Macross Elysium Motion Comic

Falconkpd

I said I would post this on the 25th, but the prospect of outside influences have prompted me to post it early. I present to you all, the first look at the motion comic of Macross Elysium; The Kinetic Edition. This will be my first motion comic adaptation of Elysium, and I certainly hope it won't be the last. I've linked the trailer here for all to see:

tumblr_nuqhxxWJHT1sn809zo1_1280.jpg

Check out the comic thread as well!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41966

For More news on Macross Elysium, follow me on Patreon.com! Every pledge counts, and every penny goes toward the creation of Macross Elysium!

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=956470&ty=h

EDIT: It's here! It's complete! I'm going to bed to sleep now! :DDDD *dies*

Edited by Falconkpd

Dude, you're an absolute bad-ass!

Frist time I've been called that, for sure...Thanks!

Wow, that was a well made trailer. Really good editing, sequencing and use of music dramaticly timed to the images. The way you made the trailer feels very professional, very marketable. Well done on that.

Thank you! There are a few rough spots which didn't render out well that I honestly didn't catch until uploading, but I'm proud of it overall!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright! Finally remembered to watch.

I'm seriously impressed! I don't often compliment, but your work definitely deserves it!

The story is chock full of references to other series, including M-II. Sound editing was superb, especially for a homebrew project such as yours. Looking forward to any more content you can generate!

Alright! Finally remembered to watch.

I'm seriously impressed! I don't often compliment, but your work definitely deserves it!

The story is chock full of references to other series, including M-II. Sound editing was superb, especially for a homebrew project such as yours. Looking forward to any more content you can generate!

Wow! Thanks for the kind feedback, man. I'm happy to let you know that I'm currently working on chapter 4 of Elysium. I hope to have it out by Christmas. Until then, I'll be putting up little pics here and there.

This is awesome. My only complaint, which is trivial, is that folks in the military, especially during wartime, generally don't let the deaths of colleagues ruin their lives. Everybody knows what they have all signed up for (not to say they're not sad or anything, but they are trained to reach acceptance). I'm guessing you're planning on developing why this character is so bent up about the death of the other character though so I'll just sit back and hope for more installments.

This is awesome. My only complaint, which is trivial, is that folks in the military, especially during wartime, generally don't let the deaths of colleagues ruin their lives. Everybody knows what they have all signed up for (not to say they're not sad or anything, but they are trained to reach acceptance). I'm guessing you're planning on developing why this character is so bent up about the death of the other character though so I'll just sit back and hope for more installments.

Thanks for the kind words! As far as the psychological thing goes, there's a reason officers aren't allowed to officially date one another (not that it stopped Hikaru and Misa...).

Wow! Thanks for the kind feedback, man. I'm happy to let you know that I'm currently working on chapter 4 of Elysium. I hope to have it out by Christmas. Until then, I'll be putting up little pics here and there.

Can't wait, this is one of my favorite things to have appeared on this site.

Your comic was so good, it brought out of the shadows to make my first post. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next.Thanks for sharing.

Can't wait, this is one of my favorite things to have appeared on this site.

Well that makes sense as it is and I think there's a strong enough suggestion that that's the case from what you got so consider that critical comment retracted. Great start.

I wouldn't be able to do any of this without your support. I love you guys!

I wanted to respectfully point out that this character trope is starting to become overused, in my opinion. Admittedly, I am guilty of using the same in my fan fiction. It seems like all main characters have to come with emotional baggage, as it helps the reader feel a bit of sympathy. It makes the MC's accomplishments seem that much more impactful.

Not trying to criticize or tell you how to write your story. Just suggesting that it might be worth considering to downplay the emotional angle in the future. I'm just one reader, though. My opinion does not reflect everyone else's.

Also, if you plan on continuing the motion comic, I had a comment to make about the voice acting, which was, for the most part, superb. I get turned away by actors who make their voices artificially gruffy and macho to fill some kind of character type. Again, it's probably just me that it bothers, but something else to consider.

Looking forward to more!

I wanted to respectfully point out that this character trope is starting to become overused, in my opinion. Admittedly, I am guilty of using the same in my fan fiction. It seems like all main characters have to come with emotional baggage, as it helps the reader feel a bit of sympathy. It makes the MC's accomplishments seem that much more impactful.

Not trying to criticize or tell you how to write your story. Just suggesting that it might be worth considering to downplay the emotional angle in the future. I'm just one reader, though. My opinion does not reflect everyone else's.

Also, if you plan on continuing the motion comic, I had a comment to make about the voice acting, which was, for the most part, superb. I get turned away by actors who make their voices artificially gruffy and macho to fill some kind of character type. Again, it's probably just me that it bothers, but something else to consider.

Looking forward to more!

Hey man, we all have our own opinions on these things! I'm glad to have you watching regardless. I hope you'll keep watching in the future.

You know, I watched this on a plane without sound and it was still excellent.

30,000 feet is a great place to watch Macross stuff! Thanks!

Oh, I wasn't trying to be critical. I was just trying to start a discussion on the subject.

Oh I gotcha. I honestly don't mind it given something comes of it. Being mopey just to be mopey does nothing for the plot. If the character evolves over the course of the story to overcome it or what have you, then I feel like it can really add to a story.

Maybe I've just become sensitive to the subject because I'm tired of seeing the same tropes in every anime that comes out nowadays. Take, for example, The Asterisk War. Beautifully animated, but the story is pretty typical, and every major trope you can think of has been mentioned by reviewers.

I haven't been able to find any good series to get excited about since Aldnoah Zero. And even that had a really overused trope: the overpowered MC.

Maybe I've just become sensitive to the subject because I'm tired of seeing the same tropes in every anime that comes out nowadays. Take, for example, The Asterisk War. Beautifully animated, but the story is pretty typical, and every major trope you can think of has been mentioned by reviewers.

I haven't been able to find any good series to get excited about since Aldnoah Zero. And even that had a really overused trope: the overpowered MC.

Honestly, I haven't seen too much modern anime to compare. The most recent thing I've been into is probably Tiger and Bunny (besides Macross, of course) and Monster Musume, but that's a different ball park altogether. You should really check out Tiger and Bunny though, it's a great action-comedy series with amazing characters.

• 1 month later...