Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

WHHHAAAATTTT?????

Wow! Seriously?! :blink:

I bought 2 sets of the Reactive Armor in the hopes that I could repaint one for the VF-0A and now they're going to make an assembly kit? :wacko: Now I have to check what's HLJ's return policy for items in the Private Warehouse. 

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! Seriously?! :blink:

I bought 2 sets of the Reactive Armor in the hopes that I could repaint one for the VF-0A and now they're going to make an assembly kit? :wacko: Now I have to check what's HLJ's return policy for items in the Private Warehouse. 

Lol the reactive armor certainly lived up to its name..i got a same reaction too!

Although there is a HLJ 10 day window period after purchase if you want to change ur mind, its most likely i would stick with my purchase. I don't trust my painting skills and the RA looks awfully good sitting next to the other zero's......

C4i1MOAUYAMw8Pr.thumb.jpg.1ce55d472f11fd3ff73af00487b9b73a.jpg

That being said, am hoping more information abt the assembly kit flows within these next few days....

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I guess I'd buy the Assembly Kit if it came with missile effects.

Yea that might happen in the sense of option parts..tho am not sure option parts are a given...

Does anyone remember how the VF-1 assembly kits were priced relative to an actual VF-1?

*side note* if folks were annoyed abt missiles being pinkish, i hope the whole assembly kit doesn't come in pink white!

and once again days after receiving notification of order preparation, NY still has yet to ship out the item. If I don't get an shipping notification by end of day today then I will start the rounds of emails to them. Im getting the sh!ts with this crap.. And if this becomes the norm for NY then I will be cancelling what ever I have on order with them an not continue using them regardless of availability of items. Its just pathetic.

Edited by spanner

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

Lol the reactive armor certainly lived up to its name..i got a same reaction too!

Although there is a HLJ 10 day window period after purchase if you want to change ur mind, its most likely i would stick with my purchase. I don't trust my painting skills and the RA looks awfully good sitting next to the other zero's......

That being said, am hoping more information abt the assembly kit flows within these next few days....

Well, I would love to have a low-vis look somehow on my extra one. But knowing that there will be a Assembly kit, it's nice since you get to paint it while building it. Whereas with the painted one, I need to figure out how to disassemble and hoping that most parts are not glued in. By the way, how many did you ordered, Seti?

13 hours ago, chyll2 said:

I think they will either make a choice of converting the amount you paid as Store Credit or, reversal. Though the one I did request for cancellation was small value item

Based on their policy when I checked it last night, they offer full 100% refund within the 10 day period. Beyond that, it will be 85% store credit that they will automatically apply in your next order.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, I would love to have a low-vis look somehow on my extra one. But knowing that there will be a Assembly kit, it's nice since you get to paint it while building it. Whereas with the painted one, I need to figure out how to disassemble and hoping that most parts are not glued in. By the way, how many did you ordered, Seti?

Based on their policy when I checked it last night, they offer full 100% refund within the 10 day period. Beyond that, it will be 85% store credit that they will automatically apply in your next order.

I just got one RA since i like fighter/gerwalk mode too! That and the fact i cant afford another RA. :lol: 

But am glad i got 2 0S, i knew i would need to face the decision if the 0S should be in fighter or RA mode, and i couldnt decide!

The announcement has got me thinking abt the assembly kit though and i just paid for the regular RA, so its within the 10 day window.

Gotta make my mind up  soon, but most likely i will stick with the regular RA...

8 hours ago, spanner said:

and once again days after receiving notification of order preparation, NY still has yet to ship out the item. If I don't get an shipping notification by end of day today then I will start the rounds of emails to them. Im getting the sh!ts with this crap.. And if this becomes the norm for NY then I will be cancelling what ever I have on order with them an not continue using them regardless of availability of items. Its just pathetic.

It's frustrating how slow they've gotten lately. Mine's also been "Preparation in progress" stage for days. They need to work on their logistics or something. Do they only have one person packing and shipping things out?

It used to be the other way round. I used to refuse to use HLJ, because they used to be so slow at getting orders out the door, so much so that I'd prefer to use NJ, even though they were often more expensive, especially if you missed the initial discounted pre-order price, but NJ were fast at getting orders out.

But it seems like HLJ have got their act together in the last 1-2 years and get orders packed and out the door much faster now.

I used to be like Graham regarding HLJ but they've turned things around.

NY may have a cheaper initial preorder price, but the ability to ship nearly $400 of merchandise for about $40 and have it here in a few days and the fact that HLJ actually ships stuff out in a timely manner makes HLJ a way better choice than NY. 

RA arrives tomorrow. Can't wait! Time to break out my other 0S. :)

Correction to an earlier post: I got my second 0S discounted as "damaged box" box item from AmiAmi. The "damaged box" I received was in even better condition than my first one. :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I used to be like Graham regarding HLJ but they've turned things around.

NY may have a cheaper initial preorder price, but the ability to ship nearly $400 of merchandise for about $40 and have it here in a few days and the fact that HLJ actually ships stuff out in a timely manner makes HLJ a way better choice than NY. 

RA arrives tomorrow. Can't wait! Time to break out my other 0S. :)

Correction to an earlier post: I got my second 0S discounted as "damaged box" box item from AmiAmi. The "damaged box" I received was in even better condition than my first one. :wacko:

Hey Lolicon, take a note on how you attach the chest piece on ur valk...I thk there is something specific you need to press into from the bottom of the chest armor, that made arcadia tweet the below....

37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Has anyone tried to see how much, if any, of the armor will attach onto a Yamato VF-0 with or without modifications?

I would say not at all, unless we're talking about a complete hatchet job on the armor or the Yamato VF-0. Without even speaking of the attachment points, the proportions are too different. For example, the chest is much wider on the Yamato version so you'd have to hack off chunks of the chest on the sides just to get the chest armor to cover it.

This is the SECOND effing package HLJ have shipped that has had clearance issues.  Luckily it's not around Christmas time, like my 31J, that took three weeks to arrive, and it's only been delayed by a day.  But HLJ is becoming really consistent on shipping things incorrectly to me.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Has anyone tried to see how much, if any, of the armor will attach onto a Yamato VF-0 with or without modifications?

I'm not 100% sure, but from the looks of Jenius' photo from Anymoon of both VF-0S releases, looks like there's a chance the arms and legs might fit with some mod on their respective armor parts. However, let's hope that the leg armor tabs will fit on the Yamato one. Same thing also with the backpack since it will just need to slot in from the tail wings area from the top. But the chest area really requires more mod to fit I guess.

Arcadia-VF-0S-8.jpg

For those who missed it, AmiAmi still has it for Y15950.

Edited by no3Ljm

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hey Lolicon, take a note on how you attach the chest piece on ur valk...I thk there is something specific you need to press into from the bottom of the chest armor, that made arcadia tweet the below....

Using google translate (from 1st pic):

1. Put the chest armor unit on the chest of the Battroid main body. Please let me know the condition of the top of the part as shown in the picture.

2.While holding down the back of Battroid, please push the chest missile hatch point enclosed with O backwards. (It would be good to hold it with the index finger and thumb...) then you will hear a clicking "catch" caught on the sub intake.

I guess they had their own way of doing it differently from the manual. Also, could anyone who has it in hand please post pics of the packaging box from all angles.  Arcadia said there was some kind of error of the product pic on the left side. I was just curious as to what the error was.

Edit: Figured it out. They used or forgot the right side product image underneath of the left side product image.

Edited by wmkjr

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

This is the SECOND effing package HLJ have shipped that has had clearance issues.  Luckily it's not around Christmas time, like my 31J, that took three weeks to arrive, and it's only been delayed by a day.  But HLJ is becoming really consistent on shipping things incorrectly to me.

Thats like 2 in a row , did hlj hired the holiday tempt that mess up your invoice from last time?  I just got a shipment from hlj this week with no issues or delay , it's actually 2 days early .    Maybe its the custom agent in your area is new too?

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

Can't help but be thoroughly impressed by the Hasegawa battroids for zero. I had no idea they were that well articulated!

I have three of the Battroid kits and they are really nice, quite poseable & very detailed. The only issue I have with them is where the legs connect to nosecone section, the plastic can break really easy if you're not careful. (Yet it's an easy fix). Otherwise I'd recommend them. I still need to build my RA VF-0S one of these days. 

On 2/15/2017 at 5:01 AM, monishb said:

This is another reason why I'd never recommend anyone buy from NY. 

At least never buy anything with expedited shipping from NY. I always pick SAL because when your standard shipping time is already 3 weeks a few day delay in shipping doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Feel sorry for peeps who order like Fedex or EMS and wait 5 days for their products to ship, eliminating the purpose of super fast shipping lol

Edited by Duymon