Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

Word is you can see Jon riding a horse in the brief cavalry charge shot.

At 1:17 I believe.

And on a careful watch I spotted someone wearing Targaryen armour bearing 2 swords. Season six can simply not come early enough.

At 1:17 I believe.

And on a careful watch I spotted someone wearing Targaryen armour bearing 2 swords. Season six can simply not come early enough.

Pretty sure that's from the fight at the Tower of Joy. Apparently that's what the Targ Kingsguard wears in the show. Or they're just having the SotM there with some Targ guards.

Edited by Duke Togo

• 2 weeks later...

The complete Histories and Lore from the season 5 blu-ray set.

Pretty sure that's from the fight at the Tower of Joy. Apparently that's what the Targ Kingsguard wears in the show. Or they're just having the SotM there with some Targ guards.

The animated histories above show the Targ Kinsguard with the dragon sigil on their chests, so that's definitely how the show is portraying them.

Edited by Duke Togo

• 2 weeks later...

In these times of unlimited choice, options and myriad opinions, it's comforting to know that the entire free world can unite on a single thought, and that is that we all hope Ramsay Snow dies a slow and painful death in season 6.

In these times of unlimited choice, options and myriad opinions, it's comforting to know that the entire free world can unite on a single thought, and that is that we all hope Ramsay Snow dies a slow and painful death in season 6.

Jon isn't a torturer. The death will be swift and clean, and by Jon's own hand. Unless Sansa kills him first, which is totally cool with me.

Edited by Duke Togo

Jon isn't a torturer. The death will be swift and clean, and by Jon's own hand. Unless Sansa kills him first, which is totally cool with me.

Don't forget Theon, I almost feel for him as well.

Chris

I have a feeling Ramsay will live through the whole thing. Kinda like Prince Humperdink in "The Princess Bride"

Time to start re-watching last season to prepare!

The Starks and Boltons have a long and bloody history. My guess is it ends here. The dungeon or the Wall aren't enough for their crimes.

Edited by Duke Togo

Season 6 trailer 2.

Notice Davos, Ghost, and friendly members of the Watch defending Jon's body from his killers. Notice the Stark banner flying behind Davos on horseback. Notice the Mormont banners behind Davos as he talks about the war between the living and the dead. Notice Tormund Giantsbane leading the Wildlings into battle for the Starks against the Boltons. The so-called "Battle of the Bastards" may finally prove out the theory of "the Grand Northern Conspiracy."

Also a shot of Brienne and Pod with Tully banners in the background, and the Freys at a feast.

Edit: is that Lannister armor I see people wearing at the feast with the Freys?

Edit 2: I assume the shot of Wun Wun breaking down the gates of Castle Black is part of the effort to liberate Jon's body from the Watch.

Edited by Duke Togo

The complete Histories and Lore from the season 5 blu-ray set.

The animated histories above show the Targ Kinsguard with the dragon sigil on their chests, so that's definitely how the show is portraying them.

Yeah, they're probably going to have a flashback to the closing of Robert's Rebellion. I want to say Tower of Joy because there's a lot of looming theories there that are unresolved both for the books and TV show. We have Kingsguard with Targaryen sigils on their chests yet still retaining the TV show's era of helmets for the Kingsguard. The men they're fighting look outfitted like Stark men. Anyways, the Kingsguard of the King Aerys were badass and a far cry from the joke they currently are in both the TV show and books. I actually think the current state of the Kingsguard is worse in the books :lol:

Maybe they'll bring back Sean Bean briefly for these flashbacks!

Is everyone of the same mind that Tormund and the Wildlings would only follow Jon into battle against the Boltons?

The Wildlings would follow Tormund and he would follow Jon, but it all depends on what they intend to do with Jon's character. It's a bit weird for me to foresee it because the show had massive departures the last 2 seasons from the books. I'm still pissed off what they did to Selmy.

Anyways, Jon, Tormund, the Wildlings would still have to deal with the Night's Watch first if Jon somehow returns. Most especially so if Jon returns.

As for the last video you linked, yes, those are Lannister men in that feast. The armor style is very distinct to me. And humorous that they attended the feast in armor.

There's going to be a massive amount of bloodletting as they try to finish this series in the next season or two.

Edit: I want to see the fulfillment of that vision Bran Stark had with the shadow of a massive dragon over the city of King's Landing. That would be momentous.

Edited by Warmaker

Anyways, Jon, Tormund, the Wildlings would still have to deal with the Night's Watch first if Jon somehow returns. Most especially so if Jon returns.

We have that shot of Wun Wun bursting through the gates of Castle Black...

An excellent season opener for Game of Thrones. Some of that I absolutely did not see coming. I will give a longer reaction tomorrow. But, wow!

Agreed!! Lots of great scenes, not going to spoil it for the others! B))