Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, spanner said:

well doesn't this totally suck balls.. I see others who have already received and enjoying their RA part sets and still NY are yet to ship mine. :unknw: :angry:

I wonder if anyone here who ordered from NY has had theirs shipped yet of if they are just sitting on their arses. It's getting close to a week of preparation in progress.

In a week the NY website will disappear from the Internet entirely...

Okay, I really hope they're not having solvency issues but their inability to ship is getting very suspect. Maybe the flu is going around their warehouse.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Okay, I really hope they're not having solvency issues but their inability to ship is getting very suspect. Maybe the flu is going around their warehouse.

I hope N-Y doesnt disappear! My supers and milla are still outstanding!! :unsure:

@locidm The GBP is absolutely dwarfed!! and nice M0 family potrait there :p

I thk the 0A's head would look small surrounded by large shoulder pads..at least the 0S head has more presence....

3 hours ago, jenius said:

hehe! thanks for that Jenius! im now that little bit more worried that there are deeper issues at play here! Though all of my items I have pre-paid for were done through paypal so if they did happen to belly up I guess I can most likely get my money back perhaps? I was going to send them another email today but got caught up doing other stuff and forgot so I'll send one after the weekend. Give them a couple more days..

You guys need to contact NY and see if they've made a mistake.  I pre-ordered the SHF Hawkeye figure many moons ago and it was shipped yesterday.  UPS has been moving that thing through Japan so NY are still definitely shipping things.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, auberondreaming said:

Got mine today in Albuquerque, even as part of a private warehouse shipment from hlj.  They shipped it on Monday.  Hope NY ships everyone's soon, not rubbing it in just giving an update.

What did you ship by?  Mine showed up in Abq yesterday.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Customer service is closed on weekends so emailing now won't be fruitful for a few days. Someone did get a response though telling them not to worry it will ship... eventually. 

Im going to wait till end of day Monday and if still no shipping notice then I will email them again. I know I'll just end up pissing them off with so many emails but this is just not acceptable. I have always been a prompt paying customer, often paying for my pre-orders in full long before release and have purchased a considerable amount of stuff from them (nearly 900,000 yen give or take which is just over $10,000 aud) through so many Macross Valkyries, almost all of my space battleship 2199 stuff and countless other assorted figures & vehicles so im definitely not just a new one off customer. And on a few occasions when they have asked for more money for shipping I have paid without question. So yeah I have been quite loyal with them. So I guess that gives me the right to send them an email asking why my item hasn't shipped out yet.. When going through my account history I was looking at previous items and the time difference between order preparation and shipping notice, it has never been this bad with many items being posted on the same or next day.. 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Im going to wait till end of day Monday and if still no shipping notice then I will email them again. I know I'll just end up pissing them off with so many emails but this is just not acceptable. I have always been a prompt paying customer, often paying for my pre-orders in full long before release and have purchased a considerable amount of stuff from them (nearly 900,000 yen give or take which is just over $10,000 aud) through so many Macross Valkyries, almost all of my space battleship 2199 stuff and countless other assorted figures & vehicles so im definitely not just a new one off customer. And on a few occasions when they have asked for more money for shipping I have paid without question. So yeah I have been quite loyal with them. So I guess that gives me the right to send them an email asking why my item hasn't shipped out yet.. When going through my account history I was looking at previous items and the time difference between order preparation and shipping notice, it has never been this bad with many items being posted on the same or next day.. 

Cuss 'em out.

17 hours ago, spanner said:

well doesn't this totally suck balls.. I see others who have already received and enjoying their RA part sets and still NY are yet to ship mine. :unknw: :angry:

Im in the same boat as you spanner.

4 hours ago, spanner said:

That happens to me all the time as well and it pisses me off even more when I enquire about it days later only to find out that they need more money for shipping but couldn't be bothered to take the initiative to contact me first. I wrote to them 2 days ago on the reactive armour and the rep mentioned they're swamped with orders and my item would be shipped on the same day but here I am 2 days later with no shipping notification. The rep even said I don't need make additional payments.

Their customer service is live though but I got the exact same message I received on Thursday. I'm guessing it's the usual copy and paste script at work. They even cut me off with a, "We're working very hard to get the items out. Is there anything else I can help you with?".

Edited by neoexcaliber

35 minutes ago, neoexcaliber said:

That happens to me all the time as well and it pisses me off even more when I enquire about it days later only to find out that they need more money for shipping but couldn't be bothered to take the initiative to contact me first. I wrote to them 2 days ago on the reactive armour and the rep mentioned they're swamped with orders and my item would be shipped on the same day but here I am 2 days later with no shipping notification. The rep even said I don't need make additional payments.

Their customer service is live though but I got the exact same message I received on Thursday. I'm guessing it's the usual copy and paste script at work. They even cut me off with a, "We're working very hard to get the items out. Is there anything else I can help you with?".

ahhh well yes now that you mention it there is.. get my order out! oh and while your at it GET MY ORDER OUT!! you bloody twits.

RA is looking sweet...I just took my sweet ass time in sending my damn payment to HLJ. Seriously guys, where do you keep all of your stash from all of your figures, models, etc. My closet is bursting at the seems with Gundams, Macross and other figures...good Lord! I need to clear some space for this thing! 

1 hour ago, neoexcaliber said:

Work harder.

12 minutes ago, Aye Aye said:

RA is looking sweet...I just took my sweet ass time in sending my damn payment to HLJ. Seriously guys, where do you keep all of your stash from all of your figures, models, etc. My closet is bursting at the seems with Gundams, Macross and other figures...good Lord! I need to clear some space for this thing! 

Well I'm single and I have a 2000 sq/ft house so I have room for lots of plastic crap.

Not really on-topic in terms of the FA order, but I made an order on NY earlier this week for a DX VF-31. Still in "preparation in progress" mode. Paid for EMS shipping an everything. I wonder if they only ship things out one day a week or something?

I find it strange that they take your money so promptly, but disallow refunds/cancels if things are moving too slow on their end. Certainly the last time I use NY, that's for sure :/

The VF-0D would look nice if it was painted with the blue of the Reactive Armor or something close to it.  The only thing I don't like about the Reactive Armor are the pink missiles, especially displayed next to other Valkyries.

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, Keiichi said:

For folks who have already got it in-hand; do you feel there's any danger of causing damage to the valk when attaching/detaching the chest armor?  The way it seems to clip on makes me a little concerned about nicking the plastic it grips to.

I suppose it could but I haven't tried to remove the armor to see.  I can safely warn anyone trying to open the shoulder missile packs that the little black bits can be easily ripped off though.  They're easy to glue back on though.

Does anybody have a marking guide from a Hase kit or something?  The book doesn't offer much other than the triangles, 01 on the chest and the Kites and Spacy logos on the sides.  Ans you can bately see what they stamped on the Reactive Armor in the Master File books.

Edited by Mommar

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It looks cool just like that in those black and grey colors, except for that one blue side piece.

I dont thk assembly kits would have black as their base color. You would need to get a good base coat over it to paint as black wouldnt reflect colors well.
Hope it gets launched in the traditional white(and not arcadia white) for assembly kit..

On 2/18/2017 at 3:15 PM, Mommar said:

I suppose it could but I haven't tried to remove the armor to see.  I can safely warn anyone trying to open the shoulder missile packs that the little black bits can be easily ripped off though.  They're easy to glue back on though.

Does anybody have a marking guide from a Hase kit or something?  The book doesn't offer much other than the triangles, 01 on the chest and the Kites and Spacy logos on the sides.  Ans you can bately see what they stamped on the Reactive Armor in the Master File books.

I pulled this from Hobby Search. There just aren't that many markings for the armor itself.

10050965t2.jpg.17719b90260ad151e95614853493931d.jpg

I think that the armours only arrived with retailers in two batches. My hlj payment request came this Friday where most people got theirs the week before.

It may be why NY took so long to ship, they were waiting to have all the product in hand. That said, if thats true why didn't they say?

27 minutes ago, Garfinkel said:

I think that the armours only arrived with retailers in two batches. My hlj payment request came this Friday where most people got theirs the week before.

It may be why NY took so long to ship, they were waiting to have all the product in hand. That said, if thats true why didn't they say?

well exactly, why couldn't they just say they are waiting on stock to arrive or what ever the reason may have been..? oh well, what matters is its on its way. Most likely won't see it till next week though.