Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

Yeah speaking of - also interesting to note Ravens all over the show this season. When Dany escaped on her dragon and was nesting, at Winterfell with Sansa, and a few other important scenes.

I think Bran was watching all season.

Yeah speaking of - also interesting to note Ravens all over the show this season. When Dany escaped on her dragon and was nesting, at Winterfell with Sansa, and a few other important scenes.

I think Bran was watching all season.

I missed the raven with Dany. Nice pickup. I was a little surprised we didn't see the white Ravens from the Citadel this season announcing Winter.

Edited by Duke Togo

Sweet new ALT shift X video.

Brings up the possibility that Jon will kill Mel to make the burning sword - and some strong book evidence oh how and why he will be born again.

Also interesting that most people misread Mel's face after Stannis' army deserted. She wasn't shocked that her magic didn't work, but that she was backing the wrong guy.

Edited by Gakken85

Thought: We'll get Bran's Ser Arthur Dayne vision and the Tower of Joy before we see Jon resurrected. For storytelling purposes, I would think they have to set up his true importance before his return.

What is the tower of joy about?

Its where Prince Rheagar "kidnapped" Lyanna Stark to. It's where during Robert's Rebellion Ned and Howland Reed fought through several kingsguard in an attempt rescue her and found her in a pool of blood where she whispered "Promise me Ned".

The implication is the blood is from child birth, and the baby was Jon Snow hence the L+R=J theory. Howland Reed is the only person left who knows what happened at the Tower of Joy.

Awesome catch Duke! I always thought that a prequel season or mini-series would do well to show the events that lead up to Roberts Rebellion.

Chris

It's basically what confirms R+L=J for the reader, though technically it doesn't spell it out. I feel like the show will lay out all the information.

This is an amazing depection of it which cuts in scenes from the show.

Not a spoiler tag, but keep in mind it will probably play out very similarly next season, so buyer beware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Mp8MzAjAY

Edited by Gakken85

Just hanging out with the watch you know. haha

I mean, they might as well have been walking down the street with Carice van Houten as well.

It's funny, Kit Harington is the only person involved here who has really stuck his foot in his mouth. Everyone is saying he's dead--which he is, you can't resurrect a living person--but Kit is the only one who said he wouldn't be back in season six. At the very least he'd have to come back to play his dead body ( a la Charles Dance).

At this point I'm convinced season six has to open with Bran having a vision of the Tower of Joy event (which we KNOW is coming this season). They need to make it very clear why Jon is important before they bring him back.

So can I go over to the TV show and whine like a bitch that the show is spoiling the books for me? :p

Probably not, lol. It appears our show thread here is the only place on the internet that isn't talking about Jon's inevitable return.

People are just dumb.... Lol

I will give the show credit.....they have been MUCH more subtle about Jon than the books were. Though all the clues are still there, they're just not "beat you over the head with it" like books one and two where. I wonder if we would have still noticed it if we hadn't read the books?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY SHITE! /Film: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Actor to Play Game of Thrones Three-Eyed Raven

Star Wars: The Force Awakens co-star Max von Sydow, a legendary actor with an incredible body of work to his name, is joining the cast of HBOs Game of Thrones season 6, taking over the role of the Three-Eyed Raven.

Max von Sydow as Bryden Rivers, aka Bloodraven? HELL YES!

Edited by Duke Togo

Nice score.

Gonna be stoked to see this story line pick up.

I saw an interesting theory on reddit:

Lots of spoilers in this post.

So I, like many other GoTs fans, have been speculating about the fate of Jon Snow. I was convinced at first that he was well finale spoilers. However as I've rewatched some episodes I support the theory that Jon Snow finale spoilers.

Rewatch the final shot of the season 5 finale. But pay close attention to the audio that plays as they zoom in. When I first saw the scene I thought it was strange. I've had a little bit of work in audio design and it is certainly a unique audio design for a scene like this on Game of Thrones. Compare it to the audio in similar scenes such as The closeup at the purple wedding, the end of ser barristan's fight with the harpy and the finale at the red wedding. All clips are episode ending clips. The audio in these scenes is typical of GoT sound design at the end of the episode. There is either a climatic build, or a slow fade. But in the season 5 finale, the music builds, then fades, then comes back with a new sound we have not heard in the Jon Snow segments of the show. A high pitched organ-like sound.

Where have we heard this sound before? Listen as bran approaches the Weirwood tree in season 4 and when Bran wargs into Hodor.. It could be a stretch but to me it sounds like the same audio cue or at least similar to the one that you hear in the season 5 finale.

This lends itself to the theory that Finale Spoilers.. Another hint may be that in the scene where Bran wargs into Hodor, a wilding wargs into a bird as he dies and attacks Jon Snow.

Let me know what you guys think, and this has probably been suggested already.

edit: didn't expect this to be this popular and to have so many comments! Thank you to everyone who commented and added something to this post, I'll try to read as many comments as possible and respond to them.

I've read a lot of speculation about Jon warging into Ghost....but what If Jon Wargs into the Giant? In the book, the Giant was there...having a fit IIRC. Not sure where the giant is in the show, though. Warging into the Giant would certainly help him eliminate the traitors and protect his real body.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

The Giant Wun Wun? The one from the hardhome scene?

I don't think you can Warg into intelligent creatures.

Bran could Warg into Hodor because he's simple, but I think WunWun is pretty intelligent all things considered, so I doubt it.

Edited by Gakken85