• 4 weeks later...

Saw it today. There's a lot of humor throughout. Set in the 60's, they play up the Russia vs America theme, but in a one-upmanship kinda way that's entertaining. All three leads played their parts well...loved Cavill's arrogant American. Vikander is just :wub: . It made for a nice distraction on a Saturday afternoon.

This film had so much potential: excellent locations, great cinematography, catchy soundtrack, Alicia Vikander. What killed it for me was the stiff performance by Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer. Cavill is just trying too hard to emulate Robert Vaughn while Hammer simply has no chemistry with the rest of the cast. Definitely rental material only.

So far, Kingsman: The Secret Service is the best spy film of 2015. I haven't seen Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation yet, and I'm not touching Spy with a 10-foot pole.

This film had so much potential: excellent locations, great cinematography, catchy soundtrack, Alicia Vikander. What killed it for me was the stiff performance by Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer. Cavill is just trying too hard to emulate Robert Vaughn while Hammer simply has no chemistry with the rest of the cast. Definitely rental material only.

So far, Kingsman: The Secret Service is the best spy film of 2015. I haven't seen Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation yet, and I'm not touching Spy with a 10-foot pole.

im going to see this tonight with my son so here's hoping it makes good watching! Been reading a few mixed reviews about it but then again which movie doesn't get mixed reviews.. you can't please everyone I guess!

I thought Kingsmen was only fairly average to be honest.. Still want to see Mission Impossible and yeah I have no plans to see Spy anytime soon either.. a friend of mine saw it and she liked it. Although she has odd tastes when it comes to movies so im not taking her word for it.

Edited by spanner76