1/72 VF-29 for pre-order

Thom

Interesting kit. It looks like whoever made it recasted a lot of parts from the 1/72 vf-25 kits as I recognize a ton of those parts...sadly. Could prolly make a much sturdier kit if you use the Vf-25 pieces. Would cut down dramatically on the small fragile parts.

I've got the original kit:

post-12411-0-06529000-1428560612_thumb.jpg
You do have to use some parts from the Bandai POS VF-25, which I'm very willing to sacrifice to make this one (eventually). And you have to write to the maker to get the instructions. He did that to try and cut down on recasting. Who wants to buy a complex kit with no instructions? :)
Edited by Jefuemon

Nope, not Seventh Moon. It was made by Frameout Models, sculpted by ensing.

They occasionally show up on Yahoo Auctions. That's where I grabbed mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Are these resin kits worth the effort when compared to the Plastic kitsets?

Depends. A lot of these Festival-only kits are of subject matter that no one else has produced as a plastic kit. Also, a while back, the only way to get a 1/72 scale nice quality VF-1 kit was to buy the Club M/Yellow Submarine garage kit. Same as the YF-19. YF-21, and the movie version SDF-1. Hasegawa has released plastic versions of all those kits now. If you want a fun challenge, go ahead and pick up one of the old resin kits. Thanks to Hasegawa, the prices on them have really nosedived from the original.

Liking the look of the VF2SS and the racer planes so I'm searching online at the moment. I play with explosives for a living so this is my calming pasttime. I will enjoy the challenge.

Edited by NZEOD

Oh, that was a recast? Damn! The instructions threw me. Blanking out the link now.

Is a recast a bad thing?

Yeah recast is a bad thing imo. Basically buy a kit and them recast it off of the parts you did nothing to design. That seems to fit the classification of "Bootlegging" especially if you are selling it at a profit.

NZEOD, you should try a simple resin model. They're different because of the material. They usually cover less popular versions of models. Bubbles can be an issue on lower quality kits, but a simple one is a good way to break into them. They just need good a good parts degreasing and superglue. If it turns out bad, "practice" on it at the range!

Recasts are simply copied work from someone else, piracy. It's stealing and it happened to some of our members so it's a touchy subject. I'd hate for someone to copy my stuff and take credit for it or profit off it myself. Welcome aboard by the way! - MT

Thanks for the welcome and yeah, I'm VERY familiar with having my work ripped off with graphic design work I do on weapons and race bikes/cars. Can be infuriating.