What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

The Cutlass has a more eye-pleasing battroid compared to the umbrella-battroid of the VF-4G...

Haha that's an amusing way to describe the VF-4's battroid mode. I personally find it ugly as well. The only mode that looks nice is fighter IMO, which is kinda sad because I can't make decent use of its transformation gimmick.

Actually, does anyone here that only owns a single VF-4 actually display it long term in a mode other than fighter?

Edited by ArchieNov

Ah hehe point taken. But that sounds like you have it in Battroid more due to necessity rather than preference :)

Hahaha! But to be honest, if I have a big display cabinet, I'll pose them in rotation. I mean, I don't want my VF-4G just to be in fighter mode even though that's the best mode it has. ;)

you see, armored version and fast pack version are still separate in macross frontier. I wish they could combine it in macross delta.

meaning first the armored version then possible to detach transform into fastpack version.

YEAH HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY FORGET ABOUT M7 MYLENE VF-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toy it's already2015 beside that old untransformable model kit..................

Edited by alvaro

you see, armored version and fast pack version are still separate in macross frontier. I wish they could combine it in macross delta.

meaning first the armored version then possible to detach transform into fastpack version.

YEAH HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY FORGET ABOUT M7 MYLENE VF-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toy it's already2015 beside that old untransformable model kit..................

haha, no way they would reduce the number of packs in the show. More packs = more toy making opportunity = more money.

The number of packs actually increased in Frontier with the Tornado pack. I predict even more packs in Macross Delta. :lol:

I would like to see a YF-21 or VF-22S Sturmvogel II. I know they wouldnt cause Arcadia has the license, but an SV-51 with tight joints and lots of Tampo! Also maybe some of the fast pack choices for VF-22S that we see in the Master variable fighter books

Twich

Edited by twich

I would like to see a YF-21 or VF-22S Sturmvogel II. I know they wouldnt cause Arcadia has the license, but an SV-51 with tight joints and lots of Tampo! Also maybe some of the fast pack choices for VF-22S that we see in the Master variable fighter books

Twich

I was under the impression those fast packs in the master file were 'fan-made' designs. Seems unlikely Bandai or Arcadia would pick them up.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Hasbro has build a figure pieces for their Marvel Legends and bulid a playset for their micro figures. It would be cool if Bandai's Hi-Metal R line came with build a SDF-1 diorama pieces.

Edited by sh9000

Sorry, may not have implied clearly. Bandai does not have license for Macross Zero, for the SV-51 I was referring to, since Arcadia is actively producing toys from Macross Zero.

I know that they were fan-made but some of the it was are very cool. One can hope and wish, I guess.

Twich

Haha that's an amusing way to describe the VF-4's battroid mode. I personally find it ugly as well. The only mode that looks nice is fighter IMO, which is kinda sad because I can't make decent use of its transformation gimmick.

Actually, does anyone here that only owns a single VF-4 actually display it long term in a mode other than fighter?

Yes...mine is always in battroid. I love the design and look of it. Always have. The Yamato version was quite literally a dream come true.

As for future Bandai projects, I don't know what's in the pipeline anime-wise, but I hope it's something different from the VF-25/Frontier aesthetic. The VF-25 is one of my favorite valks, and I love the design, but pretty much everything Frontier-related shared a similar design aesthetic. For the sake of variety, I hope the next designs from Mr. Kawamori are distinctly different, but still beautiful.

My personal wish list for 1/60 toys would be the Variable Glaug, the VF-14, the Octos, the BG-5C Fatman (very obscure cargo plane design, but cool nonetheless), the Versten Ve-88 (another obscure design. I love twin boom aircraft, and this design is pretty neat), the VF-9 Cutlass (one of Kawamori-san's most complex designs. While I generally find GERWALK modes to be pointless and unappealing, oddly I find the VF-9's G-mode more appealing than the battroid. It would make for an interesting toy, I think). The VF-5000 would also be a nice addition to the 1/60 collection.

At the mention of space shuttle, I was reminded that Bandai and Action Toys were going to produce a number of MP-styled Machine-Robo (Gobots) figures, as shown back in Feb at the C3 Game and Toy Show in Hong Kong. http://news.tfw2005.com/?s=machine+robo

I was looking forward to picking up a few of them, but I've not seen any news about them since they were first revealed. According to TFW2005, when they covered the show, estimated release on the figs was June. Since there's been relatively no news surrounding these guys, I hope they weren't scrapped. I'd love to have their versions of Leader-1, Spay-C, Snoop, Cy-Kill, and Fitor. Probably the rest, too... :p

Bandai tweeted that they'll be showing off a prototype DX (from Macross Delta?) at their upcoming Tamashii Nations show.

Macross frontier-news of the week ② TAMASHII NATION 2015 Macross series exhibition information! DX chogokin prototype on display, as well as introducing "Macross Δ" the most recent information! http://macross.jp/news/?id=86 #macross

Delta is not out until 2016. So we still have time to save. ;)

Also the Valks that they will release along with the show is just V1. Let's wait for the Renewal by 2017. Lol. J/K. :lol:

J/K, but serious.

But really hope not - get the Delta Valks right the first time Bandai! :D

-b.

J/K, but serious.

But really hope not - get the Delta Valks right the first time Bandai! :D

-b.

No worries there, B. Besides they got the VF-19 Advance right the first time. :) So they will do it right with the Delta Valks. Since the blue valk in the poster somehow have a 19 resemblance. ;)

No worries there, B. Besides they got the VF-19 Advance right the first time. :) So they will do it right with the Delta Valks. Since the blue valk in the poster somehow have a 19 resemblance. ;)

Well, Bandai did have Yamato/Arcadia's YF-19 to use as blueprint. They know what to improve and what to avoid from learning the mistake of their predecessor.

But I'm sure they learn from their mistakes with their v1 25 line.

One more week till we hear abt it....... :D^_^ am getting restless already!

Watching this did not help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTYWOWxG_s

somehow am getting more excited about the 'antagonist?' ....i do hope bandai doesnt screw it up....

already trying to dissect from any exisiting draken/eurofighter pictures where might the arms go, feet etc in transformation....

p.s. its probable the first annoucement would be for the vf-30? rather than the adversary but nevertheless am still getting myself pumped up as been a fan of the delta wing..

Edited by seti88