Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM said:

Can someone confirm whether the Reactive Armor fits the original Yamato 1/60 VF-0S?  I couldn't find it via the search function and figured this was the easiest way to get an answer.

No. One of the main reason is that Yamato's VF-0S chest is wider than Arcadia's.

You can check Jenius review on the Reactive Armor: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=9239

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Originally I was planning using magnets unfortunately is too heavy to handle the weight so a screw will have to be

I already had anticipated this problem so clone the side cover for drilling that way you just have to swap for the original part (safe of any kind of modification)

the next steps is copy in resin and find the right screw and pin for the doors

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-18 a la(s) 23.11.27.png

• 2 months later...

Finally freed this armor from its box, yesterday. I'm very impressed! Though it is a tight fit for one detolf shelf, I managed to get my three PF VF-0Ss (fighter, battroid, and now armored battroid) to set up shop on one.

In regards to the decals...so far I have just applied the triangular ones on the shoulder panels. I think adding  some of the other decals, it would definitely sexy things up, but from this art, it doesn't seem like it had much else adorning it in Macross Zero (although its been over a decade since I have viewed it):

latest?cb=20190509222012

5 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

I think adding  some of the other decals, it would definitely sexy things up, but from this art, it doesn't seem like it had much else adorning it in Macross Zero

That art is very accurate to its onscreen depiction.  :good:

171108778_Zeroscreengrab.jpeg.d3e98ad141f3eaf83e5d6c76c1e20aeb.jpeg

It may be enough to prompt me to rifle through my plastic tote full of old DVDs and watch it again -  just to get an idea of what was on there and what wasn't.

From that screen cap it doesn't look like the "01" is on the right pec (or the red markings on the top/bottom border of the chest panels).

Edited by Grimgerde

11 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

Finally freed this armor from its box, yesterday. I'm very impressed! Though it is a tight fit for one detolf shelf, I managed to get my three PF VF-0Ss (fighter, battroid, and now armored battroid) to set up shop on one.

In regards to the decals...so far I have just applied the triangular ones on the shoulder panels. I think adding  some of the other decals, it would definitely sexy things up, but from this art, it doesn't seem like it had much else adorning it in Macross Zero (although its been over a decade since I have viewed it):

latest?cb=20190509222012

Waiting for pics of detolf. ;)