Nippon yassan customer service defective merchandise account cancelled

beatsing

Hi,

Sharing my experience with Nippon yassan.

Ive been collecting valks and since the bandai frontier valks have been scarce, i bought a few from this company. Prices are high, but you get the preorder. I think most on this forum know that. $200-300 for a frontier valk.

I also bought a figma guts band of the hawk from them back in april, and the griffith from the berserk cartoon. Guts leg came off the instant the clam shell was opened. Its a ball peg, so i popped it back on, but it kept coming off. It wont stand without the stand. Other figmas, like the griffith have really good joints. These cost about $80 each.

I opened a complaint ticket with ny. They said theyd contact the manufacturer for parts. They said it was an old item, and cant get replacements parts. Ny had the item in stock, a few left. But they didnt offer to exchange nor refund.

I asked for a partial refund. They ignored me, kept the ticket open.

Its been a few months, so i contacted paypal to open a dispute. Paypal suggested requesting a refund or partial refund. I requested $15. First thing ny emails me my order is cancelled. I try to login, account does not exist!?

It appears they cancelled my account over their defective merchandise and a request for partial refund of $15?! They havent responded, but that is pretty bad customer service.

What can i do?

Have others had this bad service?

At least it wasnt on the yf 29 or 25, which were more expensive.

Thanks

Sounds like NY solved your problem for you. If they've killed your account then you should pursue the Paypal claim, get your money back, and be done with NY. $15 seemed a pretty reasonable refund request. Buying out of print items is definitely dicier than newer stuff with all international retailers as, in my experience, what NY did here is about the most anyone does. "We checked, we can't get replacement parts, sorry." That was HLJ's response to me when the leg popped off my 0D and it was theoretically still in print. If you want to be super safe, buy from BBTS. You pay more but there customer service is the bees knees.

Did you try talking to their live staff? Make a new account maybe?

I've used them awhile and had no problems. Even got my Soul of Proplica Dominator fixed via their customer service, but that was because Bandai was able to fix it for me.

wow that sure as hell sucks.. I have used NY a LOT! and never ran into anything like that. I have cancelled orders with them on several occasions, got a replacement item and received a partial and full refund for a defective item. sorry this was no help to you but im yet to experience this level of phucktardery from them..

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Welcome any further comments.

It is a fair suggestion to ask for a full refund. I'm thinking I should ask for a full refund too. However, I expect NY would ask for the product to be returned, and the return shipping to Japan with tracking can be disproportionately expensive. I recently had to send back a batman to a competitor, and although the figure was $80, the return shipping was $180! They refunded me the purchase and return shipping, since they did not have a replacement. Since NY did not offer an exchange or refund, I wouldn't want to pay more if they pushed for the return.

And you're right, I'm not dealing with them after this. I only bought from them since it was hard to buy those frontier valks, and their prices were scalper like.

I've had defective merchandise from BBTS, Amiami, etc, but never had my account closed nor ignored. Really disappointed in NY.

Any Paypal dispute with a Japanese online retailer are likely to lead to account termination.

Wow, do you know that for a fact? Cause it's news for me.

Maybe you can elaborate more or some other members who know this for a fact can share their experience.

I feel bad about brother beatsing, cause NY has been good for me. Hope you'll fine a solution, soon.