RC-4E Rabbit Interest Thread

neptunesurvey

Gauging interest for either 1/72 or 1/60. We need at least 25 takers per scale to green light the project (on either scale). The kit will come in white resin and some clear parts. The inside will be fully detailed and the shuttle has a removable top half for display purposes. It will also come with 4 figures. One male and one female in sitting position and one male and one female in standing position. You'll be able to see the cockpit and passenger cabin in detail. Please only put your name down if interested so we can have an accurate count.

The price will be:
1/60:
$190 kit only
$350 painted kit
f*** l**
wmkpua
ratatarse
major tom
jvmacross
jasonc
Loop
Murphy

C******** V****

1/72:
$175 kit only
$330 painted kit
J** J******
M*** R***
M*** R***
aparker299
valkyrie
grayson
p***** p***
cool8or
ahiachris
heavy melder (?)
ichijo
jardann
bolt
sbantonelli

dachande

1/48
$???
vincemoto7
heavy melder

basic paint scheme only

post-1196-0-65524600-1441581910_thumb.jpg post-1196-0-24976400-1441581922_thumb.jpg post-1196-0-77857700-1441581934_thumb.jpg

Yeah I agree Xigfrid, this thing looks awesome but I don't build or paint. I would prefer a painted one but that is a bit pricey for me atm.

Neptune, do you have completed one yet? I would love to see one next to a VF-1. I am guessing those are CG pics.

hrmmmm just checked out the line art and forgive me, but it looks much to squared off. Needs rounder, softer lines to it.

I think it's just the lighting on the render but I rounded off every corner according to the line art...

post-151-0-59779400-1441735831_thumb.pngpost-151-0-82579900-1441735850_thumb.png

Neptune, do you have completed one yet? I would love to see one next to a VF-1. I am guessing those are CG pics.

All we have right now is this comparison...

post-151-0-25843500-1441736017_thumb.png

I think it's just the lighting on the render but I rounded off every corner according to the line art...

attachicon.gifrabbit interior 5.PNGattachicon.gifrounded.PNG

All we have right now is this comparison...

attachicon.gifscale 1.PNG

No EXO that's not what I meant. True, sharp squared corners, I mean the flat surfaces are too flat I guess is the best way to put it.

In these line images;

http://macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/rabbit/rabbit-lineart.gif

and here;

http://macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/rabbit/rabbit.gif

The Door on the side is the give away. Notice how it isn't a straight line in either image (more pronounced in the colour image)? It's curved, as it follows the contours of the fuselage. It isn't a huge curve, but it is there and noticeable.

I will say the detailing looks pretty good tho.

Ah... I see what you mean now. That's a pretty good point. That's always been a struggle when interpreting line art. Is that line suppose to be straight or is that just the way they drew the line in free hand. Meaning the hand does a pivot when drawing lines. I actually did a version where the side of the shuttle was "bubbled" or had a slight curve. I wish I would have saved those versions if I knew this was going to come up. But looking at some other ships or drawings in the books and how they were interpreted as toys and models in the past, looking at other sources such as animation, and basically just going for what will look good best at the end, I decided to go with the straight sides. There's also some other things that had to be redone, such as should the edges of the door and windows be smooth or sharp? Believe or not, they made such a huge difference... Having the sharp angles on the doors made it look so boring and then having both the body and the doors have rounded edges made it look like an RV.

Here's some shots from the anime that helped me decide which way to go. Oh... and also, these shots made me want to add paneling, but there wasn't enough information for me to do it.

post-151-0-50852300-1441748609_thumb.png post-151-0-70812300-1441748615_thumb.png post-151-0-25562000-1441748622_thumb.png post-151-0-34981700-1441748628_thumb.png

I like this every much, but will have to pass. Too steep for me for such a small, but awesome thing. I will try and recreate it on my own the old-school way, when I have the time.

I would be interested in ordering 1/72 pilots & figures if you decide to get into that racket. Sounds like Studio Star Forge is on hiatus.

Interested in 1/72 unpainted.

I'm glad someone is finally taking on this project. I do have a bit of concern for the dimensions. I assumed with room for what looks like up to 8 passengers and some small cargo stowage that it would be considerably larger than a Valkyrie. I guess the boxy shape gives more usable interior space?

Never really sure how I feel about this design. Love it because it is Macross and has a utilitarian look to it. Obviously made for a specific purpose, and looks more realistically designed for space operations. However, it is not the most charismatic design.

Interested in 1/72 unpainted.

I'm glad someone is finally taking on this project. I do have a bit of concern for the dimensions. I assumed with room for what looks like up to 8 passengers and some small cargo stowage that it would be considerably larger than a Valkyrie. I guess the boxy shape gives more usable interior space?

Never really sure how I feel about this design. Love it because it is Macross and has a utilitarian look to it. Obviously made for a specific purpose, and looks more realistically designed for space operations. However, it is not the most charismatic design.

Hi Jardann...

You're right. I think I placed the 1/72 Rabbit next to the 1/60 scaled valkyrie. The Rabbit and the Valkyrie are actually the same in length according to Macross Mecha Manual but after adjusting for all the seat placements and figure height the rabbit is actually bigger by an inch in 1/72 scale. So this will actually a bigger model kit than shown, but staying at the already modeled 8.5 inches (21.5cm).

Too bad about the 1/60 scale. Maybe it will be revisited at a later time and garner more interest.

We'll keep the list open since the 3D model is already built. We just need the numbers to make thd minimum to make the masters. I'll see if anyone at MWCon will want to sign up for it. See you there Murphy, right?

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to see this at MWcon in 1/72. It's the correct scale and all, but 1/60 would fit this much better with the attention that can be put into the detail. I wanna light up a 1/60 if these can get made.