What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

While I'd love a Bandai DX VF-11B Super, VF-11C Super and VF-11C Full Armored, I think the chance is very small.

Somewhat more realistically (maybe 😅), I'm hoping for at least a few of the following to be released by Bandai in 2024:

• DX 1/60 VF-31AX Arad.
  • DX 1/60 VF-31AX Chuck
  • DX 1/60 Tornado Pack Reissue for VF-25F Alto.
  • DX 1/60 Tornado Pack Reissue for VF-25G Michael.
  • DX 1/60 VF-25S Ozma Reissue with Armored pack.
  • DX 1/60 SV-303 Vivasat (one can hope). ❤️
  • HMR Destroid Tomahawk.
  • HMR Destroid Phalanx.
  • HMR Nousjadeul-Ger (DYRL version). 
  • HMR VF-17S and VF-17D (my favorite VF from 1994 to 2008).
  • DX 1/48 VT-1 Super Ostrich.
  • DX 1/48 VE-1 Elint Seeker.
  • DX 1/48 VF-1A Cannon Fodder,
  • DX 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL).
  • DX 1/48 VF-1A or S Max (DYRL).
  • DX 1/60 YF-30 Chronos Reissue (mine became so yellowed 😭).
  • DX 1/60 VF-22S Max.
  • DX 1/60 SV-262Hs Mirage or Bogue Red Knight.

3 hours ago, snakerbot said:

This is my #1 wish from Bandai right now. I love that design so much.

It is definitely such a unique variable drone that drips menace…..I agree that Bandai needs to make it!

Twich

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Can't stop humming everytime I see the SDF-1...

MAKUROS. MAKUROS. TAN TAN TAN TAN TAN. MAKUROOOOOSSS. ;) 

If Bandai make the SDF-1 TV version toy, then the shoulder rail guns better be able to hinge downwards in Cruiser mode, so I can recreate the iconic Yoshiyuki Takani art. 😅

This is probably my all-time favorite piece of his artwork. 

unnamed.jpg

19 hours ago, Graham said:

While I'd love a Bandai DX VF-11B Super, VF-11C Super and VF-11C Full Armored, I think the chance is very small.

Somewhat more realistically (maybe 😅), I'm hoping for at least a few of the following to be released by Bandai in 2024:

• DX 1/60 VF-31AX Arad. 
  • DX 1/60 VF-31AX Chuck
  • DX 1/60 Tornado Pack Reissue for VF-25F Alto.
  • DX 1/60 Tornado Pack Reissue for VF-25G Michael.
  • DX 1/60 VF-25S Ozma Reissue with Armored pack. <-- scalper target to no end.
  • DX 1/60 SV-303 Vivasat (one can hope). ❤️< -- maybe. if bandai decides to invest in a new mold? not much chance for variants though so very iffy.
  • HMR Destroid Tomahawk. <--likely but what do i know
  • HMR Destroid Phalanx. <--likely but what do i know
  • HMR Nousjadeul-Ger (DYRL version).  <--unlikely cos well...the destroids will take its place 🤭
  • HMR VF-17S and VF-17D (my favorite VF from 1994 to 2008). <-- i would like this!
  • DX 1/48 VT-1 Super Ostrich.
  • DX 1/48 VE-1 Elint Seeker.
  • DX 1/48 VF-1A Cannon Fodder,
  • DX 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL).
  • DX 1/48 VF-1A or S Max (DYRL).
  • DX 1/60 YF-30 Chronos Reissue (mine became so yellowed 😭). <-- unless there is a game relaunch...no marketing tie-in for it?
  • DX 1/60 VF-22S Max.
  • DX 1/60 SV-262Hs Mirage or Bogue Red Knight.

some of my thoughts..

For HMR am wanting a HMR frontier most of all. But HMR M7 would also do nicely...

18 minutes ago, MKT said:

And the wait for the HMR Tomahawk & Phalanx continues... I want to say the other released HMR Destroids will be well yellowed before we ever get to complete the whole squad, but thankfully they have very little whites on them.

It's concerning this time round there's no displayed prototypes of them... 

1 hour ago, Raikkonen said:

It's concerning this time round there's no displayed prototypes of them... 

You are right, they seem almost downgraded to vapourware again? Also none of the Delta items they showed last year in sight..  

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

lol...so many new macross products...all revealed before the live stream...

HMR M7 sound force, VF-0A w ghost, YF-21 DX, VF-1 Super Ostrich...i dont think there will be anything else in the live stream......

True, Just hope the live stream can be watched outside of Japan or someone can grab it and repost for the rest of the world! 🤔

1 hour ago, grogall said:

True, Just hope the live stream can be watched outside of Japan or someone can grab it and repost for the rest of the world! 🤔

Videos from Youtube Macross channel generally open for global viewing a few hours after it's streamed. 

Otherwise is there a specific Tamashi stream? 

Edit: The stream today appears to be solely focused on the shooting insight game.

image.png.19aced595ddb85e456c3b1e65c350531.png

Edited by Raikkonen

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

lol...so many new macross products...all revealed before the live stream...

HMR M7 sound force, VF-0A w ghost, YF-21 DX, VF-1 Super Ostrich...i dont think there will be anything else in the live stream......

You forgot the ultra limited editions only available to one person in whole of Japan via lottery. 🤣

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Live..talking abt gundam at the mo..think the vf-1s portion is region locked..

Viewable here via this link... https://tigmedia.jp/live/watch?id=d8d7e0368eda9f95089a&ta_tag=tw

But just finished.

Edit: Full video now plays in above link, but nothing new revealed. Just chatted what is displayed. 

Edited by Raikkonen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 9:49 AM, Spark-O-Matic said:

I'd like to see a DX 1/48 in an all clear version with a full inner frame all around. Maybe go so far as an Xrayed version of the pilot to go with it.

I'd expect KC to be more adventurous than Bandai on that, but I'd love it. I usually always go for a transparent version of a model if it becomes available.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing images and line art of the VF-2JA recently makes me really want it to be released in the HMR line. The VF-2SS may have sort of bombed a bit upon on release, but secondary market prices have finally turned the corner not long ago and are now trending upwards quite a bit... as with the VF-2SS releases, I will easily buy multiples.