What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

• 4 weeks later...

What was the last HM-R released & showcased?

Do we fear that the line has been retired by Bandai?

They’re still pumping out RS/RD line and pretty consistent with DX VF line.

For all the HM-R they teased last time it’s been awfully quiet.

14 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

What was the last HM-R released & showcased?

Do we fear that the line has been retired by Bandai?

They’re still pumping out RS/RD line and pretty consistent with DX VF line.

For all the HM-R they teased last time it’s been awfully quiet.

It depends what you're asking.  If you're asking about HM-R macross-specific product, the last release was February 2020.  We know they have unreleased Macross designs, but beyond that, we have no real clue whether or not they intend to start making Macross stuff again.

Overall, the line is still very much active.  There was a release in late May this year, with another slated for November, and one early next year.

Edited by HardlyNever

12 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

It depends what you're asking.  If you're asking about HM-R macross-specific product, the last release was February 2020.  We know they have unreleased Macross designs, but beyond that, we have no real clue whether or not they intend to start making Macross stuff again.

Overall, the line is still very much active.  There was a release in late May this year, with another slated for November, and one early next year.

Oh yeah I forgot that HM-R wasn’t just Macross exclusive. Seems Bandai are focusing more on their other mecha series in that line.

But wow… no Macross HM-R since Feb 2020… 

11 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Oh yeah I forgot that HM-R wasn’t just Macross exclusive. Seems Bandai are focusing more on their other mecha series in that line.

But wow… no Macross HM-R since Feb 2020… 

While I do lament the fact that there hasn't been a Macross release in HM-R in over a year, I will say that the non Macross releases in this line are fantastic. The L-Gaim releases are amazing and as close to a Mortar Head release as we are probably ever going to get. The Xabungle, Walker Machine,  Layzner, and Dougram releases are pure real robot goodness. Also, who knew that the Dragonar series was going to get such perfect toys. The #2 and #3 machines aren't out yet, but if they are as good as #1 then I believe they represent the best possible versions of those machines that have ever been made. Really looking forward to Votoms as well. Yes, I'd like more Macross in the line (finish the Destrioids already) but if Bandai's focus is elsewhere then I'm cool with it. There is not a single dud in the whole line. As a matter of fact, and this might be sacrilege, but the VF-1 Valkyrie might be the least interesting of the whole lot.   

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Not sure where to put it or somewhere else post it, but this was released some hours ago, I think its a new movie for Frontier, I hope Bandai re-releases at least one DX VF -25 renewal.

I posted it in the zetta live thread in the movies section. And this promo is for the theatrical short that would air before the actual delta movie.

The new delta movie trailer has a 29 included, with a surprise guest. Also posted that in the delta zetta live movie thread.

A 25 doesn’t appear in any trailers so far. 

49 minutes ago, borgified said:

I actually want to see the wifey's VF-29 if it ever gets shown. Got keep up with the M&M representation right? ;) 

That would be something. But what do you wanna bet it won't even be in the movie because Bandai decided it would resemble Alto's too closely? 

9 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That would be something. But what do you wanna bet it won't even be in the movie because Bandai decided it would resemble Alto's too closely? 

Then Bandai can use a lighter shade of red like her VF-22s in M7 (not too pale) and still have the logo correct?   

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Then Bandai can use a lighter shade of red like her VF-22s in M7 (not too pale) and still have the logo correct?   

Yes indeed. It would be odd not to have her red version , as it's customary now. But Bandai lives to vex us😉

On 9/19/2021 at 1:49 AM, Alex GS said:

new movie for Frontier

Would be cool.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, seti88 said:

new delta movie

Please no. I'm STILL struggling to finish the original Delta series due to constantly falling asleep.

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Right ?! If Bandai released all their teases , we'd be stoked !

This. 

(Trolling or not...I had a few before the post.)

Dear Bandai...

Please release:

Top Priority 3:

Chogokin 1/48 - VT-1 Super Ostritch (DYRL)

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1A Hikaru

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL) STRIKE reissue with alternate black heat shield

---------------

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1S Focker (DYRL)

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1J Super Millia (TV)

Chogokin 1/48 - VF-1J Super Jenius (TV)

----------

Missile Set for VF-1 reissue

Super, and Strike Parts (TV and Movie)  re-issue for Chogokin1/48 VF-1

------

Movie (DYRL) "launch" display stands!

Arigato