Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

I don't think the Gunpod's grip is resting properly on the Valk's hand just by basing it on that angle. More like, slipping in the trigger finger in the hole, and let the back part rests by the chest area. And don't move him until your next display pose. :lol:

0619.jpg

To be honest, the more I see photos esp new ones, the more I want to get 2 sets rather than one. If only there's a way this one fits to the VF-0D without doing too much custom. :rolleyes:

I know holding the gun pod whilst suited up in armors looks a little clumsy just as with the VF-1 GBP but on this photo angle it still looks cool! might have to pose it the very same way when I get mine!

I know holding the gun pod whilst suited up in armors looks a little clumsy just as with the VF-1 GBP but on this photo angle it still looks cool! might have to pose it the very same way when I get mine!

Don't worry too much about the gunpod, either we found a way to pose it well or Shapeways will!

I don't think the Gunpod's grip is resting properly on the Valk's hand just by basing it on that angle. More like, slipping in the trigger finger in the hole, and let the back part rests by the chest area. And don't move him until your next display pose. :lol:

To be honest, the more I see photos esp new ones, the more I want to get 2 sets rather than one. If only there's a way this one fits to the VF-0D without doing too much custom. :rolleyes:

It may be easier to swap the head out on the VF-0S to a VF-0D head. I haven't even taken a look to see if that's possible but it seems it would have a similar mount.

Edited by Loop

It may be easier to swap the head out on the VF-0S to a VF-0D head. I haven't even taken a look to see if that's possible but it seems it would have a similar mount.

The head sits on a ball joint. It's very easy to swap them.

Arcadia's PWS-0X is, in terms of chunkiness, a Yamato GBP V1.... :nea:

Hopefully, this isn't the last Macross item they release as it would be sad to end it on this disappointing note.... ;)

Maybe they can try harder on the next release! :rolleyes:

P7196341.jpg

The 1/48 GBP armor is a worse offender!!!

Does the PWS armor look too oversized to you? Just asking. I've read you don't like the wings hanging that low.

This thing is a hunk, but c'mon its still friggin sweet. I am glad they even put this thing together to begin with considering how small a role it played in the anime. I love all of the armored craziness that Macross brings to the table, so if you have a VF-0S you OWE it to yourself to pick up a set. Super minor gripe, and its been said a million times: the absent red triangle tampo on the shoulder hatch...jeez its a defining detail here guys! Can a brother get a tampo???!?!?!?!

The 1/48 GBP armor is a worse offender!!!

Does the PWS armor look too oversized to you? Just asking. I've read you don't like the wings hanging that low.

Either one is quite chunky....the problem is that they were ok for their time....

Arcadia supposedly has had over 10 years of design experience to figure things out....unless they have thrown out the door everything they learned during their Yamato days (but it's TRex...so this can't be the case)...they just got lazy...

Look at Bandai with their chunky v1 VF-25's....they got spanked by the fans and turned around and fixed the problem....

Arcadia may not have as much money as Bandai....but they have the experience...and close adherence to lineart has been their claim to fame since the V2 VF-1....that is partly why we rationalize their higher costs....

Their execution of the PWS-0X IMO shows that it was at best an after thought....if it had been properly planned from the start....it should not have ended up looking like a chunky monkey, early 2000's effort...for the kind of money they are expecting fan's to pay....the end product is just too far from the spirit of the lineart.....

At this point....correcting the over exposed wings wouldn't matter as it is just too dang w.....i.....d.....e....aka chunky....which I believe is a bigger problem that cannot be easily corrected....unless they come out with a V3 VF-0.....

Their execution of the PWS-0X IMO shows that it was at best an after thought....if it had been properly planned from the start....it should not have ended up looking like a chunky monkey, early 2000's effort...for the kind of money they are expecting fan's to pay....the end product is just too far from the spirit of the lineart.....

At this point....correcting the over exposed wings wouldn't matter as it is just too dang w.....i.....d.....e....aka chunky....which I believe is a bigger problem that cannot be easily corrected....unless they come out with a V3 VF-0.....

Thanks for the response!!

It's not that a big deviation from the lineart IMO. In this case I like it being bulkier (and I am a lineart nazi!!).

Wish there was another option for you to choose from.

Can't help staring at those photos. Preordered 2 at HLJ. In case I change my mind I can cancel one... hassle-free. ^_^

It's true that I can switch heads on my VF-0. But remember VF-0D is blue and has a wing cape. And that's what makes it cool. :wub:

Hahaha! You know what's better than Photoshop in real life? 'Undo'. :lol:

Man. ain't that the truth! :rolleyes:

Pre-ordered at HLJ too....I was mistaken arcadia's PO's are at start of day in JP, unlike bandai's 4pm releases...No madness tho so plenty for everyone...

Hoping this would be coming out at the later end of February, so that i can ship it with the draken's release via HLJ's PW! ;)

I do wish there were some promo photo's of the RA with the 0A tho...i wonder how it would look like with 0A's light blue colors...

Edited by seti88

gee its really nice when you can pre-order something with minimal fuss and zero stress! compared to other products which the process is downright "shrink appointment needed afterwards" material.. :wacko:

in fact it was so easy and pleasant to pre-order this that it actually made my shitty work day much better! ^_^

spirits = uplifted! :)