Megahouse TV Ver. SDF-1

wmkjr

Wow, that was probably the most relaxed AmiAmi order I've seen in years... guess demand isn't that high? The 20% discount convinced me though.

Haven't felt the need for a huge SDF-1, so having a little one on a stand should be nice. It'll be out of scale, I think, but at this size it'll fit nicely alongside some of my Star Trek kits.

Edited by Chronocidal

Wow, that was probably the most relaxed AmiAmi order I've seen in years... guess demand isn't that high? The 20% discount convinced me though.

Haven't felt the need for a huge SDF-1, so having a little one on a stand should be nice. It'll be out of scale, I think, but at this size it'll fit nicely alongside some of my Star Trek kits.

well its not a bandai product....

The Wave SDF-1 is only a little larger at 24cm (1/5000) but it was around $120USD IIRC. The Megahouse version is looking to be around $50. And, it's the TV version. Not bad IMO.

Assuming the TV and DYRL versions are exactly the same size at the same scale then at 20cm this is looking to be a 1/6000 scale ship. Anybody want to check me and confirm?

Edited by sharky

Seriously, would it have killed them to go to 1/5000 scale to at least match the Wave DYRL version. We're only talking around 4cm longer. It wouldn't have affected the price that much.

But, honestly, I remember having the Wave 1/5000 on display in my Detolf. It was decently sized. I was always happy with it, but I sold it when I got the Yamato.

It's not a holy grail sdf-1, but it seems nice and worth having in a Macross collection. It's not huge, but I dont feel it's too small either.

Edited by sharky

The Wave SDF-1 is only a little larger at 24cm (1/5000) but it was around $120USD IIRC. The Megahouse version is looking to be around $50. And, it's the TV version. Not bad IMO.

Assuming the TV and DYRL versions are exactly the same size at the same scale then at 20cm this is looking to be a 1/6000 scale ship. Anybody want to check me and confirm?

According to the Macross Mecha Manual site, SDF and DYRL versions are the same size, so you are correct in that it would be a 1/6000 scale. In terms of pricing though, I would gladly pay $120 if it transformed the way the Wave does. Judging by the pics of the bridge/torso, the Megahouse looks like it completely disassembles from one form to the next. You can see where the arms (square slots) and legs (circular slots) peg into. Still pre-ordered it though. :)

H6IxoU2.jpg

When was the last time there was this much Macross goodies available for purchase or soon to be available? It's just the prequel to The Year of Macross!!! :)

The Year of the Empty Wallet and Maxed Credit!

giphy.gif

Edit: Changed it. I like this one more.

Edited by wmkjr

^This.

FINALLY, a Goddamned T.V. SDF-1!! :rolleyes:

OK, every time I go thought the process to order one on HLJ I get to the end and everything is fine. Than I complete the order and its not in my Account/ open orders. is any one else having trouble?

OK, every time I go thought the process to order one on HLJ I get to the end and everything is fine. Than I complete the order and its not in my Account/ open orders. is any one else having trouble?

HLJ's not instantaneous synch.

Just try to log out and log back in to see if it refreshes your accts-page.

If it's what I'm thinking, there's one more screen you have to go through to commit the order. So it's like this:

1. Select the item
  2. Checkout
  3. Log in to account as part of checkout process
  4. Confirm PW or not
  5. Select shipping method
  6. Select billing method
  7. Confirm details

Maybe not in that order but that's my recollection.

EDIT:
I see you said your account - yep it does this to me too. As advised, wait a few minutes and it should show up. Are you at least getting a confirmation email?

Edited by mickyg

This man is correct, I guess I was just too eager for a TV SDF-1. :) Now off to cancel the extra orders.

HLJ's not instantaneous synch.

Just try to log out and log back in to see if it refreshes your accts-page.

Thanks.

Unless we hear something soon from Arcadia I have to agree....

I would think Bandai wouldn't announce it anytime soon as that would just cannibalize sales of the Megahouse and their 1/1800 future grail...

You know, on this account Bandai may be using their Megahouse line to test the waters for the demand for an SDFM version then?

This is happening to me too.

It's too bad that the railguns on the shoulders only look like they rotate instead of having up/down hinging as well.

Edited by Mommar