Megazone 23 finally on blu-ray

$300.00

Info thanks to AnimeVoice lite: https://twitter.com/Anime_Voice/status/617075258764320768

Amazon preorder page: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B010V5Q05M?ie=UTF8&camp=1207&creative=8411&creativeASIN=B010V5Q05M&linkCode=shr&tag=00-00-11-11-22

Rough google translation of contents:

Produced by the staff team that produced the "Macross", masterpiece SF anime OVA dawn that all three installment has been production and theatrical release "Megazone23". 2015 to be a turning point for 30 years, finally Blu-Ray of! [Contents] ◆メガゾーン23 ◆メガゾーン23 PARTⅡ secret rather, it is - Is the, stomach ◆ MEGAZON23Ⅲ Eve of awakening (prequel) ◆ MEGAZON23Ⅲ release day (Part II) [specification] Duration: story about 266 minutes + video bonus video Benefits : The recording in HD, some material recording at up-conversion from SD ● promotional video and pilot video and theater notice video (PART1,2,3) anime material for ● MEGAZON23 SPECIAL MEMORY and PART2 SPECIAL MEMORY (inch master HD live-action portion correspond by reconstruction from Apukon original) ● Part II INTERNATIONAL & PART1 SPECIAL FILM ● movie was edited and published for Works in the event promotional screenings for the movie (C3 2003 years) specs: ● story: negative scan 4K telecine , HD Remaster ● Benefits: HD remastering, SD up-conversion (Stock Video part) Bonus: Booklet (64P planned) Other specifications: "at Festival Eve" three-way back BOX using the character design Haruhiko Mikimoto draw grated Shi illustrations [staff Cast] «staff PART1,2» ● original-General Director: Noboru Ishiguro ● Director: Noboru Ishiguro (PART1), Ichiro Itano (PART2) ● Screenplay: Hoshiyama Hiroyuki (PART1,2) ● Original Character Design: Toshihiro Hirano (PART1 ), Umezu Yasuomi (PART2) ● Special guest design: Haruhiko Mikimoto (PART1,2) ● mechanic design: Kakinuma Hideki, Aramaki Shinji, Takeshi Miyao (PART1), Aramaki Shinji (PART2) «staff PART3» ● draft: Ishiguro Noboru, Toshimitsu Suzuki ● Original: Aramaki Shinji ● Director: Shinji Aramaki, Hachiya Kenichi ● Character Design: Hiroyuki Kitazume ● Garland design: Aramaki Shinji «cast PART1,2»Yahagi Shogo: Masato Kubota (PART1), Kazuki Yao ( PART2) / high and medium YukariYui: Maria Kawamura / BD: Kaneto Shiozawa / h Festival Eve: Miyazato Kumi other «cast PART3» Age Takanaka: Takeshi Kusao / Ryoo-Narahara: Kasahara Hiroko / Bud: Nozomu Sasaki / h Festival Eve: Saki Takaoka other [Publisher] Corporation Rakusento © AIC © AIC-FlyingDog ※ Product specifications are subject to change without notice.

Yeah I'll bite, ^_^

post-12823-0-98774100-1435994937_thumb.jpg

Edited by oshanmacross

That's pricey. I'll live with the standard DVD set.

For THAT price I'll stick with my Beta-max or VHS copy...

I'll set on it and wait until there's more to go off of like if they'll put in the ADV dub or at least sub title the discs. If not, t here's not a whole lot of reason as I'm pretty happy with the DVD set i have.

I'm more excited by the bonus stuff, The first 2 OAV's are high on my list for epic anime.

The japanese R2 dvd was ahead of its time in picture quality for the day, Progressive, High bitrate, super clean mastering.

Eh, I think I paid like $250 for that in the day....

Prices for Japanese anime Blu-rays never cease to astound me. I would love to get this, but I'd rather spend $300 on a valk, regardless of the cool extras.

The quality on the Macross F movies box set is incredible.

But if you would rather play with it I can dig that too,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Let me bump this thread with some Miyasato Kumi from the bonus disc so that the top two threads on this forum are actually about Star Wars and Megazone, finally fulfilling the quota on the forum description: "Everything from Megazone to Star Wars"!

post-1318-0-48731400-1448804881_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-10129200-1448804916_thumb.jpg

Got mine today, mass Kumi videos.
Lots of leg warmers and oversized sweaters, They took very good care of these masters.
The subtle shadows Mikimoto put in Eve's hair during part 1's music videos is something I never noticed before.

Here is a crude pic:

post-12823-0-15802600-1448945418_thumb.jpg

Edited by oshanmacross