What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

4 hours ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

Top Priority 3:

Chogokin 1/48 - VT-1 Super Ostritch (DYRL)

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1A Hikaru

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL) STRIKE reissue with alternate black heat shield

Nice list! At the top of 1:48 DX Chogokin list is your namesake: DX VF-1A TV Kakizaki B))

After that, my TV collection will be complete.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Nice list! At the top of 1:48 DX Chogokin list is your namesake: DX VF-1A TV Kakizaki B))

We're talking about Bandai here. The company that never finishes a set.:(

Customers : "You're only one away!"

Bandai : "Perfect"

everytime this thread pops to the top i wish for bandai to release more HMR destroids and zentran mecha.  this time i'll add Vf-1S MAX from DYRL. 

bandai has released the dyrl hikaru, the dyrl kakizaki....could they just give us the max already.  i'm fine using tv roy to fake dyrl roy too at that point. haha

8 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i wish for bandai to release more HMR destroids and zentran mecha. 

+ 1 googolplex

The top priority Chogokin for me is still the TV Queadluun-Rau.

But both the DYRL Nousjadeul-ger  and the Queadluun-Rau would absolutely rock as HMR as well.😁

Edited by Podtastic

18 hours ago, technoblue said:

Thanks...

Hayao isn't my favorite character, I decided to go with him because I typically get scoffed more times than I'd like...and I love to eat! haha

8 hours ago, Podtastic said:

+ 1 googolplex

The top priority Chogokin for me is still the TV Queadluun-Rau.

But both the DYRL Nousjadeul-ger  and the Queadluun-Rau would absolutely rock as HMR as well.😁

These would also be fantastic to see!

Meanwhile, in our collecting experiences, I think,..many companies seldom complete the lines to make money.

I just want them to finish and release their YF-21. After that, it'd be nice to see Chogokin versions of other lesser known valks, like the VF-9, VF-5000, VF-14, or a Variable Glaug. Give the old VF-1 a rest for awhile.

I'd be down for a DX VF-4 if Bandai gave it articulated shoulders. I've always thought the immovable shoulders on the Yammie, beautiful toy that it is, was a bit hindering to a combat mech. Yamato also made their battroid's legs longer and thinner than the original lineart would suggest to favor the fighter mode. I'd love to see Bandai do a take strictly working from the lineart's proportions for a shorter, stockier battroid. The VF-4 has one of my favorite battroid modes, and I'd love a more art-faithful toy of it, with lots of articulation, b/c I'm greedy like that.:p

I'm hoping that the YF-21 gets the same treatment as the YF-19 and that Bandia and Arcadia both get a chance to improve on the older Yamato designs. I think everyone wins in that scenario, but Bandai certainly has a significant head start with the prototype that got good visibility here some years ago.

With the release of the DX Chogokin VF-1D, I'm probably done collecting Macross stuff. But there are a few ways Bandai might entice me back for another round . . .

- Finish the Hi-Metal Destroids

- Hi-Metal Q-rau, Millia colors, TV style

- DX Chogokin SDF-1 Macross, TV style (How the hell has this not happened yet?)

1 hour ago, Californium said:

They're secretly working on its development and will be released to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the SDFM series premiere. You heard it here first!

2 hours ago, Californium said:

We'll, I commissioned someone to do a bunch of modifications to the old school Matchbox unit (and I mean a LOT) and then custom paint it. As soon as it's done Bandai will release a TV SDF1.

You're welcome.:D

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

We'll, I commissioned someone to do a bunch of modifications to the old school Matchbox unit (and I mean a LOT) and then custom paint it. As soon as it's done Bandai will release a TV SDF1.

Lol. Thanks 😝

Just now, Podtastic said:

Because its newer it must be better. Because its current it must sell.

Marketing and trending, they can have a strong influence on the weak minded.🤪

Not to mention the reason macross (or movie franchises) exist.....to sell merchandise....😁😄

1333323013_images(1).jpg.f308977c5442a9db57dea7052f461d93.jpg

17 hours ago, sqidd said:

Thank you for your service!

This is truly a newb question: 

What events and when if annually, announce the upcoming releases? Other franchises (American) showcase them through ToyFair, and ComicCon. I see Tamashii will be in New York in a couple of days for ComicCon, I think. But are there other sources to get news of what is around the corner. Many overseas keep up with magazines but I am without this resource and US Google doesn't help much. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

What events and when if annually, announce the upcoming releases? Other franchises (American) showcase them through ToyFair, and ComicCon. I see Tamashii will be in New York in a couple of days for ComicCon, I think. But are there other sources to get news of what is around the corner. Many overseas keep up with magazines but I am without this resource and US Google doesn't help much. 

Thank you

Just follow Macrossworld for the scoops! :rolleyes:

Event wise, due to the HG/BW situation, Macross showcases, are mainly centered around toy fair events in JP. So, July and Oct/Nov for TN. 
Am not sure if that changes soon with the HG/BW so called peace treaty, but bandai doesnt seem to be playing along those new lines yet. 

2 hours ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

Thank you

Just follow Macrossworld for the scoops! :rolleyes:

Event wise, due to the HG/BW situation, Macross showcases, are mainly centered around toy fair events in JP. So, July and Oct/Nov for TN. 
Am not sure if that changes soon with the HG/BW so called peace treaty, but bandai doesnt seem to be playing along those new lines yet.