Spoiler

The Scene with Jamie Knighting Brienne was fantastic, definitely one of the most heartfelt scenes in the series. We all clapped for that one! 

My two questions are this:

A) When they were discussing their battle plans did I miss the part where they mentioned or acknowledge that the White Walker Army also has a dragon?

B) Is Daenerys willing to accept what Jon (aka Aegon Targaryen) just told her as well allowing the North to remain free, sure didn't seem that way last night. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

I have a feeling that Drogon will play a part in Dany accepting Jon. Like she commands Drogon to do something like possibly execute someone and Jon commands Drogon to stop and he obeys. I just have this feeling that when Drogon was staring at Jon by the waterfalls in ep.1 that it wasn’t a glare but more of a “I know who you are” thing.

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have a feeling that Drogon will play a part in Dany accepting Jon. Like she commands Drogon to do something like possibly execute someone and Jon commands Drogon to stop and he obeys. I just have this feeling that when Drogon was staring at Jon by the waterfalls in ep.1 that it wasn’t a glare but more of a “I know who you are” thing.

Chris

Really hope so. Like really, really, really hope so.

The vibe I came away with from that scene in Ep. 1 was that of a pet about to watch their owner get it on. And I hated that and all of the other forced humor (or what felt like forced humor) in that episode.

-b.

2 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Really hope so. Like really, really, really hope so.

The vibe I came away with from that scene in Ep. 1 was that of a pet about to watch their owner get it on. And I hated that and all of the other forced humor (or what felt like forced humor) in that episode.

-b.

Thanks me tooB)) the Ep.1 scene definitely seemed like that at first but when I started thinking of my “theory” suddenly hi look can take on a whole new meaning. ;)

Chris

Just now, 505thAirborne said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Arya to the frakking rescue! With the White Walkers gone, now it's time to take down that bitch Cersei! But with most of the Northern Army gone, this will not be easy. 

Indeed!

-b.

8 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Hide contents

And thus is the House of Mormont ended. Go gently Lyanna Mormont, Giantsbane.

Spoiler

Lady Lyanna went down like a true warrior, so sad to see her go & Jorah, one of the most loyal in the series. 

Spoiler

Clutch move Arya.

Now I'm curious as to why exactly the Night King wanted Bran.

I hope they cover this in the next episodes.

Hopefully Winds of Winter also drops the day the series ends, though for that to be possible, hundreds of printing presses would have to have been operating for weeks with no one saying a word about it. So unlikely, but hopefully at least a date is announced. 

30 minutes ago, Mazinger said:
  Hide contents

Didn't they explain that last week?

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dothraki destroyed....

Unsullied decimated....

One dragon left....

And zero witches....

Cersei is doomed...:rolleyes:

I wonder what Bran was up to all that time?

Did Ghost make it?

Guess Ned Stark was in a stone coffin!

Spoiler

The preview for  next week you do see two dragons, the one Jon was flying I think got really hurt but still in the fight. 

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The preview for  next week you do see two dragons, the one Jon was flying I think got really hurt but still in the fight. 

Spoiler

Ok...you are right....I did not see the preview for the next episode...

I was thinking that one at the end was Dany's....lol

Wow....if the director intended this episode to convey total chaos....mission accomplished....half the time I could not figure out who the living were during some of the scenes....it was complete madness

Also....not sure about you...but I truly felt like anyone....including Jon and Dany could have bought the the farm in this episode....I lost track of how many scenes showed where it appeared like any number of the survivors were about the meet their end....

I forgot his name....Arya's love interest....did he make it?

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I thought it was the most disappointing battle episode of the entire show.  For the most part the cinematography had all the appeal of a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

An exception for the end of the fight, absolutely badass.

It was just a l.......i.......t........t.......l........e dark. Would it have killed them to add a few more bonfires? 

9 hours ago, Mazinger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Clutch move Arya.

Hopefully Winds of Winter also drops the day the series ends, though for that to be possible, hundreds of printing presses would have to have been operating for weeks with no one saying a word about it. So unlikely, but hopefully at least a date is announced. 

Yeah as azrael pointed out, this was covered last week,

Spoiler

Bran in the new Three Eyed Raven, the memory of men. As Sam mentioned, if he wanted to wipe men out, he'd start with Bran, because without their history, they are nothing.

One thing I have been wondering about, it happened towards the end of the battle/episode.

Spoiler

When Danny tries to torch the big bad King and it doesn't work, and he just smiles at her, does this mean dragon fire does in fact NOT work against white walkers, or does that confirm that, long ago, he was once a Targaryen and can't be burnt like a true Targaryen? I'm sure in the books the King will have a bigger identity reveal, and his actual identity will play a much bigger part, but the show just kind of made him an inevitable, nameless bad guy that must be stopped.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok...you are right....I did not see the preview for the next episode...

I was thinking that one at the end was Dany's....lol

Wow....if the director intended this episode to convey total chaos....mission accomplished....half the time I could not figure out who the living were during some of the scenes....it was complete madness

Also....not sure about you...but I truly felt like anyone....including Jon and Dany could have bought the the farm in this episode....I lost track of how many scenes showed where it appeared like any number of the survivors were about the meet their end....

I forgot his name....Arya's love interest....did he make it?

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Gendry (Arya's lover) made it, you can just seem him in the background where Brienne of Tarth was. 

Chaos was achieved for sure with this episode, as far as characters that could have gone down last night just for a moment I thought "damn, Tyrion & Sansa are gonna go down fighting in the crypts". 

As for the two dragons, if you blinked you missed it in the preview. :lol:

I really enjoyed the episode. However, it just didn't feel right

Spoiler

It felt like the ultimate price was not paid to defeat the Night King, who was supposed to be the biggest threat Westeros was facing. Just minor characters died, but no one of importance. Felt more like a Disney ending that a proper Game of Thrones one

20 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Hide contents

It felt like the ultimate price was not paid to defeat the Night King, who was supposed to be the biggest threat Westeros was facing. Just minor characters died, but no one of importance. Felt more like a Disney ending that a proper Game of Thrones one

Spoiler

I get your point....but I guess they went full-on walking dead....where the true threat aren't the walking dead but the living.....the series is all about the killings and backstabbing done amongst the living to get to be seated on the Iron Throne...

2 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah, the last three seasons have felt more like Lord of the Rings than Game of Thrones.

I was team Arya all the way up to Season Five as well. Now I find her to be more like an obnoxious Marvel character. She should be in support to Sansa or Jon as a stealth character, not like Daredevil. Any chance Cersi could hire Jaqen H'ghar to claim the debt she owes the God of Death (the Freys)... :unsure:

Chalk one up for the God of Light.

So everyone's just forgotten about the Sand Snakes/Dorne..? Probably for the best.

Riproaring mofo of a spectacle, but they could have dialled up the sharpness/less haziness. Had to adjust my TV a couple of times to see some times.

Expected more big names to go to be honest. Whats the point of plot armour at this point? I suppose they're saving some for the fight against Cersei, specially the Lannister brothers.

My prediction is that Denaerys will be bitter at Jon for her incredible losses (Dothraki, Unsullied, Ser Jorah and one of her dragos. That'll drive the wedge between them even more.

Spoiler

So, apparently, Arya was disguised as a White Walker. She spent the two previous episodes asking Gendry to describe her the walkers. And then, there was a shot right before the stabbing of the Night King of another walker looking suspiciously 

Edited by Convectuoso

17 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:
  Hide contents

So, apparently, Arya was disguised as a White Walker. She spent the two previous episodes asking Gendry to describe her the walkers. And then, there was a shot right before the stabbing of the Night King of a Walker pulling out some sort of dagger

Spoiler

So is the theory that Arya took the face off of a White Walker and waited for the right moment to strike?

It would explain how she just appeared out of no where.