3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I'm already completely done with every single person in the world who has an opinion on this film. <_<

Opinions are fine, it's whether or not you're swayed by them. Strongly for, or strongly against, any major property based on a trailer (or in this case, trailer for the trailer :lol:) is a risky proposition. 

Personally I liked the teaser, but regardless I'll be there opening weekend because I'm interested in seeing the movie.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I still think they should have chosen Anthony Ingruber to play young Han Solo.

Had to Google that guy, he sure does look like a young Harrison Ford.

-b.

looks interesting...hopefully the vehicle/ship designs are pleasing! 

at this point solo looks a bit un-scruffy/teenager-y for my taste, but am sure disney knows the target demografic..

ending fly-through is wetting the appetite! will catch this in the cinema...

13 hours ago, Graham said:

I still think they should have chosen Anthony Ingruber to play young Han Solo.

Couldn't agree more. That being said I'm going to give this other fellow a chance, just because I think it's bad form to poo-poo on a movie before I actually see it. I would like to say this about the new trailer, though: judging from the immaculate condition of the Falcon's corridors, I must rightfully conclude than Han and Chewie are absolute slobs! :p

I'm still on board. The "We're all fine" quip was fun, and it was a nice nod to Ford's ad lib detention bloc delivery in A New Hope. Honestly, even though Alden Ehrenreich is clearly not a young Harrison Ford, his look as a young Han Solo doesn't bother me.

What I'm really curious about is how they will set up Woody Harrelson's character and everything with the Falcon. I'm also excited to see a full compliment of people/aliens manning the ship like in Return of the Jedi when Lando was back at the helm. That's something I've missed with the new sequels TFA and TLJ. 

Edited by technoblue

This is part of the weirdness they've introduced by nixing the known EU canon really.. I want to say it's entirely possible, since the ships were supposed to be from a common production line that had a lot of customizable options, and were very popular with light traders and smugglers.. but I have no idea what the history of the design is supposed to be anymore. :wacko: 

The part that throws me is that for years, the front mandibles of the ship were always labeled with some cargo loading/unloading/grasping function.  Removing those changes the the ship both aesthetically and from a practical perspective.. since.. I mean, if you're not using the centerline for a cargo-related function.. why is the cockpit offset?

Edited by Chronocidal

Reminds me of the Otana from the X-Wing: Alliance game. I truly loved that ship.

Perplexing to me is that didn't we briefly see the Falcon in ROTS? Didn't George claim that it was the "actual" Falcon and not just another YT-1300? It had its mandibles then...