new macross chara figure

valid

In the absence of anything better, perhaps. It'll all depend on sculpt and price; although, from that image, they look rather underwhelming in body sculpt and do not resemble the characters they're supposed to represent in their "dead expressions" facial features... need better close-up photos to judge properly.

This is exactly what I've wanted for many many years so hopefully they turn out well. I've got a long history of Toynami's toys turning to crap so the fact they are related to Toynami at all is my only cause for concern. It seems they may be made and produced by Oritoy with just Toynami distributing them, so hopefully that will result in some quality figures.

I do think Rick and Roy's hair seems a bit limp. Since they don't need to fit the helmets over those heads (helmeted heads are swappable) they should really go wild with the hair.

They also need to do a Kakizaki but I'm probably they only person that would buy him. :lol:

looks like they are 4". given the size the articulation doesn't look bad. SHF and figma are 6" scale though, so it will not scale with those. closest line it scales with would be the new mini revoltechs...think those are 4" scale. if they were going small they should have just went 3.75" though to be honest (like classic 80's action figures and some modern stuff too)

being that there are no other ones out there i'll get these if the price is not ridiculous.

i do wish bandai or figma would give us 6" figures with decent sculpts though. these sculpts definitely look a bit reinterpreted.

also i notice misa (lisa hayes) gets shafted again. how does the third corner of a love triangle semi central to the theme not get represented?

Edited by Mechapilot77

Pass for me. ;)

But I still don't get it. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but why Toynami/Harmony Gold couldn't design something Figma/Figuarts-like quality? Do they have problems acquiring a 3D software perhaps? Do they have problems finding creative talents? Why Toynami/Harmony Gold can't produce something decent or something that goes head-to-head against with Bandai/MaxFactory to name a few? :unsure:

Pass for me. ;)

But I still don't get it. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but why Toynami/Harmony Gold couldn't design something Figma/Figuarts-like quality? Do they have problems acquiring a 3D software perhaps? Do they have problems finding creative talents? Why Toynami/Harmony Gold can't produce something decent or something that goes head-to-head against with Bandai/MaxFactory to name a few? :unsure:

No intention to start something here, but if my inquiring post above kinda looks 'troll-y' to some members, I really appreciate it if you guys can just PM me and point me to other directions like sites or links that I could check and read if this has been discussed or why they can't just do decent figures nowadays with those advance technology like the other companies, just PM me. Would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

No intention to start something here, but if my inquiring post above kinda looks 'troll-y' to some members, I really appreciate it if you guys can just PM me and point me to other directions like sites or links that I could check and read if this has been discussed or why they can't just do decent figures nowadays with those advance technology like the other companies, just PM me. Would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Nothing trollish in your comments at all. I think you're just asking a question that most of us have already asked at one point in time. And I think the answer is just because it's Harmony Gold.

Nothing trollish in your comments at all. I think you're just asking a question that most of us have already asked at one point in time. And I think the answer is just because it's Harmony Gold.

LOL... i think because it's toynami.. they never learn new trick :(

LOL... i think because it's toynami.. they never learn new trick :(

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. To be honest, I'm no expert with these whole BigWest/HarmonyGold things even though I read most of the things posted. I always get lost in all those legal technicalities. The only point I'm asking is that since there's good quality figures out there to check and research and with the recent advance technology on sculpting and 3D stuff, how come they still can't make any decent figures?

Anyways, if this is still too 'sensitive' for others to answer here, just reply via PM. Thanks! :)

Yeah, I don't see what the problem is. They are decent, and I'll bite if the price is fair. Let's give credit to one thing that HG has produced that makes sense. They will look great with my SDFM stuff. I kinda hope it sells enough we can get a few more, like Misa, Lisa whatever and MAKE KAZAKI! I mean Ben, or whatever!

I'm in assuming they aren't priced above 20$, at least for Roy and Rikaru

• 4 months later...

Roy looks pretty cool. But Minmei and Rick look laughable. Sometimes I wonder why do they even bother...

Not a fan of Toynami quality, but their SD Rick is one of my favorite figures.

Then again, those blind boxes have the Calibre Toys logo, which is a very good design house out of Hong Kong.

post-18429-0-35528100-1449736985_thumb.jpg

Edited by arbit