Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of news the past three weeks or so. A slew of high-profile castings, sightings, and even scene reports. I've actually stopped reading most articles because some of the news coming out started to look like spoilers beyond what we already know, and that's a no-go for me.

I will add this tidbit: Kit Harington did a Belgian magazine interview recently where he admitted to being under contract for atleast a few more seasons (but wouldn't say how many).

Edited by Duke Togo

Yeah It seems Cleganebowl is pretty confirmed.

Should be an exciting season. Just around the corner already. haha

I'm not sure I ever bought into that. My impression from the books is that the person who may be him has left all of that behind. I guess we'll see

Yeah, the episode with the Others attacking the Wildlings and Knights Watch by the bay was amazing. The final scene with the new wights rising and Jon and the other survivors just watching in silence was perfection.

Chris

Not really sure where to put this but when I saw these on the Star Trek page I thought they should do these for Game of Thrones, you know you need them because "Winter is Coming"...

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-new-tos-tng-hats-and-scarves-from-thinkgeek

I mean, I can't be the only one who thought of something so dumb.

Hrm, I have Star Wars to keep me warm this winter. :D

I'm generally avoiding spoilers for season 6, being that there is too much new stuff happening that is past the books, but the Jon Snow spoiler that's dropped in the last 48 hours was hard to miss (since it's everywhere). It's a set picture that definitely answers his fate in season/book 6. I'm leaving it vague, just in case.

Oh... THAT photo...

It's got me wondering though, all this while the show runners have been saying that Jon snow is dead and dead is dead.... After seeing that shot, perhaps what they were trying to say is that

Jon Snow is gone but Jon Stark/Targaryen [if R+L=J] will be back...

Edited by the_foul_fowl

Oh... THAT photo...

It's got me wondering though, all this while the show runners have been saying that Jon snow is dead and dead is dead.... After seeing that shot, perhaps what they were trying to say is that

Jon Snow is gone but Jon Stark/Targaryen [if R+L=J] will be back...

Well, he does die. You can't resurrect the living. It's all very hero's journey-ish.

More spoilers, in the form of a video. This is footage of actual filming in progress. I'd call this one totally safe for book readers, but this is a BIG one.

Some thoughts

The great fight at the Tower of Joy. No confirmation that is actually Sean Bean filming. Highly unlikely. Also, we see the famous end to the battle in the video, when Howland Reed comes up behind Ser Arthur Dayne while he's fighting Ned and kills him from behind. I wonder who plays Howland.

Edited by Duke Togo

More spoilers, in the form of a video. This is footage of actual filming in progress. I'd call this one totally safe for book readers, but this is a BIG one.

Some thoughts

The great fight at the Tower of Joy. No confirmation that is actually Sean Bean filming. Highly unlikely. Also, we see the famous end to the battle in the video, when Howland Reed comes up behind Ser Arthur Dayne while he's fighting Ned and kills him from behind. I wonder who plays Howland.

One heck of a find Duke Togo. Thanks for sharing.

While we're waiting for Winds of Winter the Dunk and Egg short stories just got a compilation release to check out. Pretty great "prequel to ASOIAF" stories IMO. Still waiting on the 4th one in this series as well... :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345533488?keywords=knight%20of%20the%20seven%20kingdoms&qid=1444182296&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I almost picked this up, but I'm going to wait for it to be finished. Which is probably never.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nothing new here... or is there? The four voices and faces we hear may all play a part in Bran's visions. We know Ned does for sure. Catelynn and Robb suggest the reveal of the long-suspected Grand Northern Conspiracy, which, of course, leads to Jon.

Edited by Duke Togo