What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

upon further reflection, I would like to see Bandai do a DX Chogokin VF-4A.  So not base it on their Hi Metal R design, but do their own thing and maybe make it a little bit more posable!  I am excited for a DX Chogokin VF-19Kai Fire Valk.  Wouldn't mind a VF-19S, VF-17S and VF-11C.  Also, do the tamponed printing thing of all the details plus some to better the Premium Finish models of the Arcadia Valkyries.  I would like to see some competition so that maybe Arcadia will be a little more affordable.  I know that Arcadia is a small company and is doing all this as love of the content and the fan, but it is nigh on impossible to find the YF-19 Full Set Pack, and looks like they are having breakages.  I would like to get a lot more Valkyrie toys, but I have to be so selective due to price, that I want the biggest bang for my buck!  I do have an old Yamato YF-19 Bird of Prey, that still is sitting in Battroid mode, and it looks great, but would really like to get so many more Arcadia toys without having to spend a small fortune, or sell off my first born son, to afford it.

Twich

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The only upcoming DXs are reissues. Nothing new but HMR. <_<

On the upside, I'm saving a lot of money having no new valks to buy for a long while!

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Bandai losing their DX mojo?😄

Seems to suit them just fine to milk molds that are probably past their prime, resulting in toys with increasing numbers of issues.

Either that or the factories they're using in China are just getting increasingly worse.

35 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Seems to suit them just fine to milk molds that are probably past their prime, resulting in toys with increasing numbers of issues.

Either that or the factories they're using in China are just getting increasingly worse.

I don't think molds deteriorating can fully account for the nonsense I've seen in the past couple of releases I got.  We're talking mis-drilled pinholes, and cockeyed assemblies that leave valks barely able to transform correctly.  The molds aren't getting any younger, but I think there's a pretty severe shortage of skilled labor, across many industries.

21 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't think molds deteriorating can fully account for the nonsense I've seen in the past couple of releases I got.  We're talking mis-drilled pinholes, and cockeyed assemblies that leave valks barely able to transform correctly.  The molds aren't getting any younger, but I think there's a pretty severe shortage of skilled labor, across many industries.

Like I said. either the molds or the factories they're using are getting increasingly sh@#$y

... most likely a combination of both. Things don't fit as well or as tightly as the earlier releases due to degradation, but also missing glue, broken parts out of the box, misassembly, missing parts, etc.

Now that these are world wide releases, I wonder if they're considering the feedback from customers outside of Japan or if it just goes into the trash, completely ignored. 

Edited by MacrossJunkie

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Most likely Bandai switching factories in China and lack of Japanese staff overseeing production on the main land.  Prior to the pandemic, they released a Tamashii Nations video touting the extreme quality control that went into every release (ha!), but with the pandemic, I am pretty sure they would want their employees travelling to China to oversee the production lines.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:22 PM, no3Ljm said:

Since the rest of the Vermillion Squad will be released, how about a clear/transparent Arcade Scene set of VF-1A?

Surprised the Fandom hasn't come up with an answer for this one yet. And if we can get a back story on this guy in the background... That would be great, He looks like an interesting character.

RandomWhiteEyes.PNG

Edited by scand

17 minutes ago, scand said:

Surprised the Fandom hasn't come up with an answer for this one yet. And if we can get a back story on this guy in the background... That would be great, He looks like an interesting character.

RandomWhiteEyes.PNG

I'm guessing that's Andre The Giant since he's friends with Shohei Baba (aka Giant Baba), who's standing on his left. ;) 

image.png.a529d4080cd607f2b0f765af435646d5.png

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm guessing that's Andre The Giant since he's friends with Shohei Baba (aka Giant Baba), who's standing on his left. ;) 

image.png.a529d4080cd607f2b0f765af435646d5.png

Ahhh! That's cool.  I knew it couldn't be some random. Wasn't there other "Cameos" as well?

Edited by scand

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Was there a thread where more of these characters were identified? Definitely not a typical arcade crowd. White guy in a three piece suit?

Yeah, I think the guy that got decapitated in DYRL was someone special they drew in.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

HMR Tomahawk

HMR Phalanx

HMR Regult Scout

HMR TV Queadluun-Rau

HMR DYRL Queadluun-Rau

HMR DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger

HMR VF-0A

HMR VF-0 Reactive Armor

DX VF-1A TV Kakizaki

DX YF-21

I would be on board for most of these, but add the DX VF-19Kai Fire Valk and Hi Metal R VF-19 Kai Fire Valk and others from Macross 7.

Twich

• 1 month later...

Why not make it a Christmas pair with DX YF-21?!?!?! 

(if this goes well, maybe it might make the YF-21 a little bit more of a reality?)

5 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Why not make it a Christmas pair with DX YF-21?!?!?! 

(if this goes well, maybe it might make the YF-21 a little bit more of a reality?)

A double DX feature month would seem a stretch for bandai, since so far their product releases for macross are mostly 1 per month.

Which i think has to do with the high pricing of macross merch.

Besides they wouldn't want other releases taking any thunder of any 21 releases.

Since the upcoming yf-19 release has mention of a 30th anniversary M+ in 2024, next year would be a nice bet for a 21.

which the 21 release ball was totally missed in 2021, no thanks to the pandemic.

Edited by seti88

On 5/23/2023 at 3:22 PM, no3Ljm said:

Since the rest of the Vermillion Squad will be released, how about a clear/transparent Arcade Scene set of VF-1A?

The dolts at the Macross Wish Fullfilment Realm totally screwed up your wish! :p

MM%20AA-1000x1000.jpg

Still.....they are only listening to you...so hurry up and wish for more stuff!!!

On 6/30/2023 at 9:37 AM, jvmacross said:

The dolts at the Macross Wish Fullfilment Realm totally screwed up your wish! :p

Still.....they are only listening to you...so hurry up and wish for more stuff!!!

i wish upon a star...i wish for HMR Macross frontier...🤞

bandai: here ya go...with the sticker price of a 1/60 frontier DX.

😪dont blame bandai...its inflation.😪

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cheemingwan1234 said:

Fingers crossed that they're putting the VF-19Kai and YF-21 for next year.

Bandai will probably release VF-19Kai Q3/Q4 of next year in celebration of Macross 7 30th Anniversary.

YF-21 on the other hand is probably in its final design stage. Maybe they will put it for PO towards late November or sometime in December/January.