What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

This is most likely, Whatever new valks are in Macross Delta. Also repaints, I can see the M30 pink VF-19 happening, which I admit I'll probably get. I'd like to see some low vis valks too. V1.5 Cannon Fodder VF-171's might also happen. I'd like to see a Cannon Fodder VF-25F, so I can build my own SMS Frontier Skull Squadron (The lead team, and then 3 more Four finger flights, each led by a VF-25F).

• 1 month later...

Macross Delta press releases are on Oct29th. Tamashii Nations having a mega exhibition on Oct30th.

Would it be possible that the next chogokin from bandai be from the new Delta series?

If this is true I might die from joy instantly....

...and than wait for the Renewal versions. ^_^

What I gathered from the podcast was that Bandai might not have anticipated Frontier's popularity and rushed the production of the version 1. It's based purely on speculation but I hope we don't have to see it happen this time since they might be unveiling their toys early. Maybe. I hope they will. Pretty please. :lol:

The big question is; will we see a VF-25G reissue announced?

Edited by neoexcaliber

hahaha...so do we wait or not? :unsure:

What I gathered from the podcast was that Bandai might not have anticipated Frontier's popularity and rushed the production of the version 1. It's based purely on speculation but I hope we don't have to see it happen this time since they might be unveiling their toys early. Maybe. I hope they will. Pretty please. :lol:

The big question is; will we see a VF-25G reissue announced?

Am not sure abt any reissue's on frontier...it hasnt been that long of a break since the last, has it?

The thought of a new possible valk announcement does make me go silly from waiting tho... :rolleyes:

hahaha...so do we wait or not? :unsure:

Am not sure abt any reissue's on frontier...it hasnt been that long of a break since the last, has it?

The thought of a new possible valk announcement does make me go silly from waiting tho... :rolleyes:

I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic that they will get it right from the get-go. I think that the YF-30 proofed that Bandai can develop a modern Valkyrie toy with the first iteration. Since the main fighter seems to be an updated YF-30 I think that the DX Chogokin Delta Valkyries (if they exist) will be at least decent. Especially with the VF-30 (or whatever it is called) they have the chance to re-engineer some of the wonky areas of the YF-30. A locking nosecone and upper chest in Battroid-Mode would be a welcome addition.

I don't know if I will collect the DX Chogokin Delta Valkyries though. My Frontier collection is quite big and I don't have that much room. The good thing is that it doesn't look like the design will derivate from Frontier that much so I could see myself to buy a VF-30 and Drakenvalk as an addition to my existing collection. I might eat crow for that estimate though. :D

Edited by Scyla

Macross Delta.. Macross Delta.. MACROSS DELTA!!! :D

But seriously.. yeah a Bandai version of the VF-1 would be interesting considering how good their VF-19 Advance turned out. And the other good thing is that they wouldn't release many of them. Probably a hero Valk or two such as Hikaru or Roy with SS parts and not to the extent Yamato did with their v2 line.

YF-30 repaints or VF-30 variants with option parts would be good too! Im officially done with all the other Frontier Valks (25, 27, 29 & 171) and don't think we need any more repaints or versions of them either.

Edited by spanner76

lets hope they dont make a crappy V1 from teh delta's hero valk and then follow up ith a decent v2 less than 2 years later. get it right from the start bandai!!

Don't worry. I think they already learned their lesson. VF-19 Advance and YF-30 Chronos are the best examples. ;)

Since Bandai released Luca's RVF-171 on their online shop, I wonder if they will entertain the idea of a RVF-171 CF edition. Without the exploding triangles, knees and chest of course. I don't want my CF valk to be that anime accurate. I'll be all over that if they do.

I hope Macross Delta will have some cameo like the VF-11, YF-21/VF-22. So Bandai can release those without getting into licencing issues. Zombie Guld and his VF-21A can pop into the screen like Isamu did with his VF-19A. fund it Bandai!

a CF version of a RVF-171? hmmm nahhh that ain't ever gonna happen. Kinda defeats the purpose anyways as its more a specialized variant and not needed in large numbers. Interesting idea but yeah nahhh.

The only problem with cameo appearances is the further set in the future the new series will be it wouldn't really make a lot of sense for any airforce to be using any older overly obsolete designs.. Maybe we'd see VF-17, 19 & 22s but anything older than that seems rather unusual.

a CF version of a RVF-171? hmmm nahhh that ain't ever gonna happen. Kinda defeats the purpose anyways as its more a specialized variant and not needed in large numbers. Interesting idea but yeah nahhh.

The only problem with cameo appearances is the further set in the future the new series will be it wouldn't really make a lot of sense for any airforce to be using any older overly obsolete designs.. Maybe we'd see VF-17, 19 & 22s but anything older than that seems rather unusual.

In large numbers? Are we talking about a toy or military hardware here? If we talking about actual/real life military here, then a recon plane is very useful for relaying information across the battlefield. How would a commander know where to send his/her forces to best defend a position? or to find the enemy in the first place...you send in scout planes! Knowing is half the battle, and information warfare is something that have existed since ancient time. So no, the NUNS did not need a large number of recon valkyries, but that does not make them any less important. (sorry for the rant here)

Hey, as long as there are people willing to throw money at Bandai for a RVF-171 CF, they will make it.

imo, the RVF-171 CF is pretty sweet looking.

rvf-171-fighter.jpg

As for cameo for older Valkyrie to appear in Macross Delta. That's easy enough to do. An air show, an in universe movie (again x2), NUN Army using hand-me-down from NUNS.

Since the Delta is gonna take place on a planet, we have no idea what kind of Valkyries the planetary defense force will be rocking with. They could still be using VF-11 and other outdated valk for defense for all we know. It really depends on how dangerous or peaceful planet delta is.

For colony fleets like the Frontier and Galaxy where they are literally going into unknown space, then yeah the NUNS should be equipping them with the latest/best/cost effective Valk available. That's why we get to see all the latest model in space.

If Bandai wants to make a cameo to happen, it'll be easy enough for them to explain why an outdated Valk is there. Hell, they squeeze in a 1 sec cameo of the VF-0D in Frontier.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

In large numbers? Are we talking about a toy or military hardware here? If we talking about actual/real life military here, then a recon plane is very useful for relaying information across the battlefield. How would a commander know where to send his/her forces to best defend a position? or to find the enemy in the first place...you send in scout planes! Knowing is half the battle, and information warfareis something that had existed since ancient time. So no, the NUNS did not need a large number of recon planes, but that does not make them any less important. (sorry for the rant here)

Hey, as long as there are people willing to throw money at Bandai for a RVF-171 CF, they will make it.

imo, the RVF-171 CF is pretty sweet looking.

rvf-171-fighter.jpg

As for cameo for older Valkyrie to appear in Macross Delta. That's easy enough to do. An air show, an in universe movie (again x2), NUN Army using hand-me-down from NUNS.

Since the Delta is gonna take place on a planet, we have no idea what kind of Valkyries the planetary defense force will be rocking with. They could still be using VF-11 and other outdated valk for defense for all we know. It really depends on how dangerous or peaceful planet delta is.

For colony fleets like the Frontier and Galaxy where they are literally going into unknown space, then yeah the NUNS should be equipping them with the latest/best/cost effective Valk available. That's why we get to see all the latest model in space.

If Bandai wants to make a cameo to happen, it'll be easy enough for them to explain why an outdated Valk is there. Hell, they squeeze in a 1 sec cameo of the VF-0D in Frontier.

I suppose the CF-RVF would be a pretty sweet thing to have! But then its just another color variation of something we already have.. If Bandai did make then knowing me I'd probably buy it anyways.. :rolleyes:

And yeah I forgot the fact that many deep space colonies wouldn't necessarily have the latest Valkyrie technology meaning that cameo's or regular appearances of older variants are indeed more likely. I stand corrected!

I suppose the CF-RVF would be a pretty sweet thing to have! But then its just another color variation of something we already have.. If Bandai did make then knowing me I'd probably buy it anyways.. :rolleyes:

And yeah I forgot the fact that many deep space colonies wouldn't necessarily have the latest Valkyrie technology meaning that cameo's or regular appearances of older variants are indeed more likely. I stand corrected!

Ah, but color variation is the name of the game no? A different color, a different head, or a different gun pod and you got a different Valk. Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia all uses the same marketing strategy to make us fans buy more toys with the same mold.

I mean look at the DX VF-25 lines. 90% of the mold are the same. They just have different color/head/gun and a different alphabetical definition (YF-25, VF-25F/G/S you get the idea).

As Captain Picard would say, "there are plenty of letters left in the alphabet." (and colors too).

Anyway, just throw in some missile packs for the RVF-171 CF version and call it a day on the "it's a different Valkyrie!" department.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

A CF-RVF would be nice. And everyone before were clamoring for one. I too, might buy one since I prefer a CF color on the RVF rather the white and mint. But I think it really depends on the demand. I'm pretty sure not all of the valks shown on the series are going to be an instant toy hit for the fans. Especially a toy that has a history of exploding parts. But so far, nothing ever been reported on the recent releases of the 171Ex. But now, all we can do is pray and wait. ;)

Yeah Bandai should so do a SDF-1! But which version would you prefer? TV or DYRL?

A Bandai VF-4!? that would be one heck of a deviation from their current line.. well with their 1/60 scale toys anyways. I wonder if they would ever do the VF-4 for their Hi-Metal R line? Not that I'd ever be interested in it but I know plenty of others would be!

Was there ever a pink one? I want a pink valk.

Are you referring to Aisha's VF-19/A from Macross30 or Mylene's 11MAXL from Mac7? If it's Aisha's, there's no official release yet. What I posted before was some customed painted Bandai's VF-19 Advance. As for Mylene's, there was some transformable kits before from Bandai that is 1/100 or 1/72.

But yeah, would be nice to see an official pink valk in scaled with Bandai's DX and Arcadia's. ;)

I think Bandai should release a dx-chogokin of the VF-9 Cutlass. I thought I remember it being shown briefly in the Frontier series as fold-straggler.

Just to counter Arcadia's upcoming VF-4G re-release.

The Cutlass has a more eye-pleasing battroid compared to the umbrella-battroid of the VF-4G...

Hey, why macros delta topic is locked?

you see vf-1 gbp is only for robot mode.

then they upgrade Macross Frontier valks which armour can also use in fighter and gerwalk mode.

hence I wish Bandai will upgrade upcoming MACROSS DELTA for

gbp/armour mode can transform/morph into fastpack!!!!! Quite COOL isn't it if idea get selected ^^

Hey, why macros delta topic is locked?

you see vf-1 gbp is only for robot mode.

then they upgrade Macross Frontier valks which armour can also use in fighter and gerwalk mode.

hence I wish Bandai will upgrade upcoming MACROSS DELTA for

gbp/armour mode can transform/morph into fastpack!!!!! Quite COOL isn't it if idea get selected ^^

Because at one point it got way off topic so it got locked. It'll re-open when more news gets out. Wouldn't what you want be called an Armoured version?

I think Bandai should release a dx-chogokin of the VF-9 Cutlass. I thought I remember it being shown briefly in the Frontier series as fold-straggler.

Just to counter Arcadia's upcoming VF-4G re-release.

The Cutlass has a more eye-pleasing battroid compared to the umbrella-battroid of the VF-4G...

Not a single mode of the cutlass looks better than any one mode of the VF-4.

I would like a transformable SDF-1 from Bandai,, they haven't touch that yet.

Since Arcadia is going to reissue their VF-4G, I really wonder if Bandai will then announce a VF-4 of their own.

Bandai should get the Macross the First license and do a MtF SDF-1, VF-1J, VF-1D and VF-4!!! Plus Super VF-1's with the crazy fast-packs! :rolleyes: