Arcadia 1/24 Scale Garland

Loop

1-24_Garland_zpshjh0bphq.jpg

Thought this should probably have it's own thread. It was originally reported in the Megazone 23 thread, but it seemed like it would be harder to track updates and to keep the topic specifically about the incoming Arcadia toy.

I will get this if it looks like it will be better than the past attempts I have seen. The one thing that scared me off of these toys in the past is how the wheels are supported when in Maneuver slave mode. Hopefully they find a way to make it sturdy and durable in that mode. I do love the fact that T-rex was involved in making this.

Edited by Loop

I Agree on the big scale of the old toy, but it was too fragile for me to even pursue. I was not collecting when the Yamato was originally released but saw some pics. Luckily it was well documented and reviewed by the time I found it.

I found these measurements online so I can't swear by them:

Dimensions: maneuver slave mode: overall height 3.85 meters; maneuver craft mode: overall height 0.94 meters, overall length 3.96 meters, overall width 1.35 meters

You can do the math from there to calculate how big any toy should be in whatever scale you like and it ought to get you pretty close.

Thanks Jenius and Exo. So 1/24 is kinda small. Hmmm... have to wait now what scale is the one that's coming from Fewture. I kinda like the 1/15 scale so that it will be displayed better with the 1/60 Valks. ;)

Looking forward to this one, especially considering that it will be in scale with the 1/24 Ingrams and command car.

I'm a bit disappointed Arcadia didn't keep up with the 1/15 scale though, as it could have meant they were willing to reboot their Aramaki bike designs line which stopped halfway after the Garland and Knight Sabers and skipped the Mospeada and Viper's Creed variable motorbikes

I've only seen Megazone 23 once, and quite honestly, I vaguely remember it. I do like the Garland designs, though, so I hope this turns out better than the Yamato, which I never got. From all the criticisms I've read, probably a good thing. The Yamato guys who stayed with Arcadia have gained quite a bit more experience since then, and hopefully it'll be fully evident with this design. I hope so, b/c I'd like to have one. The Proto-Garland even more.

I also hope they'll revisit the Moto-Slave, as I love how it looks. I also passed on Yamato's version.

I guess I'm a rare breed, as I require no attachment to a series or movie to like and purchase mecha toys if I like the designs. To me, a cool toy has its own value apart from the media.

So has anyone here actually seen the anime? these have always been cool mecha but i don't like spending money on stuff i don't have that much attachment to. 1/24 toys of Patlabor, Megazone, Votoms would be cool. inter universe play is nice.

It's one of my favorite 80's OVAS. I'd buy all the transformable bikes from Megazone 23.

• 4 weeks later...