Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, Darth Mingus said:

They were a huge hit and it sold really well, unfortunately Beagle made no money on them and they went out of business.  There is a rumour that the last 2 (Houquet/Rook and Yellow/Lancer) toys were prototyped and they exist in someone's personal collection.

Yeah, I can imagine. Not to de-rail the thread further, but the complexity of these ride armors puts most valks to shame. I wouldn't be surprised if the R/D and manufacturing costs didn't leave room for much profit. I'm somewhat surprised that the Toynami deal didn't bolster their profits though...

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

I just hope they move on to...mospeada! forget the re-issues arcadia!

I'm all for that! Love to see new Mospeada toys. ;)

9 hours ago, Archer said:

Don't encourage people while I'll on the prowl for one :p

Hahaha! That's to keep you motivated sir. And not to stop the search. Don't sleep too. Check all the sites! :lol: And better yet, PM Mr Kaneda's Bike now! He's a good seller and a good guy to boot. So GO! GO! GO! ^_^

5 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

If they do that, they will be gone for sure.  That license is like the kiss of death (poor Beagle)...

Atleast they went out with a BANG and not reissues. You know like Yamato's farewell bird release. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Darth Mingus said:

They were a huge hit and it sold really well, unfortunately Beagle made no money on them and they went out of business.  There is a rumour that the last 2 (Houquet/Rook and Yellow/Lancer) toys were prototyped and they exist in someone's personal collection.

Fuke's prototype I've seen on some blogs esp Yaco's. But Yellow's I'm not sure there was.

28 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, I can imagine. Not to de-rail the thread further, but the complexity of these ride armors puts most valks to shame. I wouldn't be surprised if the R/D and manufacturing costs didn't leave room for much profit. I'm somewhat surprised that the Toynami deal didn't bolster their profits though...

Let's wait and hope that Riobot's take on this will be a success so that we can finally get a complete set of all the riders and their bikes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, are the Yamto Vf0s really that inferior to the Arcadia releases?  I want a few Zero Valkyries and the Yamatos are much cheaper.  I've seen the Scorched earth reviews of each but I don't do much other than pose on the stand.  So for display are they that much worse than the Arcadia?  Also I don't think the legs of the Vf-oA fall off on Yamato.  Thoughts? 

The white on the Arcadia 0s is much better, also if you plan to display battroid mode I would highly recommend both Arcadia 0s and 0A because of the better head sculpt, proportions etc. In fighter mode, I think the Yamato 0A is good enough, apart that I also prefer the paint details on the 0A (canopy painting is accurate on Arcadia and you got more grey shades than with the Yamato)

• 4 weeks later...

i honestly wish the kit has some further options that were not offered on the painted version. like the 1/3000 sdf-1 kit had the battle damage guns.

since the size of the VF-0 are closer to the vf-1 1/48's,  an option to chose individual missiles vs. the traditional non separated missiles would be appealing.

or the addition of effect parts like the vf-1 1/60 gbp set.

6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i honestly wish the kit has some further options that were not offered on the painted version. like the 1/3000 sdf-1 kit had the battle damage guns.

since the size of the VF-0 are closer to the vf-1 1/48's,  an option to chose individual missiles vs. the traditional non separated missiles would be appealing.

or the addition of effect parts like the vf-1 1/60 gbp set.

What effect parts?!

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

What effect parts?!

for the 1/60 gbp set, aside from a stand along armor set, yamato released a combo box which arcadia re-printed recently that included the armor and a vf-1j grey visor. 

i7XC2MSl.jpg

Yamato released another combo box but instead of including a vf-1j it included effect parts similar to the recently HMR missile effects for the vf-1.

this is what the package ark work looked like, you had to buy the grey goggle vf-1j seperately.

5Vx05ZB.jpg

2 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

for the 1/60 gbp set, aside from a stand along armor set, yamato released a combo box which arcadia re-printed recently that included the armor and a vf-1j grey visor. 

i7XC2MSl.jpg

Yamato released another combo box but instead of including a vf-1j it included effect parts similar to the recently HMR missile effects for the vf-1.

this is what the package ark work looked like, you had to buy the grey goggle vf-1j seperately.

5Vx05ZB.jpg

Ah thanks! I've seen that before and just assumed it was a custom. Thanks a lot, now I'm going to search for it to see how much I get raped if I want the set. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2017 at 3:34 PM, neko878 said:

I know I'm a little late to the party but I finally had some time to put the RA on the 0S.

After putting the pieces together, I must say it looks pretty cool!

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

This one looks nice. :wub: :good:

• 2 weeks later...