What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

I have actually considered that, but I have a hard time buying a transforming toy that I'm never going to transform. I actually really like the 262's design, all three modes, but I'm still not sold on it.

I bet it'd look really good next to my 31F though....

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

I have actually considered that, but I have a hard time buying a transforming toy that I'm never going to transform. I actually really like the 262's design, all three modes, but I'm still not sold on it...

I bet it'd look really good next to my 31F though.

Of course. ;)

Messer and Keith confrontation from the Delta Series continues at your display case! 

On 6/17/2020 at 9:28 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

I really want that DX YF-21. Hope they fix the belly flaps first. 

I hope for a good YF-21 but I don't know looking at the prototypes displayed. Do you think it's just the belly flaps that need to be fixed? I feel the proportions in general aren't right.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:02 AM, jeniusornome said:

I have actually considered that, but I have a hard time buying a transforming toy that I'm never going to transform. I actually really like the 262's design, all three modes, but I'm still not sold on it.

I bet it'd look really good next to my 31F though....

Since Keith's Sv-262 still going for below retail these days, now is the best time to get one! Once stock slowly dries up, then prices will just go north like any other previous 'less desirable' Macross DX Chogokins.. Even if other Sv-262 variants come out one day, Keith's still a unique mold.. 

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

I hope for a good YF-21 but I don't know looking at the prototypes displayed. Do you think it's just the belly flaps that need to be fixed? I feel the proportions in general aren't right.

I think it's the main issue for me. 

The other pics seem to be at angles that distort some of the proportions.  There's a video or two floating around and it looks pretty good overall.  We'll see what happens.

Eh, it's not perfect, but assuming what we see is fully transformable, and has all the appropriate accessories (fast packs, guns), I'd buy what they already showed.  

The fact that they didn't show any accessories lends credence to the idea that they are in fact still working on the mold.  I do hope they improve it before retail, but I'm pretty impressed with what we've already seen.

She's got a fat ass but I still like it :D

I think the consensus was that the Yamato looked better in fighter and the DX looked better in battroid except the belly flaps and maybe something about the arms.  I think it looks pretty good. 

The HMR prototype looked excellent as well and I would buy 4-5 copies if/when they are released.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

She's got a fat ass but I still like it :D

I think the consensus was that the Yamato looked better in fighter and the DX looked better in battroid except the belly flaps and maybe something about the arms.  I think it looks pretty good. 

The HMR prototype looked excellent as well and I would buy 4-5 copies if/when they are released.

I've got a few Yamato 21's so I'm not dying for the DX. But, if they nail Battroid and Gerwalk I will be very excited. The Yamato nailed Fighter. Between the two I think we may have a shot at having something that looks great in all three modes. Fingers crossed.

And yes, more HMR's please!

On 6/17/2020 at 1:07 AM, twich said:

I am wondering if Bandai is holding off on Macross Delta toys for the release of the next movie where we have at least one new Valkyrie, and if the second Frontier movie is an indication, the add on to existing products, maybe even the SV-262Ba DX toy we all want and a rerelease of the lil darken set?

People actually want Delta toys?

With VF-1S roy taking the November slot, there goes the chances for a YF-21 or GBP release this year...

not exactly complaining...i can wait...

most likely we will see updated news for the 21/GBP during this october's tamashii nations...

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

With VF-1S roy taking the November slot, there goes the chances for a YF-21 or GBP release this year...

not exactly complaining...i can wait...

most likely we will see updated news for the 21/GBP during this october's tamashii nations...

I don't think either is really a surprise. Ignoring the pandemic which certainly slowed things down, we've never seen a physical prototype of the GBP and the YF-21 we saw stated there would be revisions so it wasn't a finalized design either. I really do hope we see both in their final form in October, that would make for a pretty good show. 

Hoping for a VF-11B with Fast Packs and maybe a VF-11C variant with some tweaks in the mold design since we are at there.

Hopefully bandai will also consider doing the M7 variants in particular the VF-19 and VF-17

Last but not least for the 1/48 DX line, a VF-1S Minmay Guard as a tamashii exclusive would be a nice addition to top things off

6 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Really wish Bandai would announce an Arad Molders VF-31 Kairos also. 

Well... Guess what??

You're going to wait for the official announcement from Bandai on when are they going to make a Arad 31a with the Dragonhead Itasha.

You think that Bandai is going to drop everything and say " F*** the DX VF-1 lineup and the DX YF-21. Where going to make the rest of Delta series" just to make you happy??  

That is true @jenius, however @HayateAltoHunter has no patience at all..

Doesn't the addage go like this "Patience is a Vertue" and we try to practice it, however some have less tolerance than others. 

Cue up the song: "Blame it (on the Alcohol)" - written by Jammie Foxx (ft. T-pain) :lol:   

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I don't think either is really a surprise. Ignoring the pandemic which certainly slowed things down, we've never seen a physical prototype of the GBP and the YF-21 we saw stated there would be revisions so it wasn't a finalized design either. I really do hope we see both in their final form in October, that would make for a pretty good show. 

True, let’s hope bandai has more to show. Arad’s armor parts last August were the last macross product with a new mold, so the product team should have lots of time to come up with something new.

and hope working from home hasn’t made any designs worse...heh!

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Well... Guess what??

You're going to wait for the official announcement from Bandai on when are they going to make a Arad 31a with the Dragonhead Itasha.

You think that Bandai is going to drop everything and say " F*** the DX VF-1 lineup and the DX YF-21. Where going to make the rest of Delta series" just to make you happy??  

Geez. Isn’t this a “wish list” thread? I just wish it got made at some point, nothing to do with patience or anything. 
But don’t worry. No more wish postings coming from me. 

32 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Geez. Isn’t this a “wish list” thread? I just wish it got made at some point, nothing to do with patience or anything. 
But don’t worry. No more wish postings coming from me. 

Not to be snarky.. You can still post your wishes, however there is a disclaimer on my behalf. 

If you guys see anything in blue text from me, don't take it too hard. Just trying to brake the fourth wall here as it can get really stale.  

Apologies on my behalf if you took it the wrong way @HayateAltoHunter

Edit: Based on @Lolicon's write up, it's going to be a while before be get anything from the Delta series again for the second movie.  

Edited by borgified

• 2 weeks later...