MW Member Poll: Are you planning to purchase the new Arcadia VF-0S?

microtree33

Are you planning to purchase the new Arcadia VF-0S?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to purchase the new Arcadia VF-0S?

• Yes and I have purchased one or more Arcadia VF-0X releases.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but I am unhappy with the pricing and/or the general direction of Arcadia.
    • Unsure, I will wait for the reviews and decide from there.
    • No, barring a steep discount or another game changer.
    • No.
    • No and I am less likely to purchase an Arcadia product in the future due to the pricing and/or general direction of Arcadia.
    • No. I would love to but I'm super-broke.

With all the back and forth in the VF-0X thread and related threads I thought it would be interesting to get an anonymous (or public as you prefer) headcount on how many MW'ers are actually planning to plunk down the ~30,000+ Yen for Arcadia's upcoming 1/60 VF-0S. I hope the poll options allow a good range of expression and participation is good. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Additionally, if anyone knows how many regular active members Macross World has, that would also be helpful.

For me it is also 1+3

I'm not unhappy with the pricing per se (not too happy either but I do understand where the price is coming from) but rather the fact that Arcadia omitted major printings which should have been included. The missing clear parts in the wings are also a bummer. That in combination with several qc issues like the misaligned intake markings, the glued shut hip joints and parts not glued in correctly (turbine detail in the feet) lessens my enjoyment of the Arcadia toys somewhat.

Easy,

7. No and I am less likely to purchase an Arcadia product in the future due to the pricing and/or general direction of Arcadia.

They aren't getting another dime from me, too expensive, and the quality isn't there in my opinion, especially for the prices they charge. Maybe if down the line they smarten up and give us some fairly priced VF-1 repaints I'd grab a couple I want and am missing, but other then that they've lost my business.

7. After thinking about it, it's a no for me. I have gone through 3 Arcadia valkyries now and all of them have had some loose joints right out of the box. My first YF-19 had a glued in hip mechanism and the second YF-19 has an odd scar across the head and non-locking forearms. For close to $300 per valkyrie (new molds) I want a level of a quality worthy of the price. No more QC lottery for me. I'm done with Arcadia.

1 & 2.. Yes, buying two Zero-S and one of the reactive armor. And possibly another Zero-A..

Am I happy with the price? Yes and no. No as the quality to price ratio hasn't really changed since the first release. Yes they have fixed a lot of things but it got a lot more expensive.
But then other things haven't been fixed so well or not at all. At the end of the day there isn't much you can do about the price other than not pay it. But those like myself who want these things so badly will pay what they ask because it's an addiction we must fix. And waiting for them to pop up on the 2nd hand market isn't really an option either as the prices won't differ much if at all. Especially if they follow the pricing trend of almost every other Valkyrie toy. And those who paid the high asking price aren't going to be willing to let them go at a significant loss unless they are broken or defective but then who is going to want to but it like that?

Happy with the direction Arcadia is going? Well all I'm going to say is I'm happy we're getting anything at all from them! Then back to the question about pricing.. After Yamato died there could have potentially been darkness. So yes I'm happy with the pricing! Just keep releasing more Valks Arcadia!

Edited by spanner76

I go with the 1+3 option too.

But after the 0S im most likely not gonna get any thing else from them, the price makes it too expensive to collect them all and living in south america always have to add +50sh for EMS shipping. :S

Still on the fence with this one. Don't get me wrong the new Shin VF-0A & VF-0D I have are like a tank compared to the Yamato versions, that said for the current Arcadia price tag, lack of tampo because we're still not a 100% what the 0S will look like, no poseable hands like Bandai offers which I personally love for Gerwalk & Battroid modes, not sure I want to drop another $300.00 for a VF-0 I already have (floppy or no floppy).

I think I'll wait for the Cannon Fodder version to release and the new GHOST.

6 and 7 for me, as:

• I'm not in a good financial situation at the moment, so can't really afford expensive Valks.
  • The upcoming VF-2SS actually excites me much more, as it's the first time we've had that VF as a variable toy, so saving my pennies for that instead. Plus I like the VF-2SS design more than the VF-0S.
  • I was not impressed that much with the Arcadia YF-19 due to the loose ankles and wings and lack of tampo printing, panel lines and detailing.

Graham

Sort of a combination of 1 and 4 here, if that makes sense.. I bought two VF-0Ds, because I never expected that version to even exist. But despite the improvements over the Yamato version, I'm not all that impressed by it.

For all the structural improvements over the original design, it's still almost entirely the same structural design, so I can't honestly say it looks any better than the old ones. The original never looked bad to begin with.

The better durability is nice, I admit, and I wouldn't mind having the armor set eventually. But Arcadia's lack of attention to the obvious details like paint color and tampo are really not making me feel like I need one. And I'm quite irritated that they screwed up the compatibility with the existing ghost boosters.

To top it off, the problems people are having this time around aren't even materials or quality control issues.. they're design issues. Worse, they're things that never had problems before, but somehow the engineers have forgotten how to make things work well. All the scratched paint, all the borked up hip joints.. for all the issues the Yamato ones had, those were never a problem before. I feel like I shouldn't buy one just because it feels like rewarding shoddy design work.

Edited by Chronocidal

I have given up collecting. But if I was still collecting, I would be tempted to pick up a VF-0S but at the end my answer would still be:

7. No and I am less likely to purchase an Arcadia product in the future due to the pricing and/or general direction of Arcadia.

This is partly due to the Australian dollar weakening this year as well.

Also with history of QC issues on toys such as shoulder issues on the original VF-0, shoulder issues on the 1/60 VF-1 V2, Bandai VF-171 bad plastic, some white plastic more prone to yellowing easily like the first version VF-25F DX, you will get really ***** off more by spending US$300 as compared to US$150 toy.

Edited by Valk-1S