Box Collection Display\Storage

dapro

How many of you keep your boxes? I do! Where do you put it. I just place them in my closet for now. Glad my collection isn't huge or else I will have a problem.

Here are most of my boxes. Got couple big boxes on the bottom on the floor of the closet.

IMG_0974.jpg

Oh yeah, got some in the detolf too!

IMG_0976.jpg

I keep boxes for EVERYTHING!!! always have and its starting to cause a serious problem.. here are some photos of the storage chaos in progress.. I'd say now my wardrobe is 75% used for box storage.. clothes and other stuff is slowly being pushed aside and condensed. Couldn't even fit my VF-19 Advance boxes in anywhere at all!

And there's boxes behind all these boxes! its getting crazy! :o

20150709_183007.jpg

20150709_182907.jpg

20150709_182945.jpg

20150709_183018.jpg

20150709_183046.jpg

20150709_183221.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Wow, I thought I was bad. You guys must of 200+ high-end toys(Macross, Metal Build ,SOC, MP etc). I think I have around 30 at the moment.

Do you guys have any boxes of ThreeZero class toys(45cm tall etc)? I have a Metal Gear Ray still sitting in its shipping carton.

The pile on the bed has since been transferred into the wardrobe after I exiled my 90s toys.post-30468-0-50182500-1436433282_thumb.jpgpost-30468-0-81312700-1436433299_thumb.jpg

I keep my boxes too and my boxtris is getting bad!! I'd show photos but I'm deployed...the struggle to be the most efficient with storage space is what is keeping my collection small. I envy you guys with the massive collections but the boxtris is the real problem!

This question comes up every now and then. My habits have changed a bit. I tried to keep all boxes early on, but I don't have enough space at home to collect both boxes and what comes inside. I would need to rent storage!

For me, I only keep the box if it's something I don't like. It's useful if I'm planning to sell it off or if I made a rash purchasing decision and it's still sealed. If it's something I enjoy, then what's inside is worth more than the cardboard and inserts.

One of the early posters in the collection display thread had pictures of their closet where they stored their boxes. It looked like a toy store display, and was set up nicer than some people's regular toy displays.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34339&p=886871

I had a wall of yamato boxes like that when i lived by myself. That ended when the wife (GF at the time) and me moved into a bigger house. Now i have even less space.

Early into to my collecting, everything fit into my closet. Now I have almost everything moved into a storage unit in my apartment complex. The storage unit is on the same floor as my apartment and key accessible via the hallway, it is somewhat climate controlled. The hallways and lobby are AC'ed, so my toy boxes are nice and cool while my apartment is hot.

"If I'm going to dispose VF-4G's box now and decide to sell the item in the future, how much could I sell it?"

Why am I asking this? For a while now, I'm planning on creating a thread/poll regarding all the valkyrie boxes. But now seeing this thread, I guess, it's just proper to ask it here.

Like how many of you guys keep or throw away the boxes? I know it really does take space because of its huge sizes. But if you're not planning on selling your stuff, do you still keep it? Right now, the only reason why I keep it is because if ever we move later on, I have boxes to put them back in. But it really does take a space as of now. And if I throw it away now and decide to move later, I could just put it in a bigger bin instead and just put some bubble wrap on it or any fillers out there somehow. But I know throwing away the boxes will lose its value if I decided to sell some in the future too for 'emergency' purposes, hence my first question intro. But I still know that I could still sell it for a decent amount even without the box.

I'm also thinking of just keeping the boxes that I really like (the expensive ones, I guess) and just throw the regular ones. And I also thought of just throwing away those plastic trays and just flatten the cardboards instead so I still have those gorgeous looking boxes.

Anyways, what do you guys think? ;)

I keep the boxes because like a lot of you guys already said, when you decide to sell it you lose out at least %20 of its value if its not complete with the box. I also like storing it back in the box when moving and store away purpose.

It looks as if they can slot into one another? If so thats brilliant!

You could then stack all the same types together, VF1 for example and flatten all the boxes. So much space saving to be had! =o

You'd just have to bag all the left over parts and missles n stuff.. easy enuf tho!

Edited by spanner76

Yeah, that's what I'm planning with those loose accessories, just Ziploc it. ;)

I guess, I could try piling those plastic trays for now. Thanks sithlord. ;)

Now the only problem is the Bandai DX ones. Hahaha! :lol:

Yeah, that's what I'm planning with those loose accessories, just Ziploc it. ;)

I guess, I could try piling those plastic trays for now. Thanks sithlord. ;)

Now the only problem is the Bandai DX ones. Hahaha! :lol:

Glad this thread became helpful with members sharing how to save spaces! :D

Yammie/Arcadia boxes are storage friendly while Bandai SOC DX require you to sacrifice a closet space.

100% agree. The closet I've dedicated to storage just doesn't have enough space. I flattened all my Yamato/Arcadia boxes like that too and stacked the plastic trays. That's why I hate the styrofoam that Bandai uses. People love it for the "nostalgia" or whatever, but for me, it just takes up a ton of space and I can't do anything about it if I want to hold onto the boxes. I'm going to have to take some time to toss out some stuff eventually. Think I'll start with the v1 DX 25 boxes and go from there.

yep sadly there is little to no options for storing Bandai DX boxes other than the plainly obvious.. There is no way im throwing any boxes away. Not that I will ever sell off any of my stuff but in the event of transportation to new premises then they must be boxed up for safety.

Im definitely going to trial folding and stacking away some of the Yamato Arcadia boxes and see how that goes.

Edited by spanner76

Yammie/Arcadia boxes are storage friendly while Bandai SOC DX require you to sacrifice a closet space.

<snip>

I remember reading about this in one of the older threads. Seeing it is something else, though. THAT is damn clever.

Anything of mine that no longer has a box or card goes into a nice plastic tote with handles and a lid. I seal the toys, figures and accessories in acid-free zip bags and layer them with bubble wrap. If, for some reason, I need to store one of these totes for an extended period of time, I try to throw in a few silica gel packs too since they cut down on moisture.

I keep the boxes because like a lot of you guys already said, when you decide to sell it you lose out at least %20 of its value if its not complete with the box. I also like storing it back in the box when moving and store away purpose.

I think more like 50%+ The4 box is EVERYTHING, this goes for movies, toys, transformers, video games, anything almost. The only area where boxes DON'T impact prices are PC parts and general electronics.

here some of my boxes, they definetly need to get better organized, but since my brother is living abroad, i got lazy and stuck everything in his room until he is back XD.

Couple weeks ill get a new display stand ill put everything still boxed in my studio.

post-30636-0-11476100-1436604177_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-31363000-1436604258_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-41472700-1436604262_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-67333800-1436604265_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-66689100-1436604269_thumb.jpg

Has it been asked how heat and humidity affect boxes? What about cold? What if they were to be stored outside in a shed? I've got no more room in the house and the sheds are the last bastion of storage area for me. Thoughts on storing them there?