1/72 hasegawa vf-19 25th anniversary help needed

batcode

hi all recently won 2 of these on ebay cheap and im stuck on the paint charts a it gives gsi colours(mr hobby) . I have most of them but I can not find 163marine blue micro anywhere??? ive looked at mr hobby site and not very helpful even looked at places like hlj and lucky model..

so if anyone knows where/ what colour this is be great......

hi nzeod its the hasegawa vf-19 25th anniversary kit, the scheme is all one colour and has it listed as 169????? did try match but not very well as it seem to be a very dark blue !!!!! I do have vf-1 also as believe they only did these two on the special edition but that one seems to be a metallic blue??

strange how different company's do the same subjects but in different colours lol...

lucky I managed to get both hasegawa kits and some other macros bits on ebay cheap and even better were in the uk!!!!!... I just need the vf-19 colour as its a strange one

Its hard to compare colors on a computer screen but the metallic blue in the color chart I posted looks similar to their mica blue. The metallic also comes in the paint jars too. You can always test the colors on a scrap model or plastic to get a feel.

The YF-19 and VF-1S models are readily available, its only the 25th anniversary decal that is somewhat harder to come by. None of the Hasegawa models have become collectors items though a few Macross Zero models were selling for higher prices a couple of years ago. If you're not satisfied with the paint before the decaling stage you could either strip the paint or obtain another YF-19 model to use the decals on.

I did pick up the metallic blue just the other day and is bit to light, but Vallejo now do a metallic medium that you can add to most paints to get the metallic look so may try that route if have to ,,, a pain but all part of the fun I spose lol.... I did pick up a nice dark metallic purple so may use that instead as don't have to be exact. but not sure if to do it wheels down or inflight flying straight up????

thanks for the help model-junkie.