Help: Green 171ex

Gundam@EFSF

recently there are lot of vf171 CF in HK stores, some off them offer open to check. If I checked there is no problem on the NUNS triangle, does it means there is no QC issue and I can grab with peace of mind? thanks.

like other have said, the quality of the plastic use on those triangles just means it's a matter of when it's going to crack.

recently there are lot of vf171 CF in HK stores, some off them offer open to check. If I checked there is no problem on the NUNS triangle, does it means there is no QC issue and I can grab with peace of mind? thanks.

I had an extra cf MIB that looked just fine, then guess what? The moment I tried to transform it, it literally crumbled in my hands.

So you can't be too sure about the CF.To buy it means accepting the fact that it will self-destruct or be prepared to buy replacement parts on shapeways (you should vector the price in buying the unit, to see if the discount offset the price of replacement parts)

Edited by valkryenov

If you can get it cheap then probably you can consider getting it. I had 6 of them. One only had an issue right from the beginning where the leg broke and the NUNs triangle and little triangle broke. The rest was inspected without transforming and showed no issues. Then a few months later when I checked, two more showed cracks either at the NUNs or little triangle. Sold those two off at a loss. About a year later, checked again, cracks starting to show on one of them on the NUNs. Will be selling those off as well at a loss.

That's also a thought, if its cheap and you want to keep it in fighter mode, then it's okay for the sake of adding the number of your collection. But if you are tight on budget you might want to consider something else.

Edited by valkryenov

Beside the triangles, there is also problem with the leg joints. See this post.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37652&p=1187607

I bought two CF 171. Only opened one and it got the exact problem. The triangles were ok but the plastic inside the leg joint on the left leg shattered the very first time I turned it. The right leg is ok though.

I agree with valkryenov. If you can get one really cheap, I think it is worth it to keep it in fighter mode (which is what my 171 is permanently :angry: ). I dare not even open my second 171.

Good luck Gundam@EFSF bro.