What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

At the moment, the only way to have Zentraedi ships will mostly be resin kits and 3D prints, and something I try to avoid as much as possible due to limited paint skills. 

Now that there's ceasefire between BW & HG, I wish a company like Eaglemoss would take the mantle to produce all the Zentraedi & other capital ships in Macross universe just like what they do with other franchises. Don't mind if the scale would be pretty small, but it will be fantastic to have representations of all them. 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You want people to get tired of buying VF-1's and at the same time you also wonder why they're buying Delta VF's? Ever thought that maybe they're tired of VF-1's that's why they're buying Delta Valks instead? Or maybe they just want to have every Valk from the franchise?

Also, it doesn't stop me from getting VF-2SS and VF-11C even though I'm not a big fan of Macross II and Macross 7. Or maybe some of us here just like planes that transforms even though the show they featured on is crap.

But then, I only buy Valks that I only like. ;) 

I would like  people to wake up and stop giving rewards to shows that don't deserve it. And that goes for a lot of recent anime, especially the classics that have been reboot/revisited in the last few years. It's really hard for me to understand why collectors buy toys/model kits from shows they don't like or they never watched. I always felt the need to have some kind of connection to the shows i buy toys from.Otherwise to me they are just a piece of plastic/metal. You watched the show, you liked it and then you want the toys. That's how it always worked for me. I respect the choices of everyone but it does surprise me how many people don't care about the actual animation production and just buy the toys. And this goes, as i said before, for many classic japanese animation franchise, that in the last couple of decades, in my opinion, have been ruined also by this kind of marketing strategy. 

Edited by Ryoma

14 hours ago, lechuck said:

Alright then, here is what is going to get announced:

• Metal Structure 1/24 VF-1S and separate SSP add on pack (Aug. 110k JPY / Dec. 30k JPY)
  • S.H. Figuarts Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee in Bikini (Apr. 9000 JPY / Aug. 8000 JPY)
  • Robot Spirits VF-25F and -25S (Mar. and Jul. 7000 JPY)
  • DX Chogokin VF-19 Kai (Sep. 24k JPY)
  • Hi-Metal R+ 1/72 VF-1J (Nov. 14000 JPY)
  • Soul of Popynica 1/1200 TV SDF Macross (Oct. 70k JPY)
  • Metal Build VF-0S (Dec. 17000 JPY)

2022 is going to be so damn epic! :D

What makes you say that? 🙄

The SDF is the only notable here. Looks like another drab year with no Zentraedi releases.

18 hours ago, Ryoma said:

It's really hard for me to understand why collectors buy toys/model kits from shows they don't like or they never watched.

My love of mecha does not require your understanding.;)

Edited by sqidd

7 hours ago, Ryoma said:

It's really hard for me to understand why collectors buy toys/model kits from shows they don't like or they never watched.

As a modeler I can answer the model kit question:

1. Death-Machines are cool [especially if they don't really exist and therefore can't actually harm anyone].

2. Mechanical design [particularly, in my case, involving aircraft] is more art than anything ever produced by, say, Jackson Pollock for example. [and that's, like, my opinion man :lol:]

3. If the show sucks [for whatever reason], but the Mechs or vehicles are cool/interesting that's enough to interest me in the design.

Cases-in-point: Star Trek Discovery SUCKS and should be purged from the collective memory of Humanity... but their re-imagined Enterprise was cool enough that I picked up one of the kits.

I've never seen "the Wandering Earth" but if I ever needed a Super-Heavy Truck model for something, this would be one of my first choices.

8 hours ago, Ryoma said:

It's really hard for me to understand why collectors buy toys/model kits from shows they don't like or they never watched. I always felt the need to have some kind of connection to the shows i buy toys from.Otherwise to me they are just a piece of plastic/metal. You watched the show, you liked it and then you want the toys. That's how it always worked for me. I respect the choices of everyone but it does surprise me how many people don't care about the actual animation production and just buy the toys. 

I am among those that don't care much for the path Macross has taken, story-wise...however, I collect the VF's because I still enjoy the evolution of Kawamori's original VF design...some are better than others and I still hold the VF-1 as my favorite....I'll continue to get the latest VF toys for the foreseeable future...again, not because I particularly liked the shows released since SDFM/DYRL, but because I enjoy collecting the mecha, which is mostly in the form of new VF designs

19 hours ago, Ryoma said:

I also wonder how come people are so eager to buy VF from crappy shows like delta. 

While I have zero interest in Macross Delta and the faster we put it behind us the better, the mecha in the series does look cool and if the VF-31A got a reissue with matching armor I'd be on board. 

A LOT of people do not like Macross II for similar reasons, however is Arcadia or Bandai produced a 1/60 VF-2SS+SAP & VF-2JA, PO night would be nuts. 

In other words you can dislike the series/story itself but still find the toys, model kits & figures appealing. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Damn, I didn’t know there was a woke Macross collecting movement too. 🤣

I buy Macross toys because I’m intrigued by the designs and especially the Gerwalk modes. All iterations of Valkyries are interesting and worth collecting to me. The original Chunky is the best toy ever made period imo and I love seeing how other versions of them have come out since and most of those are definitely worth collecting too. It just so happens I like all the media as well but I’m not dependent on any particular scene or bound to toys that must slavishly match every detail I see in them to be happy. 

11 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Course there is, their the ones who just want idols. And no Zentraedi stuff eva- they've all been pre-cancelled.😖

You know what honestly? There should be a Macross Idol/Waifu thread for all the collector’s (just rename the figures thread already). :D

19 hours ago, MKT said:

At the moment, the only way to have Zentraedi ships will mostly be resin kits and 3D prints, and something I try to avoid as much as possible due to limited paint skills. 

Now that there's ceasefire between BW & HG, I wish a company like Eaglemoss would take the mantle to produce all the Zentraedi & other capital ships in Macross universe just like what they do with other franchises. Don't mind if the scale would be pretty small, but it will be fantastic to have representations of all them. 

From what i understand, BW still has a distrust working with companies outside japan. 
But yeah a mini collection of zentradi battleships would be damm cool. 

16 minutes ago, seti88 said:

From what i understand, BW still has a distrust working with companies outside japan. 
But yeah a mini collection of zentradi battleships would be damm cool. 

They should release the Zentradi ships via their MegaHouse Cosmo Fleet Collection line like the one below.

meg81338.png.01c9fb2f33c89df814ed3c789bd62e27.png

But before that, they should make a Cosmo Fleet SDF-1 DYRL Version first to display it with the previous SDF-1 TV figure below.

10356310a18.jpg.25b0b2e53b3b87b2f25eb7a6ac49e238.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

They should release the Zentradi ships via their MegaHouse Cosmo Fleet Collection line like the one below.

But before that, they should make a Cosmo Fleet SDF-1 DYRL Version first to display it with the previous SDF-1 TV figure below.

Yeah megahouse could do the zentradi battlefleet.

They would have to revisit the pricing/scale. To be in scale with the SDF-1 TV, the zentran ships would cost a bomb, not to mention hard to display.

If would be nice as well to have mini vf-1 fleets to go with em eh.. 

I primarily buy robot toys because I appreciate the mechanical design. If the attached media is good it is an added bonus.

While I respect the notion that you have to like the characters the merch is representing there are collectors with other preferences out there. And it is not limited to toy collectors. I think you would have a hard time finding someone who likes the Mona Lisa because he is a fan of the person depicted in the painting.

That said, I want a: DX Elysion, a DX VF-2SS and a VF-1S Max Custom to be announced.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yeah megahouse could do the zentradi battlefleet.

They would have to revisit the pricing/scale. To be in scale with the SDF-1 TV, the zentran ships would cost a bomb, not to mention hard to display.

I went and purchased the 3D Zentraedi prints from the artist on FB/Deviantart. I'm definitely going big with them regardless.

The only problem has been finding a local 3d print place that can do quality  prints.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

would be nice as well to have mini vf-1 fleets to go with em eh.. 

You mean mini Gnerl and Regult squadrons right? 😇

26 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

I went and purchased the 3D Zentraedi prints from the artist on FB/Deviantart. I'm definitely going big with them regardless.

The only problem has been finding a local 3d print place that can do quality  prints.

Cool, thats one approach to scratch the itch. What scale are they meant for? Any links?

27 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

You mean mini Gnerl and Regult squadrons right? 😇

image1.jpg.c0b6985062a214260f482bfce331e340.jpg

🤣🤣🤧

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Cool, thats one approach to scratch the itch. What scale are they meant for? Any links?

image1.jpg.c0b6985062a214260f482bfce331e340.jpg

🤣🤣🤧

Asgard-knight.deviantart.com

The artist is Hielo Metalico on FB.

Don't know about scale, but I either want a 60 or 90 cm long Nupetiet-Vergnitz(And I've seen some fans in South America pull large prints off). Other ships in scale to that but also larger versions.

For example; An in scale Tou Redir would be a bit small, so I also want to have larger versions printed.

Edited by Podtastic

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Asgard-knight.deviantart.com

The artist is Hielo Metalico on FB.

Don't know about scale, but I either want a 60 or 90 cm long Nupetiet-Vergnitz(And I've seen some fans in South America pull large prints off). Other ships in scale to that but also larger versions.

For example; An in scale Tou Redir would be a bit small, so I also want to have larger versions printed.

Thanks, i think i have visited asgard-knight's site before when exploring 3d printing.

On the scale front, if the prints can also scale-down for micro fleets, to sustain enough detail to avoid looking blob-like, then that may make it viable for toy companies to go full on with fleet releases. 

A 60-90cm long Nupetiet-Vergnitz toy release will definitely cost a bomb , so alternatively is to go down micro, but sample resolutions may suffer.

More for a discussion in the modelling workshop threads i think.

Back to bandai, maybe a while till we see zentran fleet toy releases..

Spoiler

Edited by seti88

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nope. Not cheap. They still didn't include YF-21. :aggressive:

Not cheap to us but cheap to bandai as per their cost of paint :lol:

Yeah pretty bummed they didnt include the YF-21. The one i really wanted...

MAYBE BANDAI TOT A FULL BLUE VALK WOULD BE TOO MUCH BLUE IN THE LINEUP.

Hahaha...:crazy:

Edited by seti88

Does anyone else think, that since Bandai made this new emblem to signify world wide releases that we will also see a world wide release of a YF/VF-19 and a VF-31 to go along with the VF-25F that we are getting?  I would be excited if we did!

Twich