What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

3 hours ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

This is truly a newb question: 

What events and when if annually, announce the upcoming releases? Other franchises (American) showcase them through ToyFair, and ComicCon. I see Tamashii will be in New York in a couple of days for ComicCon, I think. But are there other sources to get news of what is around the corner. Many overseas keep up with magazines but I am without this resource and US Google doesn't help much. 

Thank you

like the upcoming movie...new trailer! posted in the movie section...

On 9/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, seti88 said:

Bandai...we are the tampo-kings!

Kawamori-san: Challenge accepted!!

E_kiUnxVgAQ1rrR.jpg.8c64bea25d44895e76c05d32a5ff52fe.jpg

Bandai: noooo...even the fingers need tampo?!?

siren5.jpg.f54e43404d9ce43bed22aa70afd69c71.jpg

Looks like DECEPTICON symbol on the shoulders? 🤣 Its not...but that would be a cool custom...

siren7.jpg.f49f26a32840118772541008f84d7c2d.jpg

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Just follow Macrossworld for the scoops! :rolleyes:

Event wise, due to the HG/BW situation, Macross showcases, are mainly centered around toy fair events in JP. So, July and Oct/Nov for TN. 
Am not sure if that changes soon with the HG/BW so called peace treaty, but bandai doesnt seem to be playing along those new lines yet. 

Thanks for the info Seti88! 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:35 AM, Kakizaki2021 said:

This is truly a newb question: 

What events and when if annually, announce the upcoming releases? Other franchises (American) showcase them through ToyFair, and ComicCon. I see Tamashii will be in New York in a couple of days for ComicCon, I think. But are there other sources to get news of what is around the corner. Many overseas keep up with magazines but I am without this resource and US Google doesn't help much. 

Thank you

On 10/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, seti88 said:

Just follow Macrossworld for the scoops! :rolleyes:

Event wise, due to the HG/BW situation, Macross showcases, are mainly centered around toy fair events in JP. So, July and Oct/Nov for TN. 
Am not sure if that changes soon with the HG/BW so called peace treaty, but bandai doesnt seem to be playing along those new lines yet. 

Guess what! It’s a slow melt...but bandai is breaking the ice...MACROSS at NYCC!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2021/10/07/it-looks-like-macross-toys-are-finally-coming-westward-and-fans-get-to-choose-which-ones/

Finally, the first baby steps towards getting Macross merch in the West! I guess these are showing at NY ComiCon, so that's a good indication, hopefully, of more to come. I also filled out Bandai's survey. I'm glad I've seen all the major series, as I was able to check off their entire list. Anyway, I'm hoping maybe the YF-21 will make an appearance at Toy fair in February. Tthat would be awesome, and hopefully usher in the end of midnight madness.

Good for those that filled out the survey. Don't know how if this will work out in Canada (if appoved) as there is also a batch if Macross fans up here as well. 

Will it be easier for us Canuckle Heads getting our needed DX crack fix? Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Good for those that filled out the survey. Don't know how if this will work out in Canada (if appoved) as there is also a batch if Macross fans up here as well. 

Will it be easier for us Canuckle Heads getting our needed DX crack fix? Time will tell. 

Lol, I filled out the survey, told them AJ and HLJ are good for Macross purchases, told them Nippon Yasan stole my money.

I know, totally unrelated, but figured it couldn't hurt for them to hear that.

Also asked for them to do an SDF1, a 1/48 VF-1A cannon fodder, low vis, also told them I wanted their 1/32 VF-1J prototype.....lol, it was like a list for Santa.  Unrealistic but fun :)

Requested that they sell any possible Macross toys through US stores and US online stores and to not make them store exclusives.

Mentioned MW for the source of Macross information.

Requested that they continue the HMR Macross line and especially release the HMR Tomahawk and Phalanx.

Their hands are tied when it comes to SDFM/DYRL.....they need to work something out with HG...I hope it happens but not holding my breath....

Looking forward to getting something new via this new distribution scheme......as for the stuff they are currently offering up....I already have all of them so easy pass.....now if they can add some "extras" to those releases.....I may bite

1500x500

I’m new to collecting these toys and products and haven’t done so since I was a kid. I’m also no authority with the whole Harmony Gold license and rights issue, but think I understand that in short: Only HG can offer any SDFM products here in the States. That said, Bandai and the like can only offer them in Japan or places except the US.

My first question is from your collecting experiences, for re-issues how do most get the heads up on when they are offered? Do you non-Japanese resident guys just keep checking the online sales sites to see what is new and or rely on friends that frequent magazines and this information is shared here on the boards?

My second question is more hypothetical: What do you think the odds are of Bandai producing more reissues with the gamble that US and collectors abroad will again fish from Japanese vendors amidst perhaps greater response from this DX and Hi-Metal R sales, assuming very successful?

Yes, very interested in more VF-1,  1/48 goodness.

I apologize in advance if this line of questioning is too curt. I am patient and appreciate everyone's help so far with getting me started to join the club. I regret being late to the party and would like to know as much as I can to be effective in purchasing.🙂 Thank you.

Edited by Kakizaki2021
forgot thought

1 hour ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

My first question is from your collecting experiences, for re-issues how do most get the heads up on when they are offered? Do you non-Japanese resident guys just keep checking the online sales sites to see what is new and or rely on friends that frequent magazines and this information is shared here on the boards?

It's pretty easy these days in our modern world to be up to date on such things. 

1 hour ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

My second question is more hypothetical: What do you think the odds are of Bandai producing more reissues with the gamble that US and collectors abroad will again fish from Japanese vendors amidst perhaps greater response from this DX and Hi-Metal R sales, assuming very successful?

I'm sure Bandai is already aware of the scalper market and is aware of at least a potential profit in the Western Hemisphere. 

(But bandai is fickle...)

Seriously... <_<

I'm with @no3Ljm on getting Bandai to get off their ass and do the Supers for Arad's and Chucky's original 31. I bet Bandai is stalling this purposely just to get more money following the Delta Zettai Live release (re-issue of Haya Haya's 31j with the Speakerpod sometime this month and his 31ax in December).

If and when the Tron SV-303 and Max's VF-29 gets the greenlight, its going to be harder to pick and choose which one to get (I'm in for Max's 29 for now, however do I need another 29 after getting Mr. Banana Ears?).   

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Seriously... <_<

I'm with @no3Ljm on getting Bandai to get off their ass and do the Supers for Arad's and Chucky's original 31. I bet Bandai is stalling this purposely just to get more money following the Delta Zettai Live release (re-issue of Haya Haya's 31j with the Speakerpod sometime this month and his 31ax in December).

If and when the Tron SV-303 and Max's VF-29 gets the greenlight, its going to be harder to pick and choose which one to get (I'm in for Max's 29 for now, however do I need another 29 after getting Mr. Banana Ears?).   

I have a feeling the train has passed on anything related to the original 31 valks.

The hot potatoes now are the 31AX valks. Don't see bandai revisiting the older delta movie just to complete bits and pieces.

23 hours ago, Kakizaki2021 said:

I’m new to collecting these toys and products and haven’t done so since I was a kid. I’m also no authority with the whole Harmony Gold license and rights issue, but think I understand that in short: Only HG can offer any SDFM products here in the States. That said, Bandai and the like can only offer them in Japan or places except the US.

Yes, very interested in more VF-1,  1/48 goodness.

I apologize in advance if this line of questioning is too curt. I am patient and appreciate everyone's help so far with getting me started to join the club. I regret being late to the party and would like to know as much as I can to be effective in purchasing.🙂 Thank you.

Macross re-issues for bandai are rare. Even if it looks like a rerelease, something in there differentiates it.

Like the recent yf-29 full pack, which wasnt a full pack previously.

Furthermore, since bandai releases 1 macross product per release, and they go by months in the year, there isnt much room to re-issues. 

This again may change with the HG/BW landscape, but unless there are more release slots....meh...

Edited by seti88

On 10/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, borgified said:

Seriously... <_<

On 10/10/2021 at 7:46 PM, seti88 said:

I have a feeling the train has passed on anything related to the original 31 valks.

The hot potatoes now are the 31AX valks. Don't see bandai revisiting the older delta movie just to complete bits and pieces.

True. They will prioritize now the latest movie, ignoring the previous line-up. Now I regret selling my extra Super Packs before for custom for Arad's and Chuck's. :unsure:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. They will prioritize now the latest movie, ignoring the previous line-up. Now I regret selling my extra Super Packs before for custom for Arad's and Chuck's. :unsure:

If its any consolation, we might be going for another round of, will the new supers fit the old 31 or vice versa questions...🤖🔄

I think we might have guessed what the answer will be @seti88 - New Supers for the 31ax.

From what I can remember, the front armour (along the canards) is different for the 31a as the regular versions will not fit due to the design while the remaining parts is cross compatable.

If I get a copy if Mirage's 31ax, most likely that I keep it as it is.

I see that their banner includes Macross II - so the VF-2SS as a DX Chogokin would be nice!

And their banner includes Macross Flashback - so the VF-4 as a DX Chogokin would be amazing. 

But I want the YF-21 more than anything else at the moment to go with the YF-19.