I began to have serious doubt about having arcadia's future releases, so for me it's wait and see.

Edited by valkryenov

I would by the VF-0S if it Arcadia were to re-release the ghost with it. I saw that someone posted a picture that says the yamato ghost will fit but that it is much more tight and at it places a great deal of stress on the front conards. The VF-0S without the ghost is only going half way in my opinion. Plus you can buy a yamato VF-0S and Ghost bundle for 300 dollars and the bundled yamato version was said to have had a better run with no hanging gun or cracked shorlders. To me this one is two similar to the Yamato at twice the price. I may pass on this.

I would by the VF-0S if it Arcadia were to re-release the ghost with it. I saw that someone posted a picture that says the yamato ghost will fit but that it is much more tight and at it places a great deal of stress on the front conards. The VF-0S without the ghost is only going half way in my opinion. Plus you can buy a yamato VF-0S and Ghost bundle for 300 dollars and the bundled yamato version was said to have had a better run with no hanging gun or cracked shorlders. To me this one is two similar to the Yamato at twice the price. I may pass on this.

Yeah. That's probably true on the Yamato VF-0S/Ghost bundle. I got mine recently for 248 shipped. And all the locking tabs is not connecting. Even the legs to the backpack in fighter mode. And there's still some gaps from the intakes under the chest in fighter/gerwalk mode as well. The only mode that you can say that everything is in place is during Battroid mode. I know Arcadia is expensive but somehow every locking tabs and joints are tight enough to last for years, I believe. ;) Right now, let's hope that they will release the Ghost Booster again. But if not just like they did with the YF-19 Fold Booster, I'm just happy to have two of it for both of my Zero valks. Just looking forward to the Reactive Armor now.

Hey guys. First time poster here. Just got into Valk collecting pretty recently (did a lot of research here before diving into this slippy slope lol.)

My answer to this question is probably a mixture of 5 and 7.

I would like to own some Macross Zero Valkyries from Arcadia (that sexy vf-0d with the delta wing + blue color scheme), but I just can't bring myself to drop 300 bucks for one. I guess i'm more of a casual collector when it comes to Macross. So, unless there's pretty big discount sale going on for these valks (not likely), i'll just keep throwing my money to Bandai.

Voted 1 in the fixed poll.

Financially, things have worked out for me with Arcadia and Bandai. Previously, that wasn't the case, and I missed Yamato's hey-day and subsequent swan song. It also helps that I only buy one of each figure that interests me.

Chatting about Arcadia's new direction -- pricing and discount policies -- is interesting, and I think it stinks that more retail prices are looking like aftermarket prices. Anyway, I still look forward to what Arcadia is planning next and I hope they still have a license to pursue more VF-1 releases.

I voted 1, I will continue with the current Zero lineup. So far I have 2 of each of the Zero valks and plan on getting 2 of the 0S and possibly a couple sets of the reactive armor. Not sure if I will get multiples of the CF though, but will wait until the time comes to decide. Out of all of the Arcadia valk I own which is all of them, I have only opened 2 of them and never transformed them lol. I am low on space, but I had to open 1x YF-19 and 1x VF-0D.

I'm going to pass on the 0S. I don't have any more room for large valks. I just ordered a 0A last night from HLJ to ship with my Hi-Metal R GBP in private warehouse, and coupled with my 0D, I think two Macross Zero valks is enough for me. I have plenty of other valks with the Skull leader markings, and I like the minimalist paint scheme that mimics the metallic gray tones of a real fighter plane.

I just realized that I need to take this back -- not because I plan to buy one, but because I just realized that my last three valk purchases were all toys that I said I wasn't going to get but I ended up getting anyway after seeing people post pictures on the forum. In the past, I wasn't a fan of the YF-19 and didn't initially pre-order the Arcadia one. But their redesign slowly grew on me and I ended up pre-ordering. When the 0D was announced, I said "eh, I'll pass on that one". But after a while, I thought it was a unique look while retaining a lot of the classic valk elements that I like, and I ended up ordering one off of NY after it was released. With the 0A, I said to myself "I wasn't that big a fan of Macross Zero, so one Zero valk is enough. Besides, they are all basically just slight tweaks of the VF-1 design anyway". I passed on the preorders, but then I ended up ordering one the other day from HLJ to ship with my Hi-Metal R.

Revised my vote to number 1 since I can't vote twice for number 3. Hehehe. :lol:

Anyways, I'm all into it since I started buying the VF-0D. My original plan was just to get the VF-0S and repaint the yellow to red. But that leads to buying the Ghost Booster B in preparation for the 0S. But after I learned there will be a Reactive Armor release, I preordered VF-0A. So that the Ghost Booster B I have will go to the 0A and the Reactive Armor will go to the 0S. Then it made me want to buy another Ghost Booster for the 0S. And by looking at the online store, I ended up buying the Yamato Ghost Bundle set with VF-0S. In which I decided it's the one that I will paint later on than the Arcadia one. ^_^

And I guess that ends up my Macross Zero valks since I'm not a big fan of the enemy valks... unless it comes with white, red, and black scheme. ;)