Overspray and Airbrush safety

DuffCon

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I've recently begun playing with airbrushing acrylics. Right now, my work area is nearby my Valk Display (within about 4 feet) now I have done several painting sessions and haven't noticed an issue with overspray but i'm worried about getting paint on them. I've been looking at investing in a airbrush booth, but am wondering if this is necessary or am I just being paranoid? Further, those of you with booths, have you had issues with overspray?

I use a completely different room so that isn't an issue, having said that if I did spray near where my displays were I would certainly get a booth or make my own extraction system (this isn't that hard really. Google it there are a ton of references on how to build your own spray booth/extraction system at a reasonable price compared to the smallish booths you can buy from say hobbylink Japan).

I usually spray outside and bring my stuff in to dry. Durring inclament weather I paint in the garage and let things cure in a closet.

Spray booths can be easily built too if you have basic skills. I even used three PC fans blowing out a dryer vent once.

Hope that helps!-MT

At about 4 feet, you'll be getting dust particles on your other models. The paint will be dried by the time it hits them, but they will get lightly dusted. Still a pain in the arse, though. You probably won't notice any difference at first, but over time they'll start looking dirty and not nice and fresh. I'd cover the other models with a rag or towel or something to be safe - even with a spray booth.