Megahouse TV Ver. SDF-1

wmkjr

So I accidentally had mine shipped via SAL from hlj. Looks like most of the people in the US have received theirs from hlj.

I have a feeling some MF stole the shipping box from off my doorstep today (no tracking to know for sure). Postal carriers are so effing lazy now that they don't even knock, they just put boxes down and run.

Anyways, I was home working upstairs and I swear I heard my glass outer door open, my dogs were barking like crazy. I hurried downstairs and no postal carrier or anything, just a blacked-out car making a lot of noise as it drove away.

If so, that'd be $70 down the drain simply due to lazy USPS and SAL.

Can't wait to move in a year. Will definitely have security cameras in my next place.

At least EMS makes you sign for it.

damn bro that sucks, but didnt the USPS gives an internal, temporal tracking number for control? in my country they do it, when the package arrives they give an internal tracking, i can read it from the box. Check it out in the USPS office.

So I accidentally had mine shipped via SAL from hlj. Looks like most of the people in the US have received theirs from hlj.

I have a feeling some MF stole the shipping box from off my doorstep today (no tracking to know for sure). Postal carriers are so effing lazy now that they don't even knock, they just put boxes down and run.

Anyways, I was home working upstairs and I swear I heard my glass outer door open, my dogs were barking like crazy. I hurried downstairs and no postal carrier or anything, just a blacked-out car making a lot of noise as it drove away.

Can't wait to move in a year. Will definitely have security cameras in my next place.

Most of those people used EMS or Fedex when they shipped it along with their warehouse stuff . It's only been 14 days so your SAL could take longer , it can take around 30 days some time to time .

Sad to say that this thing is going on now from time to time. I just remember watching something like this within the Bay Area from today's morning news. And most of them are caught on videos. Packages from USPS, Amazon, etc. People will just walk literally to your porch and steal all the packages that left by the doorstep. And here I am remembering my first impression the first time I moved here, 'Hey, it's probably more safe here since most of the houses doesn't have tall gates and fences like we used to in the Philippines.' :unsure:

And that is also the reason why now I always ship mine to my workplace just to keep my mind at ease esp when I use HLJ's PW. Don't want to lose everything in a snap. :(

Amiami accidentally shipped mine to the wrong country.

Explanation from them? "Oh, crap happens, wait and it will come back to you."

Hrumpfff!

Once i had this problem fron a seller on ebay. He shipped my package to chile instead ecuador, i take note and wrote to him. He apologized send me a new package, and about 15 days later the other one also showed up. Funny thing was that he told me to wait the package to come back to japan to resend it. But it seems he changed his mind. Edited by Mr Bomber

I will wait another week or so, if it hasnt showed up I'll order another. Worst case scenario I'll have 2 to display in both modes. A friend suggested shipping things to my workplace also. Usually I use EMS which I have to sign for, so if I'm not at home I can go to the post office and pick it up (which happens a good bit).

Amiami accidentally shipped mine to the wrong country.

Explanation from them? "Oh, crap happens, wait and it will come back to you."

Hrumpfff!

I had an item (a 1:18 Autoart car if I remember correctly) come from America and after it went through Australia posts sort facility it then got redirected to Wellington New Zealand.. it friggin landed in Sydney then gets sent overseas again!? How this happens is beyond me!

damn bro that sucks, but didnt the USPS gives an internal, temporal tracking number for control? in my country they do it, when the package arrives they give an internal tracking, i can read it from the box. Check it out in the USPS office.

Does that track the package through the space time continuum?

Any tips for attaching the antennas near the head? Got them in on the crusier head but the storm attacker head is giving me trouble. They just won't stay in. In fact one broke trying to put it in. :(

Edit: Oh and watch for paint scrapping. I apparently somehow scrapped the blue paint off the bottom of the right main cannon.

Edited by Sandman

Regarding the paint scraping, mine too.

I had to trim mine a bit and then use a flat tipped screw driver to carefully push the part in place. Eventually they'll sort of click into place. I'm not even sure the trimming was necessary, to be honest.

I like your pink valk!

I also opened my SDF-1.

A bit concerned about the metal pins on the arms.

What do you guys think? Any danger there?

I haven't opened mine but from what I can see on the arm is the same thing as the VF-25/YF-29's shoulder joint. It has the same metal pin on the swivel part area. One thing I know is that I'm not sure how to make it tight again. Those shoulder joints in my 25/29 is already loose. :unsure:

I haven't opened mine but from what I can see on the arm is the same thing as the VF-25/YF-29's shoulder joint. It has the same metal pin on the swivel part area. One thing I know is that I'm not sure how to make it tight again. Those shoulder joints in my 25/29 is already loose. :unsure:

Yeah daedalus like star screams shoulder wings those shoulder joints look like a weak point.

Well I'm stuck on a plane waiting for the de-Iceing truck I might as well get these pics up that I promised. I love this new little sdf, and I forgot how fidaly the wham can be it looks good but can be annoying to get it there.

Nice pics Hal. Is the wham sdf movie version in the same scale? Side by side with cosmo they look almost the same scale. Edited by beatsing

• 1 month later...

While I like the fact I finally have an SDFM version of the SDF-1 that semi-transforms I think I've figured out what it is about the look of it that has always bothered me. From the side profile the steepness of the legs from the knee to the feet is too severe on the back of the leg and the legs are too short by a few hairs. Also, the ships are too damn long by quite a lot, part of that is because the joints from the shoulders don't collapse like on the actual lineart but the Daedalus itself is still too long and a bit too skinny. The Prometheus is also ever so slightly oversized, too long and too tall for the side profile.

The booms at the front are also just slightly longer than they need to be.

Yeah i agree. The profile in crusier looks fine to me but the storm attacker profile looks too off for me. I think i'm going to sell mine.

I wasn't specific but what I'm complaining about is entirely about the Cruiser mode. But the stubby legs and longer ships also affect Storm Attacker mode as well too.

But they were fairly close, and not so skinny. These are too far/too skinny, looking like they're floating way far away.

Oh yeah, they're both too long and too skinny. And like I had mentioned befor the attachment arm doesn't collapse towards the shoulder enough.