Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

Here's the reply to my ticket:

Hello 

Thank you for your message

We apologize for the delay on your order 
Due to the big sales we having quite a queue at the dispatch center.

Your order is ready and will be shipped as soon as possible.

We apologize once more for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding

Just placed my HLJ PW shipping order. Hope to receive it early next week. I decided to keep my 2 RA Parts order. Will decide if I need to buy a kit and sell the other built RA later on. ^_^

Edit: Paid my shipping order. Now the waiting begins.

Edited by no3Ljm

I see NY mentioned more often on other message boards like TFW. Maybe they really are having too much orders to fulfill. Just a theory though. I hope you get your orders soon. My RA set is now sitting in customs for the rest of the week. :p

On 2/20/2017 at 11:51 AM, Scyla said:

I see NY mentioned more often on other message boards like TFW. Maybe they really are having too much orders to fulfill. Just a theory though. I hope you get your orders soon. My RA set is now sitting in customs for the rest of the week. :p

Good point! A couple years ago they were bad with pricing but then got really good...they now consistently have the lowest prices and that's what matter most to a like of people (me included). They might be getting a lot more business than they used to and need time for adjustment. It's all good with me because again, I don't care when my items arrive as long as they arrive. I just want the lowest prices.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Good point! A couple years ago they were bad with pricing but then got really good...they now consistently have the lowest prices and that's what matter most to a like of people (me included). They might be getting a lot more business than they used to and need time for adjustment. It's all good with me because again, I don't care when my items arrive as long as they arrive. I just want the lowest prices.

Yeah i noted that. When i started buying on NY couple years ago i thought some of their prices were too high compared to others but lately they being real competitive. Even with their expensivd shipping charges they are cheaper than hlj without shipping.

2 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Yeah i noted that. When i started buying on NY couple years ago i thought some of their prices were too high compared to others but lately they being real competitive. Even with their expensivd shipping charges they are cheaper than hlj without shipping.

I compared shipping prices for the same items for NY, HLJ, AE and amiami...HLJ was usually cheapest but NY was right there with them on most items and even cheaper for some. Works for me.

17 minutes ago, Golden Arms said:

Received my RA's today.  Anyone having any issues getting the chest armor to lock into place?

wmkjr posted this on Page 27 from Arcadia's Tweeter feed:

On 2/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, wmkjr said:

C4rz3GAWIAAf7TG.jpg

Using google translate (from 1st pic):

1. Put the chest armor unit on the chest of the Battroid main body. Please let me know the condition of the top of the part as shown in the picture.

2.While holding down the back of Battroid, please push the chest missile hatch point enclosed with O backwards. (It would be good to hold it with the index finger and thumb...) then you will hear a clicking "catch" caught on the sub intake.

I guess they had their own way of doing it differently from the manual. Also, could anyone who has it in hand please post pics of the packaging box from all angles.  Arcadia said there was some kind of error of the product pic on the left side. I was just curious as to what the error was.

Edit: Figured it out. They used or forgot the right side product image underneath of the left side product image.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

wmkjr posted this on Page 27 from Arcadia's Tweeter feed:

Thanks No3ljm That did the trick!!   The instructions manual isn't very clear. 

So far loving the armor.  It's definitely the beefiest looking mech with the exception of the 1/48 armor. 

1 minute ago, monishb said:

To be fair to others, this also depends on which part of the world you live in.

That goes without saying when it comes to shipping. I'm sure someone living in Japan pays less from either company.

Many of us live in the other hemisphere, so this is quite relevant to a lot of people.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Some people must be using Donald Trump math.

Shipping cost for Golion from HLJ:

58ad080475a0b_HLJshippingcost.thumb.JPG.fb55e73e8fe203fb0d5bec13528bf685.JPG

Shipping cost for Golion from NY:

58ad0722bc3ab_NYshippingcost.thumb.JPG.b015a0278d6031b2a2965399bc1ab366.JPG

As I've said many times before, NY has some pretty steep shipping rates.

as much as I agree with NY charging higher shipping, it's not really fair to compare it to HLJ's discounted Fedex rate. 

A SOC golion/voltron all packaged up for shipping weight around 2890 grams total.

directly from japan post the cost is 

EMS 5900

Airmail 6750

SAL 5000

surface/BOAT 2900

at the end Nippon-Yasan charges really about 500 to 700 yen extra

58ad0d296ca07_shipping1.jpg.a1524217312ecec60ad20bbc90675814.jpg

I wonder if NY is waiting on Arcadia to provide the corrected sticker for the box image hence the delay? Maybe not but I'm still waiting on mine from them too.

Edit: Or maybe Arcadia halted shipments to correct the error 1st.

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, F360 said:

as much as I agree with NY charging higher shipping, it's not really fair to compare it to HLJ's discounted Fedex rate. 

A SOC golion/voltron all packaged up for shipping weight around 2890 grams total.

directly from japan post the cost is 

EMS 5900

Airmail 6750

SAL 5000

surface/BOAT 2900

at the end Nippon-Yasan charges really about 500 to 700 yen extra

Why isn't it fair to compare them? The postulate that was given was that NY shipping is the same as HLJ. That is categorically false. 

HLJ EMS shipping for Golion was only marginally more than FedEx. 

On a side note, like many others it's pretty rare for me to ship only one item from HLJ. I usually won't ship till near the end of 60 days when I have tons of stuff, which further drives down the cost of shipping. 

Edited by Lolicon

17 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

I wonder if NY is waiting on Arcadia to provide the corrected sticker for the box image hence the delay? Maybe not but I'm still waiting on mine from them too.

Edit: Or maybe Arcadia halted shipments to correct the error 1st.

Wait. What corrected sticker for the box image? Was there a recall?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

That goes without saying when it comes to shipping. I'm sure someone living in Japan pays less from either company.

Many of us live in the other hemisphere, so this is quite relevant to a lot of people.

Not sure how you came to a conclusion that most of us live in the other hemisphere since there are no real numbers to go by here anyway. I'm sure some countries have better agreements in place for cost. In the end it's not an unreasonable cost for today's day and age.

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. What corrected sticker for the box image? Was there a recall?

Not a recall per se just a notice:

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products. 

With regard to "1/60 VF - 0 Support Reactive Armor" which was released on February 10, 2017, a mistake in printing was found in the product image on the left side of the product package. 

Regarding this matter, we are very sorry for the circumstances of our company, but we will respond in the form of sending a design sticker that modified the part of the printing mistake. 
Although I am very sorry to trouble you, I would like you to paste this sticker at the customer's own mistake in the print mistake part. 

As for the distribution of this sticker, since it is currently undergoing printing work, we will notify you again on HP as soon as preparation is completed. 
After that, if you can inform us of "Design sticker hope" to our customer, we will ship in order. 

We truly apologized for causing inconvenience to our customers. 
Thank you for your continued patronage and continued patronage.

From Arcadia's website http://arcadia.ac/user_data/notice4.php

1 hour ago, monishb said:

Not sure how you came to a conclusion that most of us live in the other hemisphere since there are no real numbers to go by here anyway. I'm sure some countries have better agreements in place for cost. In the end it's not an unreasonable cost for today's day and age.

I said "many" not "most" live in the other hemisphere. And a lot of us do. Would you like me to start a poll so we have more concrete numbers? 

That said, the statement that NY offers the same shipping costs as HLJ is still an Alternative Fact. :p

It's all a matter of implication. If the point is just to say "HLJ can save on shipping because they have a sweet FedEx deal" then sure. If the point is to say that "NY is gauging on shipping" when, in reality, they're charging very near retail, then that would be unfair... unless we know NY has the same deal worked out with FedEx and they just never reflect that.

Seriously though, they still haven't shipped my RA. WTF? Even HLJ, when they were at their worst, was never this bad for me.

I've simply refuted the postulate that NY offers the same shipping rates as HLJ. Everything else mentioned does not change that. 

As the end consumer, I could care less about whatever special deals or lack thereof each shop has with shipping companies. All that matters to me is "how much" and "can you ship it to me in a reasonable time frame?" 

The answer seems to be a "no" on that second question. :p

this delayed shipping situation for those still waiting for theirs to begin the journey from NY is simply ridiculous and downright appalling.. I was frustrated enough over 8 days wait but I really feel for those still waiting. Everyone still waiting should all be emailing NY for an explanation and im sure if they receive enough inquiries about it then they might just have to start to seriously acknowledge the problem. Thank god NY isn't in the organ transplant business or they'd be people dying all over the place waiting for their donor organs.. not that it doesn't happen anyways..

Edited by spanner
I have bad gas..

here is an example.

hlj and ny

i added the latest arcadia VF-1S. Since it was released there is no discount price for it, so dont mind it, but the shipping cost is quite different.

EMS is the best option, since fedex or similar courier services have special taxes in my countries.

58ad4f43f0102_Sinttulo-1.jpg.595f3b6989e6bc7e9c1b833b4797146d.jpg

58ad4f42e4c0c_Sinttulo.thumb.jpg.5dbc8648137683ed7c3eab67fb9f2253.jpg