Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

I believe Gilly took the book with them, along with the other books Sam had. Problem is, what if something happens to said books? That was the point in keeping them safe in the Citidel.

Chris

Doesn't matter, plot wise John's true parentage has been dangled around since (I think) the very first episode.  The revelation of it IS going to be an important part of the finale in one way or another.

Bran will confirm Jon's lineage by looking into the past.

The question is once Varys learns who Jon is will he try to get Jon on the throne instead of Daenerys since he's the rightful heir; because his parents were married and he's not a bastard. 

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The question is once Varys learns who Jon is will he try to get Jon on the throne instead of Daenerys since he's the rightful heir; because his parents were married and he's not a bastard. 

No, Varys has always worked toward stability of the realm and putting John up as the true king would not work out unless Danny allows it.  Besides - those two ARE getting married anyway.

11 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Doubt it. Vary’s has been shown to have shifting allegiances. He wants what’s best for the people and Jon for all his battle leader skills, might not be the best choice.

Additionally, a lot has been made about Daenery’s subjects CHOOSING her to be their Queen. I wouldn’t be surprised if the show ends up with some kind of more progressive form of monarchy, with the current feudal system being replaced or at least, decisively weakened.

Having said that, having her burn the Tarly’s for not following her seems to contradict that, not to mention OOC for her. Let’s see what consequences it will have. I can imagine Samwell Tarly being adamant that his friend take the throne after learning both that Rhaegar was Jon’s legal dad and that the Khaleesi killed her family.

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

The first to fall...

https://giphy.com/gifs/game-of-thrones-got-dragon-xT39DhhW2yyvhy8j96

Rest in Peace Viserion...

Lol got my hands on the leaked episode. I know what I'm doing at lunchtime :lol:

Poor Viserion :(

31 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Can we get a rule in place about spoilers due to hacks and leaks?

Please.

Peak me head in for discussion and instead end up seeing/reading something that I wish I hadn't.

Go to the other thread: