Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

Man. This looks gorgeous. Too bad it didn't come out when Yamato did their initial Zero launch. I would have bought a few then. Now? Not so much...

The arm of the first version will fall off by itself, so I won't even bother to put more weigt on it.

You know what's sad... I have 2x 0S's I have not even taken out of the box yet, I am pretty sure I never opened any of my A's either... Sad. I will say that I did get around to unboxing one of my D's but I left it in fighter mode.

If you don't mind handing one of those over to me, I'll gladly open and outfit it in a nice set of reactive armor! ;)

Thanks, this sux for me, cause i would have liked finally giving mine an armor.

It's all in jest. I was referring to the grey/white armor pics above not the displayed one. I don't think all of it would fit your Yamato VF-0 anyways. The VF-0A thread has a comparison pic of the 2 somewhere.

Does anyone know if the new reactor armor for Arcadia vf0 will work with Yamato vf-0?

From Jenius' anymoon site. You can see that the Yamato chest is wider than Arcadia. And for sure the rest of Arcadia parts are sleekier than Yamato's. For sure you can try and fit it by customizing it.

Arcadia-VF-0S-8.jpg

I was just thinking. If I were going to use the armor on VF-0D, would removing the rear tail fin and the intake fins should be suffice to put the leg armors on it. Correct? Though I'm thinking about the extra small fins under the intake, if it's going to make contact on the hips armor just basing it from the promo photos. But it would be nice though if it has the same blue as the 0D and somehow can fit the 0D itself just be removing those extra fins.

Very doubtful that you'd be able to apply the leg armors to the 0D, since the lower leg has a significantly reshaped profile. The entire back of the calf is reshaped to mesh with the root of the wing, and I doubt that those parts are something you'll be able to remove.

The hip and waist portions might still mount correctly, but the 0D is also missing the little slots in the hips on the 0A and 0S that everyone has predicted are mounting points for the armor.

The arms and upper torso armor might be fine, but anything connected to the legs or back is not likely to work the same way.

Very doubtful that you'd be able to apply the leg armors to the 0D, since the lower leg has a significantly reshaped profile. The entire back of the calf is reshaped to mesh with the root of the wing, and I doubt that those parts are something you'll be able to remove.

The hip and waist portions might still mount correctly, but the 0D is also missing the little slots in the hips on the 0A and 0S that everyone has predicted are mounting points for the armor.

The arms and upper torso armor might be fine, but anything connected to the legs or back is not likely to work the same way.

Thanks Chronocidal. ;) I technically forgot about the lower back calf of the 0D. It's potruding more than the 0S/A. And you're right, it's missing the mounting points on the hip intake. Looks like it will only fit on the chest, shoulders, and arms only.

Bummer. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...