What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

9 hours ago, twich said:

Does anyone else think, that since Bandai made this new emblem to signify world wide releases that we will also see a world wide release of a YF/VF-19 and a VF-31 to go along with the VF-25F that we are getting?  I would be excited if we did!

Twich

I passed on the VF-25, but would have PO'd a YF-19 in the "WWM" colors...it has a Double Nuts look to it......but I think the chances are slim.....it would make more sense for Bandai to just release the other 2 in standard colors for max profitability...especially the YF-19 with it coinciding with the first WWM film release....I'm curious how quickly they will get to it's release though and whether or not it will actually be available for purchase/PO via non-Japanese retailers?

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Hoping Bandai releases the DX SV-303 as a WWM release.....but I'll be there for PO Madness if required...

A WWM release should be a helpful boost in demand for a non-hero valk such as this. Alien/experimental/non-traditional valks always have their share of detractors.

Am really interested to see how bandai would pull off the tampo. This valk is a good candidate for glow in the dark tampo's, but bandai needs to pull it off well. As also a carefully chosen UV light source..

Example like the recently released IM neon tech 4..

Imagine that on a macross valk! :rolleyes:

Edited by seti88

28 minutes ago, seti88 said:

A WWM release should be a helpful boost in demand for a non-hero valk such as this. Alien/experimental/non-traditional valks always have their share of detractors.

Am really interested to see how bandai would pull off the tampo. This valk is a good candidate for glow in the dark tampo's, but bandai needs to pull it off well. As also a carefully chosen UV light source..

Example like the recently released IM neon tech 4..

Imagine that on a macross valk! :rolleyes:

If Bandai can pull off all the crazy tampo on the SV-262...they can surely do the SV-303 justice....it'll be a very unique looking VF that's for sure...sort of has a M0 "Bird Human" vibe to it...with that big cyclop head

5y6w9b.jpg

On 11/22/2021 at 2:55 AM, seti88 said:

Likely not 2022, since it wasnt even promoted/mentioned in this years TN event. 

Who knows though.

I don't know why they take such an excrutiatingly long time to release Zentraedi stuff they tease. If you tease something it should be close to release to capitalise on the enthusiasm, not yahrens later after everyone is annoyed by your vapourware posts.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If Bandai can pull off all the crazy tampo on the SV-262...they can surely do the SV-303 justice....it'll be a very unique looking VF that's for sure...sort of has a M0 "Bird Human" vibe to it...with that big cyclop head

5y6w9b.jpg

😄 we are pawns between kawamori-sans fantastical designs and bandai’s slow and steady price grinds...🤪

5 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I don't know why they take such an excrutiatingly long time to release Zentraedi stuff they tease. If you tease something it should be close to release to capitalise on the enthusiasm, not yahrens later after everyone is annoyed by your vapourware posts.

Cos they make you want it, dream abt it...and then when they release it, slap you across the face with a mighty yen sticker...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a DX TV Kaki just so the Vermilion Squad can be closed out. Come on Bandai, you never close anything out. Can we at least get this one done?

And the missing HMR Destroids (especially the Tomahawk). It would be really nice to close those out too.

After that I don't care that much. Some more DYRL VF-1's would be nice. Or TV M&M's.

All this time that this picture has been around and I never saw the VF-27 in the back ground, it is hard to tell, but I wonder about the VF-25. I know they did the VF100 line with the VF-25, but those are primitive by HMR standards…..one can hope!

Twich

7 hours ago, twich said:

All this time that this picture has been around and I never saw the VF-27 in the back ground, it is hard to tell, but I wonder about the VF-25. I know they did the VF100 line with the VF-25, but those are primitive by HMR standards…..one can hope!

Twich

The way bandai showed the vf-0 last year but no sign of any release dates for it, shows how much bandai are into HMR.

HMR MF for that matter would probably need to wait till HMR M0 gets out of the way first too...

With the 40th anniversary Dougram HMR releases being a thing, I was hoping we would have a hint to Bandai’s plan for some new Macross releases in anniversary packaging too but the silence on this point is nerve wracking.

Edited by technoblue

Not going to happen @Lolicon and @ValkAddict and I'll be honest (pardon my language usage here guys): Bandai loves to piss people off just like HT and screw us over. Multiple teases with nothing to show. 

Look at the Solo GBP teases with Roy's 1s and Max's 1a during the Haya Haya 31ax unveil. Requests for those units was there, Bandai says no. I get it as Bandai wants to "Meet the Brief" (Masterchef lingo here) and get feedback, however it's either you make too much of it and it sits on the shelf not making ROI. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We know that Bandai is pumping out new Delta stuff and the VF-1 stuff is on a standby for now, is anyone hoping that some of the M7 stuff will show up in ten years from now?  :unknw:

Honestly saying, some of us will be either fully retired (looking at you @davidwhangchoi) or near the semi-retirement age and getting or crack fixes from our capital reserve budget that we have squirrelled away in our younger years if where  smart enough to or use our grandkids’ future education funds for it. 😆

3 hours ago, borgified said:

We know that Bandai is pumping out new Delta stuff and the VF-1 stuff is on a standby for now, is anyone hoping that some of the M7 stuff will show up in ten years from now?  :unknw:

Honestly saying, some of us will be either fully retired (looking at you @davidwhangchoi) or near the semi-retirement age and getting or crack fixes from our capital reserve budget that we have squirrelled away in our younger years if where  smart enough to or use our grandkids’ future education funds for it. 😆

The second paragraph is more of me in the next few years before seeing myself buying M7 stuff. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, borgified said:

We know that Bandai is pumping out new Delta stuff and the VF-1 stuff is on a standby for now, is anyone hoping that some of the M7 stuff will show up in ten years from now?  

Pretty sure it will...the BW-HG deal should make Bandai want to consider releases from all Macross shows...but especially from non SDFM/DYRL shows...

Pretty sure Bandai will WWM all of the MF valks...plus the MD valks....the question is will they come up with a new DX VF-19 and other M7 valks or release them as HMR?  Guessing they will mod the YF-19/VF-19 Advance and call it a day....

On 5/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, Special Sauce said:

Damn I want this bastard!  Soooo pretty.

Forgive my ignorance if there's something closer, but is that design the closest Macross has come to the fictional MiG-31 Firefox? It surely looks inspired by it.

• 2 months later...

https://tamashii-nation.tamashiiweb.com/

upcoming TN2022 next Nov 18-20th in akihibara...

At TAMASHII NATION 2022, the first basement floor of Bellesalle Akihabara will be all in Macross World!

Woohoo Macross World!😂😅

There will be a dedicated macross floor! ..basement...nevertheless..a whole floor hopefully will be more chances of further new valks on the horizon...

macross merch wishlist time again....

I don't know... Almost half of what Bandai show for Macross these days turn out be blue balls items. Really takes you on high and lows..

Conversely, Arcadia hardly does that. What was the last item they majorly hinted or shown, but ultimately cancelled? Was it the VF-0 CF?