Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

Sanaa's been around the Lannisters and other Southerners for years, so she truly does know a few things that Jon would do well to listen to. I also feel she'll make a play to be Queen of the North, since I think she's damaged in that way - she'll only feel secure when she has real power. Plus, she's a full blooded Stark, unlike Jon, so she probably feels some entitlement there. 

Loved the bit with Sam. They damn near had a little melody going with all the various repeated sounds. 

Ser Friendzone is getting worse. He'll be hard pressed to keep his promise.

And agree with Dynaman - just how much time has passed?! From zero to a thousand ships in the blink of an eye, in winter no less. Where'd the wood come from? The shipwrights? The crews? Pyke is TINY with no forests or real wealth. 

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Sanaa's been around the Lannisters and other Southerners for years, so she truly does know a few things that Jon would do well to listen to. I also feel she'll make a play to be Queen of the North, since I think she's damaged in that way - she'll only feel secure when she has real power. Plus, she's a full blooded Stark, unlike Jon, so she probably feels some entitlement there. 

Loved the bit with Sam. They damn near had a little melody going with all the various repeated sounds. 

And agree with Dynaman - just how much time has passed?! From zero to a thousand ships in the blink of an eye, in winter no less. Where'd the wood come from? The shipwrights? The crews? Pyke is TINY with no forests or real wealth. 

I think they just decided to let logic be skipped over in order to tell the story. In reality it would have taken many years to get that many ships built and manned. Cersei needed allies for her fightback to be believable and Euron is about the only leader left in Westeros who doesn't have a beef against the Lannisters.

I'm not sure if they'll let Sansa go full darkness.

I can see her removing Jon, but not actually hurting him. And she'll get a valid cause the moment Bran spills the beans about Jon's parentage to someone in the North.I hope though that her new found hardness is applied to Littlefinger as well when the time comes

4 hours ago, Dobber said:

Well, Jon even pointed out that she seems to admire her and she didn't deny it. I'm not saying she likes her in anyway, but admires could fit.

Chris

Fair.

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

Still lol @ Ser Freindzone, but yeah. Hopefully his story doesn't end as tragically as it appears that it will.

1 hour ago, Marzan said:

I think they just decided to let logic be skipped over in order to tell the story. In reality it would have taken many years to get that many ships built and manned. Cersei needed allies for her fightback to be believable and Euron is about the only leader left in Westeros who doesn't have a beef against the Lannisters.

I'm not sure if they'll let Sansa go full darkness.

Reveal hidden contents

I can see her removing Jon, but not actually hurting him. And she'll get a valid cause the moment Bran spills the beans about Jon's parentage to someone in the North.I hope though that her new found hardness is applied to Littlefinger as well when the time comes

I really hope that you're correct in that they don't let Sansa go 'full darkness'. Her character can, and really should be interesting. I just find the annoying things that she does, REALLY annoying. And that's probably more to do with how I view the character than how she's actually being written.

And regarding your spoiler - that will be a very satisfying payoff. Considering that he is the architect of all the pain that House Stark has been through.

-b.

Agreed. I also wasn't disagreeing with you Kanedas, just more or less adding to the evidence. ;) 

I would like it , if when Jon learns of his true heritage he appoints Sansa Queen of the North as she has more than earned it and Bran refuses since he is the new 3 eyed Raven. I don't think Sansa has nothing to offer, she has a lot of great info and I'm sure wise council, but She shouldn't be treated as infallible, as most of the internet seems to be treating her. A few reviews even threw the m word (mysogony) at Jon because he overrode her outburst! It is just so tiresome.

Chris

Huh? How is it mysogonistic to stay with your original descision? If he did so BECAUSE it was a female that made the suggestion, then sure, but there is no evidence of that at in this situation. Not to mention the incredibly inappropriate way her suggestion was made. If roles were reversed I'd bet good money the internet would be shouting "good for Sansa for shutting down that mysogonistic mansplaining brother" and "how dare he try and undermine her authority in front of all their banner men"

Chris

He gave her wishes and thoughts no weight at all is the idea, I think. Sansa and he should have had this out beforehand and not debated it in front of all their vassals. But, hey, DRAMA!

Lol! You're right about that. Drama ;)

Though, it still doesn't make it mysogony. That advise could have come from Sir Davos, or any other person Man or Woman. IF he dismissed her advise BECAUSE she is female, then sure, but if he is was just being stubborn it still doesn't equal misogyny.  He had his reasons for his descision and he stuck by them...especially in front of that audience. Unless a man can never disagree with a woman with out being considered misogynistic.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

All good Dobber, I didn't take it that way at all.

In a perfect world she would be Queen of the North and it's very likely that'll happen because she's really the only viable Stark. That is unless she gets Game of Throned and doesn't survive. I'm still not at all convinced that plot armor will protect Jon, Daenerys, Sansa, Arya or any of the strong protagonist characters.

And no, Jon's reaction to Sansa was not at all, in any way shape or form misogynistic. Even though that mentality exists in the world of Game of Thrones (among many other less than desirable social norms), it was very clear that the only reason Jon reacted that way was exactly as he said. She went against him very strongly, very publically and regardless of her sex it should have been done privately or with a small council of folks, not a whole banquet hall full of people. 

This first episode had so much interesting sh!t happen.

Daenerys

The Hound/Sandor

Arya

-b.

Yeah, that Hound stuff was pretty brutal. He was being directly confronted with some of his sins. Just knowing what happened to that father and daughter....so sad. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

The Hound's journey from being Joffrey's Dog until now has been fascinating. I really wonder where his story will take us. One of the most difficult characters to call on his destiny.

The Hound, Jaime, The Red Woman, Euron.  The story is full of characters that go from villain to hero (or vice versa and back).  This is one of the things that make it interesting.  The last show that did this just as well was Babylon 5, where the final scene between Lando and G-Kar is shown very early in the show but the meaning of it changes completely during the run of the show.

16 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

The Hound, Jaime, The Red Woman, Euron.  The story is full of characters that go from villain to hero (or vice versa and back).  This is one of the things that make it interesting.  The last show that did this just as well was Babylon 5, where the final scene between Lando and G-Kar is shown very early in the show but the meaning of it changes completely during the run of the show.

HUGE fan of Babylon 5 (the series, the movies not so much), but it's been years since I've seen it. I might have to find the time to rewatch it one of these days.

And yes, one of the really great things about GoT is the very compelling characters.

-b.

8 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Hide contents

lots of development and everything was good until you are reminded that this is GOT

the last scene got me head scratching, so they are not really aware that there is another fleet?

Plenty of inconsistency now. They know of Jon Snow but not Euron. Then again, Yara and Theon did swipe his previous armada.

I was wondering what would happen now Bran has returned from beyond the Wall. Wouldn't he be the more rightful heir to Winterfell?

That's assuming he wants it. As the Three-Eyed Raven, he may have all the work he can handle already.

Edited by Sildani

37 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Any thoughts on last night's episode?

Best of the season so far. The way Casterly Rock was narrated by Tyrion was pure gold. 

Spoiler

Didn't see Jamie bypassing Casterly Rock in order to wipe out House Tyrell, an interesting surprise. Cersei 2 Daenerys 0 

Jamie: I ensured your Death will be painless.

Lady Olenna: I poisoned your bastard son. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

https://www.wired.com/story/game-of-thrones-leak-hbo-hack/

I didn't know all of the major plot points of this season were leaked months ago lol

Leaks for the first few eps of S7 are accurate so it looks like they were legit. There are some plot points for the first few eps of season 8 floating around but not sure if they're accurate. 

Spoilers; synopsis and script leaked for episode 4 (synopsis is on page 1, details page 2):

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-4-leak-hbo-hacked/

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

Not gonna read/watch the spoiled content yet.

I'm enjoying this season, but must admit the instatravel that many characters are exhibiting is starting to feel a bit silly. I don't know how much of it is related to them cutting down the number of episodes.

Just finished it and WOOOOT, arya and drogon RIPPIN it up this episode. Very satisfying will watch again on Sunday hahaha

I don't mind the travel jumps; I've seen all of these characters take 8 episodes to get from one place to another too many times already. No more foreplay, just get to the lovin :lol: 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Are we posting spoilers about an episode that hasn't even aired yet???

<_<

-b.

C'mon, at least give us a chance to properly pirate the show on Sunday night!