Hasegawa announces a TV SDF-1 and a Super Messiah!

cool8or

Thanks for pointing out.

BTW, there are 2 SDF-1s at the Hasegawa booth at All Japan Model and Hobby Show yesterday.

One of them were modified by a famous Japanese plamodeller, DorobouHige and decorative illumination was equiped in it.

I will edit the videos I shot. It shows its small lights are blinking.There are some pics uploaded on the Net, but those do not show the gimmick.

Please look forward to it.

You're welcome antibiotictab. And thanks also on the youtube link. Cool gimmick on the SDF-1. Wish I could do something like that. :wub:

Does that image of the SDF-1 that says 10/20 mean the hasegawa kit is coming out on Oct. 20?

I'm trying to decide when to hit 'send' on my HLJ Private Warehouse. 10/20 is a couple weeks after i need to ship.

Yes sir! It's coming out on the 20th of October. But I assumed the 20th is the online retail and the 23rd is the store release date. Though I'm not 100% sure since I can't read too much kanji now. But it's safe to assumed that it's going to be available by then. ;)

You're welcome antibiotictab. And thanks also on the youtube link. Cool gimmick on the SDF-1. Wish I could do something like that. :wub:

Yes sir! It's coming out on the 20th of October. But I assumed the 20th is the online retail and the 23rd is the store release date. Though I'm not 100% sure since I can't read too much kanji now. But it's safe to assumed that it's going to be available by then. ;)

Thanks! Guess that will be in my NEXT shipment. Who knows. maybe they'll fix it so I don't have to.

Edited by lavinrac

The conversion kit might cost more than the Hasegawa kit itself because it's all the major parts of the ship. Body, legs and the main gun... I'm really shocked Hasegawa did this. I think Arcadia or Yamato brought up this option also after they did their movie version.

attachicon.gif65830_7.jpg attachicon.gif65830_9.jpg attachicon.gif65830_8.jpg attachicon.gif65830_6.jpg attachicon.gif65830_5.jpg attachicon.gif65830_4.jpg attachicon.gif65830_3.jpg attachicon.gif65830_2.jpg attachicon.gif65830_1re.jpg

looking at these pics, i realize something... the ship is slightly to short overall, cannon is missing the iconic curve, cannon is not quite massive enough...

wth.. is it with that intake/duct combining bow with main body....legs need more length and too thick at front...

Prometheus almost there... Daedalus closest part to what SDFM equivalent should be...

also bridge although bigger than DYRL version... still not quite there...

by all means my own TV SDF-1 build is not perfect and has details never before seen on any DYRL or SDFM SDF-1 kits...

thats just what i like...

if i had the time or knowhow i would consider making a mould of my SDF-1 and sell the kits here...

As I was going through your build Nyankodevice I kept thinking, "that would make a GREAT resin kit!" You SHOULD do it! Not just because of people's issues with Hasegawa's kit, but the size and detail are in a completely better class. This way your work goes double - for yourself AND fellow fans. - MT

looking at these pics, i realize something... the ship is slightly to short overall, cannon is missing the iconic curve, cannon is not quite massive enough...

wth.. is it with that intake/duct combining bow with main body....legs need more length and too thick at front...

Prometheus almost there... Daedalus closest part to what SDFM equivalent should be...

also bridge although bigger than DYRL version... still not quite there...

by all means my own TV SDF-1 build is not perfect and has details never before seen on any DYRL or SDFM SDF-1 kits...

thats just what i like...

if i had the time or knowhow i would consider making a mould of my SDF-1 and sell the kits here...

Holy Christ Chex, I would KILL for a copy of your SDF-1. It would be $2000+ but totally worth it. It's the most amazing rendition of the SDFM SDF-1 I've seen.

They used the same mold for the DYRL version on the front of the ship. So it doesn't have the curve on the bottom. on a side note, has anyone built the DYRL version in storm attacker mode? When I was putting that together it seemed like you could modify the kit into that mode.

They used the same mold for the DYRL version on the front of the ship. So it doesn't have the curve on the bottom. on a side note, has anyone built the DYRL version in storm attacker mode? When I was putting that together it seemed like you could modify the kit into that mode.

Care to share some pics or insights about this. I'm interested to see what kind of modding we can do on the main turrets. Thanks! ;)

Here is a scan of page 3 from the 1:4000 scale SDF-1 Macross Movie Edition from Hasagawa Hobby Kits. I deleted some of the information from the page to only show what pretains to this.

Steps 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 are the assembly of the "main gun."

The top pieces are single part and would have to be cut in half, but the lower parts in this kit were not. splitting the main gun is the primary thing to be done for making the Storm Attacker mode. After that is figuring out how the parts go together. the poly-cap spruce included with the kit included far more parts then need for the kit. also the stand also included a part that was not needed.

On the new kit, it looks like they changed out the front part from step 2 and 3 to match the TV version, the parts from steps 4, 5, and 6 do not match. It is more then just the cut out from the bottom that is wrong.

cut out part is step 4,

part from 5 and 6 is also wrong.

the good news, the back of the book include hi-resolution painting/decal guide showing all of the parts in scale with each other. (slightly off scale to the model itself, which is actually 1/4500 scale)

Looking at your pictures of the model, the bar the legs are on is straight where the bar for the movie edition had an angle in it. they must have changed the rear center thruster to do that.

Not entirely sure but It might not 100% be the same leg as the DYRL version. I noticed they painted the yellow stripe at the base, I expect panel lines there to show where to paint, which are not present on the DYRL version.

post-29891-0-91378700-1445344111_thumb.png

Edited by Firesped

Thanks for that Firesped. I also check the manual and yes, we have to cut the main gun in half. Would nice to do it, but I'm not that good in modding. Hehehe. :lol:

By the way, HLJ just emailed me payment request for the SDF-1 TV version. Looks like it's going to be release late October. Thought it's going to be November.