Making some of the lesser known vehicles from SDFM

SpacePirateNeko

Which Macross Model would you have interest in  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Model and Scale would you have an interest in?

• Ambulance 1/72
    • Ambulance 1/48
    • BoomLift 1/72
    • BoomLift 1/48
    • GNXM3002 1/72
    • GNXM3002 1/48
    • M299 1/72
    • M299 1/48

I plan to start putting together a kit on some of the really cool little vehicles you dont find very often. I would like to make them all but right now i just want to see which one people would have the most interest in first and thats the one i will start work on.

Type of material, scale , price etc is still up in the air at this point but this is strictly a "what would you like to see out of this set"

Just SDFM for now

I am personally caught between ambulance and GNXM at this point.

post-568-0-54238500-1439460032.jpg

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

ambulance.

the other vehicles have been done previously.

but if you're willing to go a bit bigger:

rabbit-lineart.gif

Very down for this..but i wanna do simpler things first

can someone list vehicles which havnt been done yet? From an art perspective i like to do things no one has really done before.

Our friend Jason, aka TundraYeti alread make a lot of grounf vehicles, maybe he can make another run, i already have it but some friends overhere on Brazil wanna buy it too.

do you have a link to some images? were they very detailed? I could always make larger scaled or more detailed versions if they are not being made anymore

Whilst some of the vehicles have been done, they are not currently available. Jason is busy / unreachable and some of his clients are still waiting over a year to receive their items.

It may be worthwhile for SpacePirateNeko to redo some of the vehicles if they can be improved upon. Anywho, here is a link to my sales thread of Jason's ground vehicles which in turn link to his WIP threads.

Whilst some of the vehicles have been done, they are not currently available. Jason is busy / unreachable and some of his clients are still waiting over a year to receive their items.

It may be worthwhile for SpacePirateNeko to redo some of the vehicles if they can be improved upon. Anywho, here is a link to my sales thread of Jason's ground vehicles which in turn link to his WIP threads.

Cool thanks, some of those looked nice, i'd likely add more detail. Right now the ambulance and boomlift are tied....anyone have any more obscure vehicles or parts they are interested in please post em. I only used what i could find at the macross mech manual website. I will also be doing this in house to keep pricing lower.

The first thing i put out before the vehicles will be The Bridge Captains Chair, i havnt decided on scale yet.

Are you drawing these in 3D or hand sculpting? If you do virtual, they can easily be scaled. I would be interested in some, but in 1/350th (I know there's other out there too). - MT

"can someone list vehicles which havnt been done yet? From an art perspective i like to do things no one has really done before." As you wish SpacePirate !

Sem%20tiacutetulo.jpg

Now my two cents to the conversation: maybe you SpacePirate can buy the master from Jason and release an new bath of models with improvement, what you think ? Almost everything's ready to produce, just an idea !

Edited by Spitfire_BR

"can someone list vehicles which havnt been done yet? From an art perspective i like to do things no one has really done before." As you wish SpacePirate !

Sem%20tiacutetulo.jpg

Now my two cents to the conversation: maybe you SpacePirate can buy the master from Jason and release an new bath of models with improvement, what you think ? Almost everything's ready to produce, just an idea !

I am artist...i do art, not take other peoples builds =p

I think i am going to make most items in 1/48 to go next to those nice juicy hasegawas. I will look through perfect memory and make some items no one has made yet.

Thanks for the list

I am artist...i do art, not take other peoples builds =p

I think i am going to make most items in 1/48 to go next to those nice juicy hasegawas. I will look through perfect memory and make some items no one has made yet.

Thanks for the list

Nice point, SpacePirate, if i can suggest something really new there's the Stargoose spaceshuttle with the booster, one os the most exciting designs i ever see on Macross. This one always make my heart smiles !

stargoose-lineart.gif

Nice point, SpacePirate, if i can suggest something really new there's the Stargoose spaceshuttle with the booster, one os the most exciting designs i ever see on Macross. This one always make my heart smiles !

stargoose-lineart.gif

yea i want to move on to larger designs later but i am going to start slow since i still have to work on other larger projects like this eventually. If i do this it will be in 1/72 or higher and have an interior..so i wanna start slow...now that little stair truck there..THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...=D

I think thats a good one to start with.

stargoose-lineart.gif

Always loved this shuttle! If you make this in 1/60 then count me in for one! With booster of course! :D

Haha! Ya that stair truck is way cool.

It's obviously for the shuttle, so wouldn't it terminate too high for anything else?

The passenger entrance to the shuttle sits a bit higher than a VF cockpit..

Edited by Bolt

I'll selfishly vote for 1/72 mister Area 88

That may end up being the case, i sized it to 1/48...it would end up a little over 2 feet. Thats not impossible but it would have to be split really smart, so yea i will prob stick to 1/72 for these "for now". The exception being the pitite cola which i may do at 1/12

nice to see you guys get excitec with the StarGoose, it's a amazing design and could be done in parts, like first the shuttle and later the boosters, to cheap the project - or with the stair truck firts ! Feel free to start slow, just keeping the models coming ! And i'm in for a 1/72 stair truck, please !

Ok so my current order of things for the next few months will be..

Petite Cola - this ones ready, i should have the prototype by mid next week

Macross Captains Chair - also ready and will have a prototype soon after the Petite Cola

Stair truck - I will start next week

Whatever wins this vote - looks to be 1/72 ambulance at this point but depending how the first 3 items go i may jump to the stargoose instead

• 2 weeks later...